Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 400 and other models

400 and 600 parts that are the same

<< < (2/5) > >>

unfazed:
Hi Dude
 A little bit of confusion here, the oil filter of the carburettor version of the 600 is different but the one for the under seat pipe fuel injected version is the same, which is most likely what you would have been supplied with. The FZS600 98 - 03 is much shorter than the 400 one and this is due to the oil cooler fitted to the 600.between the filter and the engine.
 I had a used set of 400 inlet manifold rubbers and they were not exactly the same size. Maybe because they were knackered they did not measure up but they were close in size. However I have a new set for a friend’s 600 on order and will check them with a damaged set of 400 carburettors  I have in the garage. This will be brilliant for 400 owners because the 400 ones are over double the price of spurious ones for the 600 and I need a set for my sons 400.
Back to the exhaust, yes it does fit straight on to the 400 but it is not the same  Would hate to be a 600 owwer and be sold a 400 one. I had one on my sons for his test; he took it off again after passing. The downpipes will fit, even the exhaust gaskets are the same size and part number.
I'd say together we should be able to help many owners out there.
If anyone has a standard 400 exhaust I am looking for one.
Regards

His Dudeness:
ok pat you're probably right. i probably should have had the title as 600 parts that will fit the 400 instead of 600 parts that are the same.

if you're stuck for an exhaust just use the standard 600 one it works fine. it lines up and bolts on perfectly. i have a scorpion oval titanium exhaust off a 600 as well as the standard one and that fits perfectly too. i also have 600 carb inlets on it and they fit.

do you know if the clutch plates are the same on the two bikes? i'll have to replace mine soon

unfazed:
Hi DudeYou’re out of luck with the clutch plates as the 600 clutch is completely different, but a complete clutch from the 600 will fit. When removing the plates take note of where the damper plate is located as it is in a different location on the 600 especially if working off the 600 service manual. Replace the springs when replacing the friction plates. They are only about £5 each OEM and worth it. OEM Friction plates are probably £12 to £15 each. I replaced the 600 plates with OEMs as I had problems with the aftermarket ones. At Least I knew they would fit. Apparently the 02-03 fazer 600 have some different plates to the earlier models and the aftermarket kit I bought would not fit correctlyThe plates you require are: Friction plates 8 of 21V-16321-00 but this part number has been superseded by 3XP-16321-00Friction plate (damper plate) 1 of1HX-16331-00 Springs 5 of 90501-210L4 Bolts are easy to strip from over tightening, be warned.(Max torque 8Nm) Seen it so often over the years. As I said, that is great info. on the inlet rubbersI have a 600 exhaust but would like to source an original if possible Regards[/font]

His Dudeness:
cheers pat thats saved me a bit of hassle. i've already replaced the springs with oem springs but the clutch is still slipping under full throttle. the cable is adjusted correctly and the bike has fresh oil so i'm guessing it must be the friction plates. £12-£15 is a bit of a rip off. i'll have to do some shopping around

oh yeah this is a good site for oem parts incase you dont know it already http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/parts.html

unfazed:
Just came accross this when searching
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-FZ-400-4YR1-96-EBC-CK2371-Clutch-Kit-/150696962004?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item23163d27d4

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version