Date: 01-05-24  Time: 23:17 pm

Author Topic: FZ1 Full Akrapovic system  (Read 2851 times)

DekF

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Fast as fck s1r
    • View Profile
FZ1 Full Akrapovic system
« on: 13 April 2014, 06:23:53 pm »
Hi all

I've decided to part out some of the more sought after quality parts from my for sale FZ1.

First up is the Akra.

Details:
Akrapovic full exhaust system
Stainless steel headers
Titanium link pipe
Carbon fibre endcan
EU stamped, road legal with removable baffle.
This system gives improved power & torque throughout the rev range, especially noticeable in the midrange.
Excellent condition, bought last year for over £1k & only used one summer.
Will consider offers over £400

Pictures are here: http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,12049.0.html

cheers

Dek

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
Re: FZ1 Full Akrapovic system
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2014, 07:15:36 pm »
Let me know on screen and rear sets if you do part them out dek
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

DekF

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Fast as fck s1r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2014, 07:58:01 pm »
No probs Luke, if the offer falls through for the bike as it stands you'll have 1st dibs on the screen & rearsets

Yamrider

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 April 2014, 10:32:08 pm »
May be a daft question but does the full system require a pc3 or can i just bolt it onto my standard bike?

DekF

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Fast as fck s1r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 April 2014, 09:23:37 am »
The main reason to fit the full system is to gain a nice boost in the midrange. This will be best achieved with the improved fuelling a pc111 or pcV can give.
You'd notice a significant gain right through the rpm range if you went from stock or slipon to a full system, believe me it is very noticeable, but you need a pc for the full benefits.
A PC111 for an R1 04-06 can be picked up 2nd hand cheaply on ebay. There's also plenty of free maps available.
Dek

Yamrider

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 April 2014, 05:35:40 pm »
The main reason to fit the full system is to gain a nice boost in the midrange. This will be best achieved with the improved fuelling a pc111 or pcV can give.
You'd notice a significant gain right through the rpm range if you went from stock or slipon to a full system, believe me it is very noticeable, but you need a pc for the full benefits.
A PC111 for an R1 04-06 can be picked up 2nd hand cheaply on ebay. There's also plenty of free maps available.
Dek

Dek,

Thanks for the information. I was looking around for alternatives as the Scorpion Serket end can I ordered was taking an age to come and I nearly cancelled the order but I've just received an email telling me it been shipped and should be with me tomorrow, so I'll be sticking to just changing the end can for now.

I, like you, would love a new BMW S1000R, but unlike you, I can't afford it at the moment.

Enjoy your new bike. I've signed up on the S1000r forum under the same user name as I use here  and am enjoying reading all the posts (with a hint of jealousy though!!!)

DekF

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Fast as fck s1r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 April 2014, 09:49:50 pm »
Hi

No probs  :)

Nice range of cans those. I'm thinking of one for the s1r. Can't justify over £700 for the Akra slipon   :eek