Date: 19-05-24  Time: 09:52 am

Author Topic: SORTED (WANTED: good condition left side Gen 1 Fork leg / pair of fork legs)  (Read 1200 times)

SkidT

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - R1200GS LC
    • View Profile
Greetings All.

Posting this from holiday at the moment. Ive heard back from the workshop where my Gen 1 is in having I t's near side fork leg looked at again. I've now had the seals changed three times, twice with pattern seals and the last with OEM ones. Sadly, now that the forks have been stripped down, there does appear to be some damage to  the stanchion / slider that wasn't evident previously, hence why they keep blowing.

Turn around for the forks to be sent off to be refinished is apparently six weeks. [size=78%]As I'm booked on a locally organized track day at the beginning of September on the Fazer that doesn't really work for me.(I've already paid for it)[/size]

Soooooo..............

Does anyone have either an excellent condition undamaged complete single left side fork leg available?

Or............

A pair of original fork legs for a Gen1 that are in excellent condition please?

I'd need them posting ideally, so if you do have something, please could you PM me with a price including P&P?

Clearly the track day cost me £120 and I know roughly how much it would cost to have to forks refinished, so if replacements are going to cost me a fortune, then I may just be better off losing the cost of the track day and waiting.

Any ideas about costing would be appreciated though, as I really have no idea what would be a reasonable price for either a single complete leg or a pair.

Gutted. Just had Mike "Full Monty" it and put a new rear tyre on and haven't been able to use it since. 😡
« Last Edit: 29 August 2016, 04:53:40 pm by SkidT »

SkidT

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - R1200GS LC
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED: good condition left side Gen 1 Fork leg / pair of fork legs
« Reply #1 on: 29 August 2016, 04:53:08 pm »
Thanks for all of the responses  :rolleyes  Ive now ordered a brand new stanchion from Yamaha.

karlo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • By Fazer I Fly!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Swadlincote, S.Derbys
    • View Profile
    • UK Bikers
I bet that wasn't cheap.

SkidT

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - R1200GS LC
    • View Profile
Umm no Karlo, it wasn't. £166  :eek :eek  for the stanchion, new seal, dust cover etc etc. Relative to the price that Yamaha want for some of their parts though, I didn't think it was horrendous?

Trouble is, buying secondhand (other than off of this forum) is a complete lottery and I couldn't afford to wait six weeks for them to be sent away and be refinished. This was going to cost £160 anyway and the other one (at the moment) is fine and doesn't need doing.

Plus, if I didn't get it done quick I'd have lost the £120 that I've already paid for a track day, so its swings and roundabouts really.