slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: EU!
« Reply #250 on: 06 July 2016, 07:42:56 pm »
If you check you will see the food price reduction was for June, pre Brexit. Of course the £ is going down because of Brexit. Traders are selling Sterling and buying other currencies because of the uncertainty. All imports will become dearer. Expect petrol pump prices to go up and up.
Interest rates are being forced down to promote business lending in a desperate bid to keep the economy going.
All the issues predicted are coming true because there was NO PLAN.
After hearing years of anti EU bollox, and more recently lies, it's about time the other side was heard

As far as I know we are still in the EU and will be for at least another two years so why are things changjng so quickly?
Answer : because as others have pointed out the money traders are all doing what they have done before, making a quick profit and screw everyone else no matter what the consequences, they caused the recession a few years back and will always continue to foc it up until one goverment somewhere becomes honest and  sticks all ,not just a token few, money changers where they belong, in jail for fraud.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 06 July 2016, 08:35:22 pm »

There was no plan because the leaders of the BREXIT campaign didn’t believe they were going to win.  They thought they could lead the losing side to their political advantage.  Take Boris, he was quite recently pro EU, then went quiet when a referendum was on the table, before coming out as a BREXITER with just a few months to go to the vote and jumping in as leader of the BREXIT campaign.

Not only that but his first BREXIT standpoint was that we need to vote out in order to get back in with a better deal!  So he still didn’t want to leave the EU, but with that position not looking credible be then moved on to apparently become a full on anti EU BREXITER. 

As for him being PM, well Gove may have knifed him in the back but let’s face it he could have still stood and would have had a good few backers.  But he’s run away cos he knows he’s absolutely utterly focced it all up.

Those who voted for BREXIT have been sold a pup.

Food prices have have just had the biggest fall for a year, and are now the lowest that they have been for many years - not widely reported but you can bet that the stayers will start pointing when they go up, a bit like global warming brigade that only start shouting when in the british summer we (shock horror ) get a heat wave

Dosh-bourn told us that interest rate would go up after a brexit - now Carney has said they are likely to go DOWN.

Fazersharp, see my post 229.

Stuff like food prices are measured year on year. So on 12mnths ago food prices are down, but if the pound remains weak and as we import much of our food that will mean rising food prices.

Again a weak pound will lead to inflation.  That means Mark Carney can only cut interest rates for so long.  Also we no longer have a AAA credit rating, that also means we have to pay more for the massive amount of debit that we owe.  I guess Mark Carney’s hope is to steady the economy, boost confidence, stimulate investment and hopefully strengthen the pound from where it is just now.  But no longer is he in control, he’s reacting to events and most experts are predicting inflation and interest rises in the long term.  That means pain for a lot of people.  Let’s just hope Mark Carney is some sort of banking magician and we avoid such turmoil.

Meanwhile in terms of what we do to leave the EU or rather to what extent we leave the EU and how it is achieved – well nobody has a clue. 

As mtread seems to be saying, it’s a case of make it up as they go along.  What a way to run a country.  And folks wonder why the markets are spooked?

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 06 July 2016, 08:41:52 pm »

There was no plan because the leaders of the BREXIT campaign didn’t believe they were going to win.

Ha! They weren't the only ones that thought that.

Boris? Farage? Meh. Good riddance to the pair of them.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 06 July 2016, 09:04:25 pm »
We're out of the EU. OK so the country's divided, we'd still be divided even if the vote went the other way. Get over it move on or move out.
The US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand are particularly fond of whinging Brits, but they've all got robust Immigration policies in place so good luck there. Irish Granny? Why not give Ireland a try? Good luck pal they're employment rate is at 10%, almost twice that of the UK.
« Last Edit: 06 July 2016, 09:05:18 pm by celticdog »
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 06 July 2016, 09:29:42 pm »
A couple of the recent posts really hit the nail on the head for me.

If a proportion of our citizens (but not the majority) keeps peddling the expectation of failure, wtf can we expect the rest of the world to think.

To all the Remainers - you lost in our standard democratic process (the same one used for all referenda) - in order that we keep democracy alive, play by the rules you signed up for when you voted, accept the result and now do your effing best to promote Britain and try to help the nation succeed, instead of bitching, moaning, and running your nation down.

Be patriotic - support your "Nation" - or go somewhere where democracy doesn't work and the country is run by a minority with strong views (usually a dictatorship), loud voices........ and big boots.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 06 July 2016, 10:10:25 pm »
Nope not accepting the result at all. We're not out of the EU, we're still in. Lots of water to flow under the bridge yet and Parliament needs to decide.  And it's not 'whinging'. That's what the leavers have been doing for the last umpteen years. Nobody is talking the country down, quite the contrary, it's the result that's talking bringing it down. As was predicted by Remain.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 06 July 2016, 10:25:38 pm »
Nope not accepting the result at all. We're not out of the EU, we're still in. Lots of water to flow under the bridge yet and Parliament needs to decide.  And it's not 'whinging'. That's what the leavers have been doing for the last umpteen years. Nobody is talking the country down, quite the contrary, it's the result that's talking bringing it down. As was predicted by Remain.

Of course it's whingeing. It's politics. That's what everyone does when the subject is politics  :grumble

Cheer up. Here's a little song I wrote
               Gonna sing it note for note
               Don't w......

Alright. I'll get me coat  :lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 06 July 2016, 10:42:43 pm »
To all the Remainers - you lost in our standard democratic process

Millietant, I think what is clear is that - hopefully - that democratic process is still ongoing.

Not to mention our democratic process is open to all, not just those that won a referendum that really should have never been held in the first place. ;)

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 08 July 2016, 08:56:38 pm »
i was going to make a comment but what is this point this will never end.  good luck the winners of the vote at least you got out of bed and voted. ;) .   there are a lot of pep,s,     who i know who never voted and are moaning about the result .     :eek           good luck  GB,
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 08 July 2016, 11:28:38 pm »
I think what is clear, is that many who have never bothered to vote before, got down to the polling station, were shown what to do, and voted Leave. Whilst the country is generally on a downward trend, one thing that has shown an increase since the Brexit vote - hate crime....

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 09 July 2016, 12:52:02 am »
I think what is clear, is that many who have never bothered to vote before, got down to the polling station, were shown what to do, and voted Leave. Whilst the country is generally on a downward trend, one thing that has shown an increase since the Brexit vote - hate crime....

How do you know they voted leave? Where is your evidence?