Date: 22-05-24  Time: 16:27 pm

Author Topic: Static Holiday Homes  (Read 6610 times)

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Static Holiday Homes
« Reply #25 on: 14 July 2015, 10:17:28 am »
You could also go down the route of a large motorhome?
Lots more freedom, your not stuck in same place all the time, towbar on back and you could take your motorbike(s) too and you'd probably not lose as much as the end when you sell it?
Quick look on autrader and this one is for sale for £24000
http://motorhomes.autotrader.co.uk/used-motorhomes/burstner/active/2003-burstner-747-active-fiat-ducato-7-berth-diesel-darlington-mfpa-8ad08c6d4e53364d014e8829a810460f
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: 14 July 2015, 10:43:08 am »
Thanks for all your comments and feedback. I've decided to let this one go after doing the maths. As most most have said it doesn't make sense or add up.

I wasn't looking for somewhere to go on holiday or a motorhome. This was to get a bit of money rolling into the bank as a second brick built property is slightly out of my reach at the moment.

It's the depreciation factor that is the big spanner in the works. Also unknown equations that I'd have no control over... Site management fees etc. The site is also on the Suffolk coast and as you know this suffers badly from coastal erosion which is another factor I needed to take into consideration.

With that said I won't be investing in this... I'm out.

Cheer Foccers.
« Last Edit: 14 July 2015, 10:44:35 am by Kosmic Kartman »
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 14 July 2015, 10:47:03 am »
Also do not forget that you will be needing to pay tax on your rental income, and send in a self assessment tax form each year
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14 July 2015, 07:34:33 pm »
don't buy it to make money because you wont,      people only hire the newish ones, for about 600.      jun jul aug, the rest of the year it is just drips and drabs,  I also go on hols abroad, its like a car if you gotta ask how much fuel it takes you cant afford it, not meaning to be rude. I also spend a few weeks in the summer, and also winter when I got no work on, so it suits me, as for the twenty grand, just consider it gone,.  also if I work down there I got a base,.  saves hotel charges,. and claim back in tax,. simples.
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

Hamos

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 July 2015, 07:59:50 pm »
The depreciation is the killer.  My dad had one so I inherited it.  We have kept it on as my young kids love going there, but once it comes to getting a new one then then we will not bother.  Better putting money into a holiday home to rent out, then you have a better asset.

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 14 July 2015, 08:46:56 pm »
With that said I won't be investing in this... I'm out.
Cheer Foccers.

I didn't realise you were pitching an idea like dragons den :lol

Glad you've done your sums and decided what's right for your circumstances :)

Good wee community on here for not just bike stuff?  I just love it :)
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)