Date: 01-05-24  Time: 07:17 am

Author Topic: Gen 2 AIS block off plates  (Read 1324 times)

Stormin

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Gen 2 AIS block off plates
« on: 07 July 2015, 01:16:54 pm »
Has anybody fitted these AIS block off plates? Are they any good? Does it get rid of the popping on closed throttle? Are they hard to fit? And finally,does the Ivan's kit come with or need any device to eliminate a fault code appearing once the air pump is removed.
Thanks for any forth coming advice

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: Gen 2 AIS block off plates
« Reply #1 on: 07 July 2015, 02:23:46 pm »
I have not fitted the block off plates but like a lot of other gen2 owners I have blocked of the ais simply by detaching the hose that goes into the bottom of the airbox and blocking that off and then blocking off the little stub inside the airbox, stops most off the popping and I just used what I had lying around in the garage so it did not cost anything.
There is a vid on youtube that shows you how to do it, I think it was posted by copperdawg (?)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 July 2015, 03:05:45 pm »
I have not fitted the block off plates but like a lot of other gen2 owners I have blocked of the ais simply by detaching the hose that goes into the bottom of the airbox and blocking that off and then blocking off the little stub inside the airbox, stops most off the popping and I just used what I had lying around in the garage so it did not cost anything.
There is a vid on youtube that shows you how to do it, I think it was posted by copperdawg (?)

+1

It really does stop the mary poppins.......plus i felt that it made things a smdge smoother.....i also used whatever i could find in the shed, a small plastic cap from something put over the pipe and jubilee clipped tight and then a bolt and nut in the air box hole.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

pilninggas

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 July 2015, 05:21:19 pm »
I have, in the past just blocked the pipe that feeds the AIS from the airbox, however when I did the valve clearances at Christmas, I opted to get some block offs and install (£18 eblag) - removes all of the junk.

Worth fitting if you are in there, but ultimately just blocking the feed from the airbox will work.

Stormin

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 July 2015, 07:59:12 am »
Thanks guys. I'll maybe just do that. Try the pipe now and wait till winter when bikes off the road to attempt removal of whole system