Date: 17-05-24  Time: 14:10 pm

Author Topic: Do Dogbones heed to dogbone shape (DIY)  (Read 536 times)

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
Do Dogbones heed to dogbone shape (DIY)
« on: 22 September 2015, 09:20:03 pm »
Still waiting on soldering iron and running out of things to do (Booked holiday to get as much done as possible on the FZ) So as there seems to be far to much spare steel kicking around at work it seems only right that some of it gets donated towards a set of bones.

So back to original question. Do dog bones need to be that shape on the Gen1 600 for clearance or just asthetics?

DIYer's, did you use 1/4" and anyone use stainless?

Net research suggests 131mm to give maximum lift and still be able to use the centerstand, is that correct?

Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
Re: Do Dogbones heed to dogbone shape (Sorted)
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2015, 10:03:26 pm »
Still waiting on soldering iron and running out of things to do (Booked holiday to get as much done as possible on the FZ) So as there seems to be far to much spare steel kicking around at work it seems only right that some of it gets donated towards a set of bones.

So back to original question. Do dog bones need to be that shape on the Gen1 600 for clearance or just asthetics?

DIYer's, did you use 1/4" and anyone use stainless?

Net research suggests 131mm to give maximum lift and still be able to use the centerstand, is that correct?

Found set on ebay for a tenner, hardly worth getting my hands dirty.......Next job Hmmmmmmm

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
Re: Do Dogbones heed to dogbone shape (DIY)
« Reply #2 on: 22 September 2015, 10:07:56 pm »
My god, look at the title

Must get a new keyboard