Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: EU!
« Reply #225 on: 05 July 2016, 02:42:29 pm »
Just found this, it's time to think and contemplate  :)

What's the point? Who are you trying to persuade of what exactly, and why?

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 05 July 2016, 03:53:34 pm »
+1
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

johnakay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - tracer 700
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 05 July 2016, 06:00:51 pm »
he maybe making a point on where the immigrants are heading or are here.
it seems we've got the most.

I have a feeling that we may never leave the EU.
if comes down to MP's voting.
« Last Edit: 05 July 2016, 06:06:24 pm by johnakay »
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership!

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 05 July 2016, 06:14:17 pm »
he maybe making a point on where the immigrants are heading or are here.
it seems we've got the most.

Maybe? I was more thinking what's his point? He seems to be attacking the leave camp with all these smart-arsed gifs and cryptic comments, but giving no explanations for his point of view, just pure vitriol as far as I can see. It's like he thinks the whole Brexit thing was purely aimed at upsetting him alone. Why not just come out and state his meaning? How does any of what he's been posting offer anything constructive to the debate? "It's time to think and contemplate"  :rolleyes  When you've quite finished looking down your nose at everyone Val...Tiresome.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 05 July 2016, 06:20:26 pm »
 Irrespective of whether the figures in that image are correct or not…..
All the BREXIT supporters seem to agree that the UK must have access to the EU single market.  They know as we know that that means free movement and it’s non-negotiable.  Further you have to pay to access the EU single market.  We don’t know what that price is, but what we do now know is that we need access and that we will not get a discounted rate as we currently do under full membership.

Meanwhile the pound is today at a 31year low against the dollar, it has also weakened against the Euro.
That means price rises in the shops for everyday essentials, which in turns means inflation.  So while Mark carney says he’s considering cutting interest rates, well if he does it’s unlikely to be for long as he will need to raise them in the long term to combat inflation.

This all means less money in your pocket, not to mention mortgage costs will rise steeply, so even less money in your pocket, means less spending power, means further downward pressure on our economy.
It’s hard to see a way out of this.  But at the end of the day any negotiated settlement on leaving the EU will have to be voted on by parliament.  And how can our elected members vote for continued access to the single market at a similar cost to full membership with no change on free movement, not to mentioned a down rated credit rating (increased borrowing costs), a weak pound and a nervous economy.

I suggest at some point there will have to be a second referendum.  Once we know what the full cost of ‘leaving’ is then people can make an informed decision.

Meanwhile Boris and Nigel are off.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 05 July 2016, 06:40:58 pm »
I don't know what your all whinging about, with a population of 64 million in the UK and 4.9 million emmigrants,  that's about 0.4% of which less than 0.1% are Irish people.

FFS we have a population of 4.6million and 0.9 million emmigrants which close to 20% of our population, English people make up 5% of them.

:wall

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 05 July 2016, 06:48:45 pm »
I don't know what your all whinging about, with a population of 64 million in the UK and 4.9 million emmigrants,  that's about 0.4% of which less than 0.1% are Irish people.

FFS we have a population of 4.6million and 0.9 million emmigrants which close to 20% of our population, English people make up 5% of them.

:wall

Not everyone is whingeing about just immigration  ;)

At a time when much of the UK has been talking about devolution of Westminster's powers to the regions, the EU is going in the opposite direction, and in a most undemocratic way. Not that the Tories seem to really mean it either - Northern Powerhouse? Yeah, right  :rolleyes  Why don't the EU, as a body, just come right out and say it: "We want a single European state, run from Brussels (or wherever), with no individual countries exercising their own destiny" ?

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 05 July 2016, 06:51:05 pm »

The figures in Val's chart represent the 4.9 million Brits living abroad in Europe. Hmm, people (on both camps) need to get over this and move on. The truth is we are coming out of the EU and no one knows the long term consequences be they good or bad. We will still buy and sell with Europe, we make stuff they want and vice versa, the details will need to be ironed out, that's all. Immigrants will still want to come to the UK as we are a relatively wealthy developed country, being in or out makes no difference. We still need immigrants/seasonal workers to pick fruit and plug any skills gaps required by the free economy. The UK economy will eventually sort itself out. It's a global issue, in the grand scheme of things the EU is a medium sized fish at best. I don't think we should ever do any more referendums, If we voted to bring back hanging tomorrow we'd be stringing people up outside town halls and municipal buildings by the weekend! Don't believe the scaremongering, In the words of Lance corporal Jack Jones "don't panic, don't panic!" . . . Just my two pence worth.
« Last Edit: 05 July 2016, 06:56:15 pm by celticdog »
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 05 July 2016, 07:01:23 pm »

