Date: 28-04-24  Time: 13:27 pm

Author Topic: Low speed bump, expensive costs, i don't want to scrap it, help needed please  (Read 7525 times)

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
You did good there Lewis, fair play to you......

People have helped me on here, I am just trying to return the favour  :)

2old2boogie

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Some of those prices are laughable. £539 for a 'muffler'! Yeah right!
Here is a link to a new upper fairing (in primer) for £139. ;)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-FZS600-FZS-600-Fazer-Front-Nose-Fairing-1998-1999-2000-2001-/400320312784?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item5d34f335d0
I live in my own little world. But it's ok, they know me here.

xlewisbdx

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Some of those prices are laughable. £539 for a 'muffler'! Yeah right!
Here is a link to a new upper fairing (in primer) for £139. ;)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-FZS600-FZS-600-Fazer-Front-Nose-Fairing-1998-1999-2000-2001-/400320312784?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item5d34f335d0

Already linked him to it :P

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    • View Profile
That's not so bad, even with the damage it's in better nick than mine  :rollin

Fwiw my steering stopper is broken in the same way (only the other side), I just plan on tilting the bars back a fraction for the MOT.  Doesn't affect how it rides at all.

Mike @ Bristol

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot Lewis for the links to the parts, i'll be able to sit down with my old man at some point and see exactly what we can scavenge on fleabay to use.

Thanks again everyone for all your help here, it's been fantatic.  I'll update this post over the coming months when any parts get replaced or straigtened and when it's fit for the road again, as it might help someone in the future who has a similar problem.

Cheers foccers.

markbubble

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - heinkels,excelsiors
    • View Profile
shame about your bump,im stripping a 99 fazer for parts,sorry most of the cosmetic stuf was either missing or already sold but iv got r/h foot peg with brake lever,master cyl etc on,rear plastics(need small repair)as well as loads of other bits and pieces,let me know what you need and im sure i can help you out all you need to do is pay postage+small donation to cancer or similar charity,hope you get fixed up

keno

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZRX1200R 2006
    • View Profile
My bike was much worse than that after a kind lady decided to pull out of a side street and t-boned me.
Insurance company wrote it off as the bill was over 5 grand,only paid £1700 for it and had been riding it for over 5 years.
Bought it back off the insurance company for £120 plus i got over 2 grand for the insurance claim.
Cost me £50 to fix by the time i had sold all i could salvage and bought new stuff,including twin headlights,flyscreen,new fork brackets,indicators,new engine casing,new end can & link pipe,basically everything that was trashed in the crash.

the bike now.

DryRob

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - SV650s
    • View Profile
Nice, where did you get the setup for the front from?
thou shalt not kick

keno

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZRX1200R 2006
    • View Profile

Nice, where did you get the setup for the front from?

Got headlights,fork brackets,indicators here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-Twin-Dominator-Headlights-Brackets-Indicators-Bandit-GSF600-39-42mm-Forks-/310380712794?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item484421d35a

Flyscreen here.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Streetfighter-Fly-Screen-for-twin-head-lights-in-BLACK-/261127500878?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item3ccc69744e

Made the speedo/rev bracket myself.

All cost me nothing as i sold what was salvageable from the crash to pay for all materials for my repair. ;) 

Rikki

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
I need to replace the front fairing on my 03 foxeye. Thanks to previous ebay links, now found one for £126.50 (cheers guys). Have been quoted £160 to get it sprayed, and an hour's labour to fit it £54 inc vat. Total £340.50. Ouch. Might have a go at fitting myself though - looks reasonably straight forward in the Haynes manual. Only issue is that the subframe will need straightening out as it's a bit buckled but I'm hoping it will just be a case of a few taps with a hammer. Any advice on this would be welcome!

Was also quoted £280 for plastic weld & spray but bike shop advised that the plastic could be weak & may split again, so a new one for an extra £6.50 is a no brainer.

Does anyone think £160 for spraying is a bit steep? It's metallic silver with a speckle-effect - not sure if that makes it difficult/expensive to mix.

markbubble

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - heinkels,excelsiors
    • View Profile
yea the paint does sound expensive ,try shop around and see what you can get,fitting should be easy just take your time,prob best to do a dummy run  before you get plastic/s painted  then you can sort mounting out witout risk scratch new paint!

Rikki

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Cheers Mark, dummy run sounds like a good idea. I don't suppose anyone has a list of the exact paint colours/codes used on Fazers?