Date: 27-04-24  Time: 21:59 pm

Author Topic: Whoever posts last is best  (Read 151562 times)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: Whoever posts last is best
« Reply #1300 on: 23 August 2023, 05:17:36 pm »
My cousin was at Camber Sands a few days back, where the beach car park charges £30 for the day, or any part of the day

Ouch! That is ridiculous...  :eek

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: 24 August 2023, 09:05:50 pm »
Cyprus, nice :thumbup . North or South?
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: 24 August 2023, 11:30:34 pm »
Whilst driving back from picking up my partner today, there was a point where we got to a give way T-junction going up what was a pretty steep slope.

I stopped us at the top, put the handbrake on to wait for a gap in the traffic, and then was somewhat alarmed to find that the car was starting to roll backwards! I managed to pull another "click" on the handbrake, but it still didn't stop us moving entirely.

Fortunately I managed to cover the foot brake, then effectively do a bit of heel-and-toe so I could keep the clutch at the bite point and get us out without the car rolling back again, but I'm going to give the Dealer a call tomorrow, because I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen...  :eek

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: 26 August 2023, 12:26:31 am »
I phoned the Dealer who told me to contact their local garage (who were the ones who did the MOT recently!)

They said to bring the car in this afternoon at 3pm and an hour later they said they'd cleaned out the brake drums and adjusted the hand brake cable by a couple of notches so it engages sooner.

I haven't had a chance to try it out on a hill yet, but hopefully this will fix the issue...

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: 26 August 2023, 08:24:48 pm »
Cyprus, nice :thumbup . North or South?

South - it's quieter for UK tourists  :lol

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: 27 August 2023, 07:48:32 am »
Nice :thumbup . Been to Paphos a few times, but then gave the north a try maybe three or four times. Seem to have fallen into a habit of always going to southern Tenerife for quite a while now though. I think no doubt because we know exactly what we’ll get, and can’t afford to risk a disappointing holiday by trying an unknown destination to us. A ULEZ compliant car will more than likely be our holiday next year :'( :'( , just when I thought I’d be able to get a later/lighter bike.
Enjoy Cyprus :)

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: 30 August 2023, 01:10:55 pm »
Nice :thumbup . Been to Paphos a few times, but then gave the north a try maybe three or four times. Seem to have fallen into a habit of always going to southern Tenerife for quite a while now though. I think no doubt because we know exactly what we’ll get, and can’t afford to risk a disappointing holiday by trying an unknown destination to us. A ULEZ compliant car will more than likely be our holiday next year :'( :'( , just when I thought I’d be able to get a later/lighter bike.
Enjoy Cyprus :)

I/we will. Might visit Valley of the Kings. I think I've read somewhere they've found something different. Just looking forward to getting away for the first time since last May. (Apart from rallies and the occasional work related trip).

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: 30 August 2023, 05:48:56 pm »
Is that on an excursion to Egypt. My pals sister used to be a guide there, until it got a bit tricky for westerners, Arab Spring, and all that.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: 02 September 2023, 02:12:54 pm »
Is that on an excursion to Egypt. My pals sister used to be a guide there, until it got a bit tricky for westerners, Arab Spring, and all that.

No, it's not in Egypt. Its just outside Paphos and thinking about it, it may not be called the valley of the kings  :look :look

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: 02 September 2023, 03:07:35 pm »

No, it's not in Egypt. Its just outside Paphos and thinking about it, it may not be called the valley of the kings  :look :look
:groan Threw me a curve ball there :lol . One time we stayed at Paphos and you could take an excursion to Egypt by boat. Just remember those people that signed up for it got terribly seasick as it was mega rough. Enjoy your hols :thumbup

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: 08 September 2023, 10:43:30 am »

:groan Threw me a curve ball there :lol . One time we stayed at Paphos and you could take an excursion to Egypt by boat. Just remember those people that signed up for it got terribly seasick as it was mega rough. Enjoy your hols :thumbup

Lol - the place is called "Tombs of the Kings". Haven't been yet, it's currently averaging 34 degs in the day and about 26 degs at night.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: 08 September 2023, 07:32:25 pm »
Camping at Nevers for WSB at Magny Cours. 35 degrees no shade anywhere, had to buy a brolly ffs :lol

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: 10 September 2023, 01:35:47 pm »
Camping at Nevers for WSB at Magny Cours. 35 degrees no shade anywhere, had to buy a brolly ffs :lol

And there was me thinking I was bad for buying a hat LOL. Currently sitting in an air conditioned apartment  :lol :lol :lol , with cold beer at hand.  :rollin :rollin :rollin

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: 12 September 2023, 08:48:53 pm »

And there was me thinking I was bad for buying a hat LOL. Currently sitting in an air conditioned apartment  :lol :lol :lol , with cold beer at hand.  :rollin :rollin :rollin
Good job I didn't read your post whilst still in France as I think I would've died of jealousy :lol ......I need a holiday to get over my holiday :lol

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: 13 September 2023, 02:15:00 pm »

Good job I didn't read your post whilst still in France as I think I would've died of jealousy :lol ......I need a holiday to get over my holiday :lol

And, just to upset everyone else - every beach we've been to has free parking. Cold bottles of water are around 50 cents and fizzy cans (Tango) are about 1 Euro. I really would struggle to holiday in the UK now. Our apartment (2 Bedrooms), fully kitted out plus air con has cost £650 for two weeks.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: 17 September 2023, 01:02:25 pm »
Might be after the phone number of who you booked with ;)

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: 18 September 2023, 10:30:41 am »
Might be after the phone number of who you booked with ;)

We went with booking.com, however, we met the owner of the apartments and he confirmed that these websites take about 15% off the money he receives  as administration fees. So we had a chat, and we're booking directly with him next year. I also discovered, booking.com is a Dutch site, so they're not even paying UK taxes!  :eek

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: 26 September 2023, 04:51:50 pm »
My Mrs not too happy with booking.com after a saga trying to book accommodation for my youngest grandson’s passing out parade at Dartmouth in December. Dealing with the owner is definitely the way to go.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: 26 September 2023, 08:12:17 pm »
My Mrs not too happy with booking.com after a saga trying to book accommodation for my youngest grandson’s passing out parade at Dartmouth in December. Dealing with the owner is definitely the way to go.

I've come across several instances recently, where dealing with businesses directly, (and with cash) helps the world go round.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: 27 September 2023, 08:47:28 am »

I've come across several instances recently, where dealing with businesses directly, (and with cash) helps the world go round.

We’ve nearly always managed to deal with the owner for self catering holidays, but of late have used a hotel, mainly for the peace of mind of ABTA protection with a package booking. Just have to try and get in quick with any discount deals.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: 18 October 2023, 02:14:35 pm »
Haha - not gone yet.   :lol :lol :lol

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: 18 October 2023, 06:40:38 pm »

Never thought you would :) . Thought you were still on holiday 8)

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: 19 October 2023, 11:21:26 am »

Never thought you would :) . Thought you were still on holiday 8)

I wish - I've come back to more work than I can cope with! The best thing is, the pile just keeps getting bigger.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: 19 October 2023, 09:04:40 pm »
Oh well,with plenty of work at least you'll have your gas bill sorted. :lol

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: 22 October 2023, 04:36:46 pm »
Oh well,with plenty of work at least you'll have your gas bill sorted. :lol

I was thinking of more bits for the garage lol.  :rollin :rollin :rollin