Date: 28-04-24  Time: 00:00 am

Author Topic: Whoever posts last is best  (Read 151614 times)

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Whoever posts last is best
« Reply #975 on: 16 August 2022, 09:29:10 pm »
Hey Robbo, long time no speak.  Sorry, I've not been on here for AGES.  How are things, Sir?  But what a comeback, I'm winning on this thread!   :rollin

Nah - I don't think so.......... :lol
Anyhow...where were we. Oh yes, you being top of the "on the missing list" league :D

Mmmm and I think she's clocked my plan. Working this weekend near Henley-on-Thames and then the weekend after I'm at the Ogri Rally - my first weekend off in August and I'm planning on defending it!  :lol

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: 18 August 2022, 08:40:59 am »
Ogri Rally.....nice :thumbup . Are you taking your tools in case you get a cash job at the airfield :lol
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: 18 August 2022, 12:43:17 pm »
Ogri Rally.....nice :thumbup . Are you taking your tools in case you get a cash job at the airfield :lol

Absolutlyfoccinot!  :eek :eek :eek
Friday - Ride up, a beer or two, pitch tent, more beer until the small hours of the Saturday morning and recover............. :rollin :rollin :rollin

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: 18 August 2022, 03:07:04 pm »
Sounds good…..enjoy :thumbup

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: 19 August 2022, 09:18:06 pm »
Sounds good…..enjoy :thumbup

O I will, I will - that's a definite, in fact if I was a betting man I'd be down the bookies betting on it :lol

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: 20 August 2022, 09:39:48 am »
Good job you're not a betting man. After all, to coin a phrase, you don't see many bookies with their arse hanging out of their trousers :rollin :rollin

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: 20 August 2022, 05:47:40 pm »
Good job you're not a betting man. After all, to coin a phrase, you don't see many bookies with their arse hanging out of their trousers :rollin :rollin

Oi - I'm not a teenager - my arse fits in my trousers!

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: 21 August 2022, 07:55:13 am »

No, not you….bookies. Betting is a mugs game, so you don’t see poor bookmakers, but in some cases a punter would put their last fiver on a bet, when it would be better spent on themselves. Maybe it’s just a southern saying.
Anyhow, what’s the thing with youth and low slung trousers. They couldn’t run for a bus. There again they’re more likely to phone for an Uber than run for a bus. :lol

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: 21 August 2022, 04:49:14 pm »

No, not you….bookies. Betting is a mugs game, so you don’t see poor bookmakers, but in some cases a punter would put their last fiver on a bet, when it would be better spent on themselves. Maybe it’s just a southern saying.
Anyhow, what’s the thing with youth and low slung trousers. They couldn’t run for a bus. There again they’re more likely to phone for an Uber than run for a bus. :lol

What's a bus?

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: 21 August 2022, 07:11:42 pm »

What's a bus?
Big red thing that I can travel on for free. Also available in other colours I expect, but ours are red. :)

Geoffreyst1

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • - Midlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: 22 August 2022, 12:01:05 am »

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: 22 August 2022, 10:55:17 am »

What's a bus?

Big red thing that I can travel on for free. Also available in other colours I expect, but ours are red. :)

hahaha lol. I think we have at least three different companies serving Worcester, however, living about a mile outside the town centre, we don't see a bus after 6pm! I generally leave before the first bus runs and get home after the last bus goes!
Makes me chuckle when the greens then expect people to use public transport :rolleyes :rolleyes

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: 22 August 2022, 02:14:45 pm »
When I was camping down at Swanage last year, the campsite was about 5 miles out of town. It was a military operation factoring in a bus timetable that only had one bus into town which ran once every 50 minutes. Must be nice living in the sticks though. Shelsley Walsh hill climb must be near you. Nice part of the country for sure, lucky man. :thumbup

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: 22 August 2022, 08:59:50 pm »
When I was camping down at Swanage last year, the campsite was about 5 miles out of town. It was a military operation factoring in a bus timetable that only had one bus into town which ran once every 50 minutes. Must be nice living in the sticks though. Shelsley Walsh hill climb must be near you. Nice part of the country for sure, lucky man. :thumbup

We currently live about 100yds from the main A44 into Worcester, about 1/2 hrs walk in ( :eek :eek ), but no buses in the evenings - apparently everybody is supposed to use taxi's, which cost an arm and a leg. The big issue is when the three new housing estates on this side of town are full and everyone will be using their cars to get into town - carnage.
Yes, Shelsey Walsh, haha lol, getting used to the run out to the hill climb, cracking bit of road. I lost a BMW 1 Series on the wife's VT750 Shadow a few weeks ago (and a bit of chrome from the exhaust  :lol :lol ).

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: 26 August 2022, 07:30:03 am »
The expansion of house building is certainly ruining lots of areas. If it's hard enough now to find an NHS dentist or get a doctors appointment, building a shed load of houses in the locality will just make a bad situation a whole lot worse. When I'm out and about in Kent and Sussex, there's villages that have expanded to the next village making suburbs that never existed five years ago.
The Shadow sounds like a real street sleeper :)

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: 29 August 2022, 07:47:24 pm »
Well, back from the Ogri rally and straight into packing everything up, ready for moving on Thursday. Started on the garage today - I reckon another day might do it. Moving to a double garage - planning the layout already........

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: 30 August 2022, 06:16:34 am »
Wow,a double garage. I’m green with envy :look . Good luck with the move :thumbup

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: 30 August 2022, 04:15:54 pm »
Wow,a double garage. I’m green with envy :look . Good luck with the move :thumbup

Might be a few days before I get to peruse the forum........

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: 31 August 2022, 09:31:56 am »
Understood :thumbup

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: 31 August 2022, 01:34:19 pm »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: 03 September 2022, 08:26:01 am »
What are you doing this weekend, fettling your new garage/man cave. :)

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: 05 September 2022, 10:45:24 am »
What are you doing this weekend, fettling your new garage/man cave. :)

Got the main benches up and ready - just got too make space for another two bikes, a hydraulic workbench and a few other toys.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: 05 September 2022, 04:02:41 pm »
Hydraulic workbench is a godsend. Bought mine from Machine Mart when they used to do VAT free nights years ago. Would be impossible for me to do my own maintenance nowadays, without one. Exup valve overhaul almost becomes a pleasure :lol

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: 09 September 2022, 08:53:36 am »

Slowly getting there - creating room for the other bikes to come over.
Fiddled around and got the electric roller door to function as it should.
CCTV will be going up.......

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: 29 September 2022, 06:02:33 pm »
Saw an ad for quite a good security gadget, but only available in the US as far as I can see. It’s a 50 quid lightbulb, that is a 360 degree camera,and a motion detector light. It’s blue toothed to your phone, so providing there’s been no incidents, you delete the footage whenever it starts to eat up memory. Obviously can be fitted anywhere there’s a lightbulb holder. Seemed a good idea.