Would you be willing to take a covid vaccine  

yes
35 (71.4%)
no
6 (12.2%)
Dont know
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: The Covid thread  (Read 70057 times)

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: The Covid thread incl a poll
« Reply #325 on: 18 March 2021, 08:12:27 am »
Got mine booked for this coming Saturday now.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 18 March 2021, 10:27:07 am »
My mate had their second jab cancelled and postponed by a week to 13 weeks.

This from Jenrick.

"Anyone with an appointment for a second jab "should have complete confidence" that they will go ahead," :rolleyes [/size] [/color]
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 18 March 2021, 12:16:00 pm »
Well someone is lying somewhere 🙄 the NHS keep saying there is going to be a shortage of vaccines from the end of March and as such have apparently been told to stop booking more people for April but both vaccine companies have denied there is a supply issue, its been co formed that its nothing to do with the EU spat.... so why is there going to be an issue?
Either the government is lying and just trying to slow down the vaccination program or the suppliers are outright lying about supply??

Gaz66

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - VFR800 Fi (1999)
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 18 March 2021, 12:51:57 pm »
Man made population cull IMHO.

Don't believe owt they tell us, it's dodgy a fook a tell thee.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #329 on: 18 March 2021, 12:54:44 pm »
My mate had their second jab cancelled and postponed by a week to 13 weeks.

This from Jenrick.

"Anyone with an appointment for a second jab "should have complete confidence" that they will go ahead," :rolleyes

I was speaking to my 95+ year old neighbour yesterday. She is due her 2nd dose next Friday based on the 12 week wait but does not have an appointment yet.

I did say to people several weeks ago that unless they increased supply and capacity for the jabs they would have issues as soon as 2nd jabs were due. This is down to the fact they want the 1st jab rate to continue at the same pace it has been achieving. Even the simplest of people (which is why MP's and ministers cannot see it) can tell that if you have 500,000 (or whatever the number is) doses of the vaccine and capacity to deploy the same you can only deliver 500,000 doses so to ensure people get their 2nd doses, you have to suspend 1st doses. They wont do this though so the 2nd doses will be postponed again. Eventually it will get to the point where we are well beyond 12 weeks and end up having to have annual boosters instead.

Simple math time if doing it as annual boosters -  50M doses = about 1M a week every week infinitum until Covid-19 goes the same way as tuberculosis etc

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 18 March 2021, 02:23:33 pm »
Yep as I said Feb 13th

I have a feeling that there are going to be issues with the second jab rollout. There is such a massive push from the gov to hit the target of 15M that all stops have been pulled out, to date less than 500,000 have had their second jab. I cannot see the second phase rollout to lower age groups continuing at the same pace as they rush to give the second dose before 12 weeks. Wouldn't surprise me if the 12 weeks gets pushed back.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 18 March 2021, 03:07:09 pm »
Both my wife & I had our first jab on 7th Jan & our 2nd one yesterday, 17th March.
The health centre wasn't particularly busy yesterday-straight in and out after the15 minute wait to check  no adverse reaction.
Well organised here in Birmingham.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 19 March 2021, 10:17:40 am »
The pm is having the az jab today. As he has had covid back in April I predict that he is going to get a kicking from the side effects. Probably planned for him to have it on Friday so he can "disappear" from public view for a few days. Otherwise its not going to be a good advert for the jab. 

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 19 March 2021, 12:38:04 pm »
Well I got a sms for the NHS direct, booked that yesterday. And then got a text from my local surgery today. So 2 different bodies nation/local offered me a vaccination  :rolleyes

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #334 on: 19 March 2021, 01:02:57 pm »
Well I got a sms for the NHS direct, booked that yesterday. And then got a text from my local surgery today. So 2 different bodies nation/local offered me a vaccination  :rolleyes

I got the invite text from my GP on Tuesday and from the NHS yesterday.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #335 on: 20 March 2021, 01:31:43 am »

Yep, I got the NHS first, booked it, then got one from my GP. I did think about trying to see if I could an earlier slot with my GP, but decided not to ;)

Still, I prefer to have been offered twice than not at all...!

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 20 March 2021, 09:07:41 am »
If you booked via the NHS, do they make appointments for you for both jabs, or just the first. My appt was booked via my GP and have no 2nd jab date. Whereas most people I've spoken to who booked via the NHS, got both appts arranged.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 20 March 2021, 09:59:49 am »
If you booked via the NHS, do they make appointments for you for both jabs, or just the first. My appt was booked via my GP and have no 2nd jab date. Whereas most people I've spoken to who booked via the NHS, got both appts arranged.

