Would you be willing to take a covid vaccine  

yes
35 (71.4%)
no
6 (12.2%)
Dont know
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: The Covid thread  (Read 69290 times)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Re: The Covid thread incl a poll
« Reply #375 on: 23 March 2021, 07:57:02 pm »
Indeed. Someone's jumbled up my comments
I certainly do believe the scientists, rather than politicians or indeed people with unqualified opinions.
Our politicians have suffered an excess of confidence over competence.

I believe the problem with test and trace wasn't the privacy side. It was that it didn't test, and it didn't trace.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #376 on: 23 March 2021, 08:46:13 pm »
Stop with the political posts or this topic will get locked.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 23 March 2021, 09:02:21 pm »
Why - everyone is behaving nice as far as I am concerned. Its my thread and I do not mind politics - you can not remove it from the subject. So long as every one remains polite.
Did some one complain or something.
« Last Edit: 23 March 2021, 09:07:05 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 23 March 2021, 09:03:24 pm »
Let us know how you get on with side effects.

Six hours on, no side effects so fa-

I AM GRAHAMM OF BORG. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED!
How are you doing.

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 23 March 2021, 09:40:08 pm »
  • Indeed. Someone's jumbled up my comments
  • I believe the problem with test and trace wasn't the privacy side. It was that it didn't test, and it didn't trace.
  • Apologies, it wasn't obvious from your post I quoted from.
  • Well crap software aside, it was never meant to test, only trace. But the privacy concerns and the fact the info was flowing through google/apple, so for a lot of people me included, it was a hard no. Had it been made law, I would have simply gotten my old Nokia 3310 out of the kitchen drawer.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 23 March 2021, 10:22:00 pm »
Are we talking about the NHS app that was used to scan yourself in to the pub.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #381 on: 23 March 2021, 10:29:22 pm »
How are you doing.

24 hours on and I've only had a very slight "bruise" feeling where the jab was done and I was pretty tired this evening.

I did do a gentle work out today, but just 15 minutes at level 1 on my cross trainer, rather than the usual High Intensity version and no other exercises.

So, looking good so far...

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 23 March 2021, 10:45:59 pm »
Are we talking about the NHS app that was used to scan yourself in to the pub.
I would have to check, but I think its the same app.
24 hours on and I've only had a very slight "bruise" feeling where the jab was done and I was pretty tired this evening.
Same, the day after felt no worse than the day after a good drinking session, lethargic and slightly over-tired.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 24 March 2021, 12:26:32 am »

No politics here. It's about Covid-19 and the effectiveness of the campaign. All come in for assessment, praise and criticism - scientists, the EU, other countries, the NHS and of course our government.
« Last Edit: 24 March 2021, 12:36:41 am by mtread »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 24 March 2021, 09:40:58 am »
BBrown did have a point. It could of took off. Try and keep the politics relevant please.

I am NO fan of the government - or the other lot - or ANY lot. But I find jibes about getting eyesight tested at a castle completely boring and nothing to do with the conversation.
For clarity I do not think he should of quit --no unelected adviser/sage/guru should of been there in the first place.
 Back on subject - news today headlines of vaxing 6 year olds  :eek   How many people are comfortable with that.   

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 24 March 2021, 10:08:02 am »
I suppose it may eventually become part of the general vaccination programme, and added to the list that children have in their early years.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 24 March 2021, 10:13:46 am »
BBrown did have a point. It could of took off. Try and keep the politics relevant please.

I am NO fan of the government - or the other lot - or ANY lot. But I find jibes about getting eyesight tested at a castle completely boring and nothing to do with the conversation.
For clarity I do not think he should of quit --no unelected adviser/sage/guru should of been there in the first place.
 Back on subject - news today headlines of vaxing 6 year olds  :eek   How many people are comfortable with that.

Well I know would be very reluctant to put my kids forward for it if they do.
I can't really see the point of vaccinating children that young when then very rarely ever catch it and even when they do barely any actually get ill.
I think it would be more obviously to vaccinate secondary school "children" first as they seem to be one of the worst spreaders.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 24 March 2021, 10:34:19 am »
BBrown did have a point. It could of took off. Try and keep the politics relevant please.   I am NO fan of the government - or the other lot - or ANY lot. But I find jibes about getting eyesight tested at a castle completely boring and nothing to do with the conversation.

OK it's a deal. I won't jibe about Cummings if you don't about 'Merkin and Macaroon'  ;)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 24 March 2021, 11:04:34 am »
BBrown did have a point. It could of took off. Try and keep the politics relevant please.   I am NO fan of the government - or the other lot - or ANY lot. But I find jibes about getting eyesight tested at a castle completely boring and nothing to do with the conversation.