The figures in Val's chart represent the 4.9 million Brits living abroad in Europe.Hmm. People (on both camps) need to get over this and move on. The truth is we are coming out of the EU and no one knows the long term consequences be they good or bad. We will still buy and sell with Europe, we make stuff they want and vice versa, the details will need to be ironed out, that's all. Immigrants will still want to come to the UK as we are a relatively wealthy developed country, being in or out makes no difference. We still need immigrants/seasonal workers to pick fruit and plug any skills gaps required by the free economy. The UK economy will eventually sort itself out. It's a global issue, in the grand scheme of things the EU is a medium sized fish at best. I don't think we should ever do any more referendums, If we voted to bring back hanging tomorrow we'd be stringing people up outside town halls and municipal buildings by the weekend! Don't believe the scaremongering, In the words of Lance corporal Jack Jones "don't panic, don't panic!" . . . Just my two pence worth.

Hear, hear!

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 05 July 2016, 08:29:38 pm »

Maybe? I was more thinking what's his point? He seems to be attacking the leave camp with all these smart-arsed gifs and cryptic comments, but giving no explanations for his point of view, just pure vitriol as far as I can see. It's like he thinks the whole Brexit thing was purely aimed at upsetting him alone. Why not just come out and state his meaning? How does any of what he's been posting offer anything constructive to the debate? "It's time to think and contemplate"  :rolleyes  When you've quite finished looking down your nose at everyone Val...Tiresome.

Sorry if I have upset somebody with posting few FUN facts  :)

Short of writing a book about it my point of view is Brexit is the biggest foccup of all times.

Sorry that I can't help here, but honestly after the monumental foccup I really do not see how I can help. Been constructive will not undo it.

Its like lets crash in this wall and than complaining that I am not helping, I would if I could but I can't  :'(
« Last Edit: 05 July 2016, 08:37:09 pm by Val »
Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 05 July 2016, 09:15:03 pm »

Sorry that I can't help here, but honestly after the monumental foccup I really do not see how I can help. Been constructive will not undo it.

Its like lets crash in this wall and than complaining that I am not helping, I would if I could but I can't  :'(

The shut the foc up about it. Neither you nor I can do anything about it, we are where we are, time to just make the best of things. The more people who just sit on their arses whingeing about it instead of trying to make it work (assuming it does even happen, but I'm not going into that particular nest of vipers here), the worse it will be.

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 05 July 2016, 10:05:57 pm »
buy british surely that will help. ;)
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 06 July 2016, 07:17:00 am »

The figures in Val's chart represent the 4.9 million Brits living abroad in Europe. Hmm, people (on both camps) need to get over this and move on. The truth is we are coming out of the EU and no one knows the long term consequences be they good or bad. We will still buy and sell with Europe, we make stuff they want and vice versa, the details will need to be ironed out, that's all. Immigrants will still want to come to the UK as we are a relatively wealthy developed country, being in or out makes no difference. We still need immigrants/seasonal workers to pick fruit and plug any skills gaps required by the free economy. The UK economy will eventually sort itself out. It's a global issue, in the grand scheme of things the EU is a medium sized fish at best. I don't think we should ever do any more referendums, If we voted to bring back hanging tomorrow we'd be stringing people up outside town halls and municipal buildings by the weekend! Don't believe the scaremongering, In the words of Lance corporal Jack Jones "don't panic, don't panic!" . . . Just my two pence worth.

I don't read that, I read British living ABROAD - not just in Europe.

What about the USA, Australia, Canada, China, India etc, etc, etc.

The pounds value has gone down because speculators need some form of "turmoil" to stimulate trade in currencies - without it (and with stability), they go bust.

Any news or change will be used by these parasites as an excuse to cause currency fluctuations (and economic instability), which are what they need to make money. Despite a vote for something that may, or may not, happen, the roller coaster has been started, wonder why ?

Lie to create a crisis, they make money. Lie to end a crisis, they make money - Never let the facts affect that.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 06 July 2016, 07:37:32 am »

I don't read that, I read British living ABROAD - not just in Europe.

What about the USA, Australia, Canada, China, India etc, etc, etc.

Lie to create a crisis, they make money. Lie to end a crisis, they make money - Never let the facts affect that.

