Date: 27-04-24  Time: 23:04 pm

Author Topic: Whoever posts last is best  (Read 151588 times)

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Whoever posts last is best
« Reply #1050 on: 22 November 2022, 09:16:13 am »
Haha :lol .It is a shame how quiet the forum has been of late. The Fazer is such a reliable all rounder that there’s certainly nothing to complain about.

I would imagine that the onset of winter, the deterioration of the economy is not helping, along with the war in Ukraine and of course not forgetting Brexit......

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: 28 November 2022, 07:58:24 am »
Haha :lol .It is a shame how quiet the forum has been of late. The Fazer is such a reliable all rounder that there’s certainly nothing to complain about.

I would imagine that the onset of winter, the deterioration of the economy is not helping, along with the war in Ukraine and of course not forgetting Brexit......
And that's before we get to the millions being spent keeping  illegal migrants housed and fed, whilst many of our ex forces are living on the streets.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: 29 November 2022, 08:55:23 am »

And that's before we get to the millions being spent keeping  illegal migrants housed and fed, whilst many of our ex forces are living on the streets.

Don't go there...........

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: 29 November 2022, 05:02:44 pm »

There are three hotels in our town, two have been "requisitioned" and house illegal immigrants, approx 500 in total. The third is currently undergoing refurbishment, and it has not been denied that it too will be a similar centre. Groups of these yuong men can be seen walking around the town most of the day, all smartly dressed in new sporty casual clothes. I have heard, but not had confirmed, that each is receiving the equivalent of £27,000 per annum, has three free meals a day, and free health and dental care. The car park of the largest former hotel has approx 30 cars parked there daily for those running the show/staff etc. It seems that we can solve accommodation problems at the drop of a hat and fund it, but not for our own citizens

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: 29 November 2022, 06:41:30 pm »
If Border Farce and RNLI must insist in providing a taxi service for these illegals, then just take it a step further. Load them on coaches with adequate security, a short drive to Dover, straight on the next ferry, paying compensation to those people who get bumped out of the ferry queue, and they’ll be back in France in time for tea. Would be far cheaper than what’s happening now.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: 29 November 2022, 08:42:11 pm »
If Border Farce and RNLI must insist in providing a taxi service for these illegals, then just take it a step further. Load them on coaches with adequate security, a short drive to Dover, straight on the next ferry, paying compensation to those people who get bumped out of the ferry queue, and they’ll be back in France in time for tea. Would be far cheaper than what’s happening now.

That assumes there's someone on the beach at the landing point, which is rarely the case. Since this is illegal entry, the army should be patrolling the beaches and initiating the roundup of any arrivals. As you say, then straight on the ferry or charted aircraft and back to France. Once returned there, they wont have any money left to buy another attempt and the French will then have to deal properly with them

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: 30 November 2022, 08:37:54 am »

That assumes there's someone on the beach at the landing point, which is rarely the case. Since this is illegal entry, the army should be patrolling the beaches and initiating the roundup of any arrivals. As you say, then straight on the ferry or charted aircraft and back to France. Once returned there, they wont have any money left to buy another attempt and the French will then have to deal properly with them

The military have got their hands tied with greeting them on the beaches - the Rules of Engagement changed in 1945 unfortunately  :lol
Most of the hotels in Worcestershire are being given notice to expect arrivals, which is tearing what is left of the tourism industry to shreds. Even the local punters can't get a dirty weekend in Kidderminster  :eek

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: 01 December 2022, 07:13:53 am »
I suppose hoteliers are between a rock and a hard place. After the covid shut down, the offer of, in some cases, one years full occupancy, is hard to turn down.
We need someone like the ex Australian PM Tony Abbott. He doled out hard measures against illegals. He expected, and got, flack from the left, but got the job done.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: 01 December 2022, 11:52:41 am »
I suppose hoteliers are between a rock and a hard place. After the covid shut down, the offer of, in some cases, one years full occupancy, is hard to turn down.
We need someone like the ex Australian PM Tony Abbott. He doled out hard measures against illegals. He expected, and got, flack from the left, but got the job done.

But I don't see the situation changing. Having more of our civil servants based in offices in France wont make a difference, neither will giving the French more money. Until we start sending them back to France, or the country in which they first arrived at in Europe, they'll continue to boat over here for 4 star accommodation. Like many other of the problems facing the nation, govt doesn't appear to have actionable plans in place

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: 01 December 2022, 07:52:41 pm »

But I don't see the situation changing. Having more of our civil servants based in offices in France wont make a difference, neither will giving the French more money. Until we start sending them back to France, or the country in which they first arrived at in Europe, they'll continue to boat over here for 4 star accommodation. Like many other of the problems facing the nation, govt doesn't appear to have actionable plans in place

But it's not just this government that's at fault - somebody ('97 - '09) invited them!

Anyway, at this rate, at least one of us is going to get reported/arrested for hate speech lol lol  :rolleyes

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: 01 December 2022, 09:23:58 pm »

But it's not just this government that's at fault - somebody ('97 - '09) invited them!