Yes, that's what happened in my case. Got both dates arranged on the NHS Covid website

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 20 March 2021, 11:17:00 am »

Yes, that's what happened in my case. Got both dates arranged on the NHS Covid website
Cool, thanks for your reply :thumbup
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #339 on: 20 March 2021, 12:18:33 pm »
If you booked via the NHS, do they make appointments for you for both jabs, or just the first.

With the NHS I *had* to book both jabs.

This actually caused a slight issue as, after I'd booked my first one, there wasn't a second one available in the 12 week window, so I had to change the first slot and then it was ok :thumbup

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #340 on: 20 March 2021, 12:31:47 pm »
Went for the jab this morning (astrazenica) and while checking in they made my 2nd appointment for 11 weeks time.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 20 March 2021, 10:16:37 pm »
Had my Pfizer jab on 11th Feb by text from the docs, but no hint of the next one yet.
I'm quite happy to have the first one to be fair. I never liked people getting close to me anyway so it's all worked out rather well.  :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 21 March 2021, 08:35:09 am »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 11:45:52 am by YamFazFan »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 21 March 2021, 04:07:19 pm »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 11:46:09 am by YamFazFan »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 21 March 2021, 08:21:12 pm »
A fantastic achievement isn't it .

Yep a fantastic achievement. Thanks to:
The scientists
AstraZeneca for producing it at an affordable cost
The NHS
The thousands of unpaid volunteers

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 21 March 2021, 09:24:24 pm »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 11:46:32 am by YamFazFan »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 22 March 2021, 10:47:24 am »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 11:46:55 am by YamFazFan »

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 22 March 2021, 11:33:47 am »
...also as Grahamm pointed out a while ago...

BoJo ordered 340 million vaccines

Indeed. And our former partners, who have spent some time convincing their citizens that the AZ vaccine was unsafe, now appear to want to stop exporting it to anyone else. Queen Ursula is not shaping up as a Leader of Nations particularly well

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 22 March 2021, 12:24:53 pm »
Both Merkin and Macaroon seem to of have been doing all they can to discredit the Ox Az. First Merkin said she wouldn't even have it, but just announced that she would. Macaroon said it didn't work for over 65s but now are saying to ONLY give it to over 55s. The EU were moaning that we were not exporting any of the vaccine -- THAT THEY DIDN'T WANT  :rolleyes .  Hungary have said they are frustrated with the slow roll out and have brought into Russian Spudnik and the China  Sinopharm vax.
 I heard one EU commentator partly blaming eastern EU countries for the slow procurement because the did not want to buy so much of the more expensive vaccines.
 Its like a covid hokey cokey. So glad we are out of all of that crap now. Where have all the Germany finger pointers gone who were spouting "look how good they are handling covid"       

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 22 March 2021, 04:41:42 pm »
Both Merkin and Macaroon seem to of have been doing all they can to discredit the Ox Az. First Merkin said she wouldn't even have it, but just announced that she would. Macaroon said it didn't work for over 65s but now are saying to ONLY give it to over 55s. The EU were moaning that we were not exporting any of the vaccine -- THAT THEY DIDN'T WANT  :rolleyes .  Hungary have said they are frustrated with the slow roll out and have brought into Russian Spudnik and the China  Sinopharm vax.
 I heard one EU commentator partly blaming eastern EU countries for the slow procurement because the did not want to buy so much of the more expensive vaccines.
 Its like a covid hokey cokey. So glad we are out of all of that crap now. Where have all the Germany finger pointers gone who were spouting "look how good they are handling covid"     

Well they may not be vaccinating anyone but the lucky bastards are on holiday in Spain already haha

http://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-german-tourists-flock-to-balearic-islands-as-spain-hopes-to-see-summer-boost-in-tourism-12253591

I see our Covid Deaths were around 17 today... Good job we are all still in hiding then 🙄 I know this lockdown was done for the right reasons and we have to maintain course blah blah blah blah
But seriously how much longer are they going to kid themselves that we are in an actual lockdown 🙈
I think we are very much at the point where we are ready to just get on with it and see what happens. As a nation we are fed up 😴