You're right Millietant!  :thumbup  nothing but Vultures the lot of them.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 06 July 2016, 07:46:13 am »
This topic started with a long list of British manufacturers/companies that, since Margaret Thatchers government arrived in 1979, have shipped production/jobs abroad to the point where,apart from foreign owned car manufacturers here in the UK & Rolls Royce aero engines in Derby, I cant think of any other British owned manufacturing companies based mainly here. So when posts on here suggest European single market will still want what we manufacture can anyone tell me what these British products are?
I may be naive but, as someone who grew up here at a time when we were a major exporting economy,(we had to be after WW2 to repay our debts to USA-& the motto then was "Export or Die"), it seems that we are  predominantly a "service" economy now with our income coming from banking & foreign investment (invisible earnings) & assembling products manufactured overseas.
About the only thing I am sure about these days is that I distrust almost everything the politicians say.
So how can we as an electorate be expected to make "informed" decisions affecting our childrens future when governed by such an assortment of self-serving & untruthful characters (many with hidden agendas) many of whom have little or no "connection" with the people they are elected to represent?
Surely our present system isnt working and we need to make some big changes starting with the "quality" of our elected MPs.
I cant remember a time when we have had to witness such a shambles ranging from incompetence to nasty tactics.Makes us seem a laughing stock to the rest of  the world.
« Last Edit: 06 July 2016, 07:54:05 am by Dave48 »

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #240 on: 06 July 2016, 08:22:06 am »
Unfazed - If the population is 64M and we have 4.9M immigrants, that is 7.6% of the population. Slightly more than your 0.4 calculation.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 06 July 2016, 10:08:59 am »
The £ has gone down because all the post Brexit news is bad news. Looks like 'Project Fear' has turned into 'Project We Told You So'.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 06 July 2016, 11:00:10 am »
Food prices have have just had the biggest fall for a year, and are now the lowest that they have been for many years - not widely reported but you can bet that the stayers will start pointing when they go up, a bit like global warming brigade that only start shouting when in the british summer we (shock horror ) get a heat wave

Dosh-bourn told us that interest rate would go up after a brexit - now Carney has said they are likely to go DOWN.

The pound falling has got nothing to do with brexit - or rather that brexit is being used as a cover for others to manipulate the rate for their own benifit, we are reminded that the LIBOR cheats have all just been found guilty.

The whole EU project needs scrapping and starting afresh back to how it started as a trading agreement only.

I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 06 July 2016, 02:53:07 pm »
If you check you will see the food price reduction was for June, pre Brexit. Of course the £ is going down because of Brexit. Traders are selling Sterling and buying other currencies because of the uncertainty. All imports will become dearer. Expect petrol pump prices to go up and up.
Interest rates are being forced down to promote business lending in a desperate bid to keep the economy going.
All the issues predicted are coming true because there was NO PLAN.
After hearing years of anti EU bollox, and more recently lies, it's about time the other side was heard
« Last Edit: 06 July 2016, 02:59:05 pm by mtread »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 06 July 2016, 03:44:37 pm »
I
All the issues predicted are coming true because there was NO PLAN.
After hearing years of anti EU bollox, and more recently lies, it's about time the other side was heard

Fine, go ahead. What was the plan for remaining in? Allow things to carry on as they were? Even the remaining EU nations are now strongly questioning that. Pity it had to wait until someone made a drastic statement by voting to leave  :rolleyes

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 06 July 2016, 03:50:39 pm »
I see Farage has voted leave/resign, but will still collect his Salary from the European parliament he will also if he so desires get an EU passport via his German wife.
« Last Edit: 06 July 2016, 05:10:46 pm by BBROWN1664 »
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 06 July 2016, 05:26:42 pm »
At least with Remain there was a plan. And you can't steer the EU in the right direction if you're not in it. Farage, Boris etc. Having cocked everything up they run away from the scene of the crime

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 06 July 2016, 05:45:36 pm »
At least with Remain there was a plan. And you can't steer the EU in the right direction if you're not in it.
We were in it - we were trying to steer it and got nowhere, we warned them - they did not listen, they were so arrogant they thought that we would not vote out.
I think we did hear the doomers and we did believe them and yet still chose to leave because we believe the short term cost will be worth the long term gains in getting back control of own country.

We need to stop bringing down the country and get on with moving forward together and show the EU that we are united and resolute in our decision, that is the only way that we will get the best deals.  I for one was quite willing to do that in the event of a stay vote even a 00000.1% in favour.
The close result is a good thing in that the in coming government will have to span both camps and in doing so hopefully we will end up with best of both worlds.           
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 06 July 2016, 06:00:47 pm »
As for the Remain plan, well we already had the opt outs agreed on Schengen and the Euro, plus the Touquet agreement with the French, so we were changing things to suit us. I don't share your optimism. How bad is it allowed to get before things get better?

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 06 July 2016, 06:27:52 pm »
How bad is it allowed to get before things get better?

Exactly what the leave camp (and remember, that was over 50% of voters) were thinking while we were in. One thing is certain - a continued doom and gloom attitude from the remainers will help nothing. But then I guess you need to make sure things fail now to prove you were right; maybe then you'll be happy  :rolleyes
For me, I would have preferred to remain in, but not as things were going. Cameron had his last ditch effort to get us a good deal and failed. But even had he got more, the direction of the EU is wrong imo. All the whingeing from the remainers will not convince me otherwise, whether it was right or wrong to vote out.