Anyway, at this rate, at least one of us is going to get reported/arrested for hate speech lol lol  :rolleyes

Id go further back than that. Govts for several decades have failed to take longer term actions to safeguard the nations interests, of both parties

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: 02 December 2022, 10:05:46 am »

It is a waste ploughing more money into the French effort to prevent them. France is glad to see the back of them, and why wouldn’t they, as they become somebody(us) else’s problem. With all the hand wringing regarding the conditions at Manston, and lawyers predicting getting compo for the illegals having to endure such conditions, is every country expected to have palatial reception centres for illegal migrants. I thought the key word, illegal, meant not legal, against the law, and you’re on the next boat/flight back.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: 03 December 2022, 04:19:59 pm »
While out jogging yesterday, I got chatting to another long time town resident. She lives close to a Council run care home which was closed down this autumn despite a strong campaign by local councillors and residents to keep it open. Allegedly, it was no longer fit for purpose and the Council had no funds for making it so. So all of the residents were passed on elsewhere. She has her finger on the local pulse and told me that the care home will, in the very near future, be accommodating illegal immigrants, just like the two hotels elsewhere in the town, and the one a mile just up the road in the next village. A bit of searching reveals the extent of the problem across the country, with private companies now commissioned by the govt to seek out and find accommodation for them. One such company has increased its profit in the last year from just £4.5m to £28m, with 37,000 illegals in approx 200 hotels across the country, at a cost to the taxpayer of £6.8 million a day. If that is the case, it will appear that the Council has chucked out the old folk, tarted up the care home, and prioritised the illegals

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: 03 December 2022, 08:08:27 pm »
While out jogging yesterday, I got chatting to another long time town resident. She lives close to a Council run care home which was closed down this autumn despite a strong campaign by local councillors and residents to keep it open. Allegedly, it was no longer fit for purpose and the Council had no funds for making it so. So all of the residents were passed on elsewhere. She has her finger on the local pulse and told me that the care home will, in the very near future, be accommodating illegal immigrants, just like the two hotels elsewhere in the town, and the one a mile just up the road in the next village. A bit of searching reveals the extent of the problem across the country, with private companies now commissioned by the govt to seek out and find accommodation for them. One such company has increased its profit in the last year from just £4.5m to £28m, with 37,000 illegals in approx 200 hotels across the country, at a cost to the taxpayer of £6.8 million a day. If that is the case, it will appear that the Council has chucked out the old folk, tarted up the care home, and prioritised the illegals

This is, unfortunately, the modern way.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: 05 December 2022, 06:55:41 am »

But it shouldn’t be. Getting out of ECHR would certainly be a step in the right direction in stemming the numbers coming, together with reducing the number of those already here. £6.8 million a day is obscene.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: 05 December 2022, 03:39:23 pm »

But it shouldn’t be. Getting out of ECHR would certainly be a step in the right direction in stemming the numbers coming, together with reducing the number of those already here. £6.8 million a day is obscene.

Yes, it is, and it's hidden in plain sight, whilst everyone else gets upset about LGBTQVC rights. There's always a hidden story going on in the background, which with the media pushing the popular story, the truth seems to get forgotten about. 

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: 06 December 2022, 04:45:34 pm »

Yes, it is, and it's hidden in plain sight, whilst everyone else gets upset about LGBTQVC rights. There's always a hidden story going on in the background, which with the media pushing the popular story, the truth seems to get forgotten about. 

and if it couldn't get any worse, the govt now wants to detain them for longer, which will mean more hotels becoming holding centres (without the appropriate "change of use" planning approval)

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: 07 December 2022, 08:55:41 am »

and if it couldn't get any worse, the govt now wants to detain them for longer, which will mean more hotels becoming holding centres (without the appropriate "change of use" planning approval)

Sorry mate - but my eyesight is not that good. Can you type it louder  :lol

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: 07 December 2022, 12:00:07 pm »
Nope. Cant remember what I said now

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: 07 December 2022, 07:27:51 pm »
Nope. Cant remember what I said now

Lol, I get like that too............ :lol

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: 08 December 2022, 08:43:59 am »
On the ECHR subject, I've just read an article by David Davis, who said that Sweden are signed up to the ECHR and don't take Albanians or anybody from safe countries, and send them straight back. We might be hamstrung by the anti-slavery ruling on this front however. Countries apparently don't have to follow ECHR guidelines, as we didn't in maybe 2010 when we rejected giving the vote to prisoners.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: 08 December 2022, 09:07:11 am »
On the ECHR subject, I've just read an article by David Davis, who said that Sweden are signed up to the ECHR and don't take Albanians or anybody from safe countries, and send them straight back. We might be hamstrung by the anti-slavery ruling on this front however. Countries apparently don't have to follow ECHR guidelines, as we didn't in maybe 2010 when we rejected giving the vote to prisoners.

I'm of the opinion, that if you've been found guilty of committing a crime, where a custodial sentence is handed out, then any privileges, such as voting, access to social media etc, should be removed and not given back until a period of rehabilitation has been carried out in the community.
I'm also of the opinion that the Schengen agreement was the worst thing ever for Europe. Free and unrestricted movement. Great for immigrants!

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: 08 December 2022, 07:45:53 pm »
Totally agree on both points :thumbup

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: 11 December 2022, 05:58:30 pm »
Totally agree on both points :thumbup

I've often thought about going into politics lol......  :rollin :rollin :rollin

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: 12 December 2022, 09:11:45 pm »
Well, as an amateur you speak far more sense than some of the clowns that actually do it for a living :lol