Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 400 and other models

400 manual

<< < (2/2)

BBROWN1664:
post some pictures and tell us what the actual issues are , we may be able to help still.

FazThou:
As bbrown1664 said above, get some pics up from under the tank and we can guide you through it.
Why do you think you need to get the carbs off?

Billy Sprocket:
thanks :) i've got a lot going on at the moment including another bike to rebuild but hopefully i'll be able to get the tank off at some point and put some photos here.
I need to clean the carbs out, the bike was sat in a garage for around 18 months before i bought it and it revs happily enough but the tickover is lumpy and temperamental, if i stop i have to keep playing with the throttle to stop it from cutting out.

BBROWN1664:
Sounds like the carbs could need a clean - stick some photos up and we can help guide you through

unfazed:
Removal of the carbs is almost the same as the 600, just remove the plastic tray over the carbs which holds the coils.
Remove the two plastic rivets which attach it to the frame and pull out the drain hose with it.
Take note of how it locates first, don't lose the rubber funnel attached to the tray which funnels any fuel or water from the top of the tank (same as the 600).
400 Carbs are Kehin,  600 carbs are Mikuni.
Just be aware clutch plates are completely different to the 600, but EBC do a set code CK2371.
Carb inlet rubbers and down pipes for the 600 fit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version