OK it's a deal. I won't jibe about Cummings if you don't about 'Merkin and Macaroon'  ;)

No deal - feel free to carry with cummings - I don't care for him either  :rollin   

I envy you really - you only have to spend your energy hating the conservatories, I hate them all.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 24 March 2021, 11:09:03 am »

I can't really see the point of vaccinating children that young when then very rarely ever catch it and even when they do barely any actually get ill.
I think it would be more obviously to vaccinate secondary school "children" first as they seem to be one of the worst spreaders.
I mentioned it because i wonder how many people who have been saying "its safe you are an anti vaxer" but then when it comes to their 6 year old kids --- hmm--err--- well-- ah. 

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 24 March 2021, 11:49:57 am »

I mentioned it because i wonder how many people who have been saying "its safe you are an anti vaxer" but then when it comes to their 6 year old kids --- hmm--err--- well-- ah.

Yes but let's be fair its a bit of a different scenario.
As an adult I can weigh up any potential risks and any possibility that it may harm me later in life and make a decision.
Where as for my children they have their whole lives ahead of then for any adverse effects to happen.
As a father of a young girl I can't even imagine the anguish if I forced the jab on her now only to find out in 10 years that an unknown side effect is sterility or some other kind of problems that would stop her having kids.
And before you say it... I know the scientists say its safe but they said that about the Thalidomide too and look how that turned out.
I'm just not certain I would be willing to risk something like that for a vaccine against an illness that for the most part isn't going to hurt her. I would rather she waited until she could make that choice herself, by which time the vaccine would have been in circulation for quite a few years and potentially any long term issues (or lack of) will be known

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 24 March 2021, 12:16:02 pm »

Yes but let's be fair its a bit of a different scenario.
As an adult I can weigh up any potential risks and any possibility that it may harm me later in life and make a decision.
Where as for my children they have their whole lives ahead of then for any adverse effects to happen.
As a father of a young girl I can't even imagine the anguish if I forced the jab on her now only to find out in 10 years that an unknown side effect is sterility or some other kind of problems that would stop her having kids.
And before you say it... I know the scientists say its safe but they said that about the Thalidomide too and look how that turned out.
I'm just not certain I would be willing to risk something like that for a vaccine against an illness that for the most part isn't going to hurt her. I would rather she waited until she could make that choice herself, by which time the vaccine would have been in circulation for quite a few years and potentially any long term issues (or lack of) will be known
Yes I agree with you. So what's wrong with adults applying that same principle to themselves. Not aimed at you -by the way. 

These vaccines as far as I can find out are actually classed as experimental until full process is carried out and that wont be until 2023 -- anyone please check.   

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 24 March 2021, 04:48:54 pm »
These vaccines as far as I can find out are actually classed as experimental until full process is carried out and that wont be until 2023 -- anyone please check.   

Any medical drug is classed as "experimental" for a condition until it has been subject to a full Double-Blind test where half the subjects are given the drug and the other half are given a placebo, but neither the patient, nor the doctors who are administering it know which is which.

That doesn't stop many drugs being given perfectly successfully "Off label" for conditions that they haven't been officially approved for.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 24 March 2021, 07:18:50 pm »
Latest from the EU they are basically blaming the UK Kent strain for the spread :z
 How come they are suffering more from it that we are. Its AstraZeneca's fault -- its the UK's fault (failure to export a vax they didn't want)-- Its Hungary's fault -- Its Kent's fault.  :rolleyes Anyone's but themselves. 

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 25 March 2021, 12:08:46 am »
48 (and a bit) hours later and I'm fine  :thumbup

Yesterday evening I was pretty tired, so snoozed for an hour or two, but later on I was tired again and went to bed before midnight (when usually it's gone 2am!)

I slept for over 9 hours instead of my usual 6-7 hours, but woke up feeling fine.

I did a light 15 minutes on my rowing machine in the early afternoon and was ok with that and I'm feeling ok now, so I guess I'm one of the 90% who didn't get any untoward reaction.

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 25 March 2021, 08:05:50 am »
Same, the day after felt no worse than the day after a good drinking session, lethargic and slightly over-tired.

Sanp, all back to normal in 24 hrs   :)
Later

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 25 March 2021, 10:31:29 am »
removed the off topic posts.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 25 March 2021, 10:50:14 am »
Sanp, all back to normal in 24 hrs   :)

Weirdly, I went to bed at 2am last night as usual, but then woke up about 6am and, after an hour or so of being unable to get back to sleep I got up and I've been working for the last three hours!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 25 March 2021, 12:17:52 pm »
With more and more talk now of vaccine passports for the pub or footy, saga cruises requiring proof. I think its time to remind every one what I said back in 11th November 2020. The very first post on this thread.

I don't feel it will be directly compulsory but I predict it may as well be because without a piece paper saying you have had the vaccine you will not be allowed to do almost anything

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 25 March 2021, 12:22:50 pm »
I received my vax invitation via post but I don't think I am eligible because I do not see myself represented on the accompanying leaflet.

[image removed - bkd]
« Last Edit: 26 March 2021, 07:33:09 pm by b1k3rdude »