Date: 01-05-24  Time: 04:30 am

Author Topic: fazer down  (Read 18657 times)

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
Re: fazer down
« Reply #50 on: 18 June 2015, 02:54:15 pm »
haven't you got whipcash too :lol

seriously though, keep all receipts for buses/taxis etc as you can claim these expenses back, also look at claiming for loss of time (I heard this on the radio this morning on Sorry mate advert of all places.......and no.......I don't work for them or get any commission off them, just a coincidence I mentioned them earlier :rolleyes )

they were saying that the journey that usually took you 30 mins on the  bike is now 90 mins due to public transport.....you can claim for that!!
Didn't you suffer from a lack of sex drive as a result of the severe shock from the accident, which in turn put a strain on your relationship with the Mrs................. :tape
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #51 on: 18 June 2015, 05:27:38 pm »
That's good news. Sounds like it's so open-and-shut that they're not even going to try to quibble :thumbup

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 18 June 2015, 07:49:33 pm »
Ok...making progress, got a quote today from the ex yam dealer mechanic/parts man who now runs his own garage.....known him for years and his very good at his job  :thumbup.....main damage is the fairing, cracked where the indicator has pushed through....we have not listed everything as the insurance company would write it off .eg...one of the fork bottoms has a shallow scrape, looks worse than it is, its also pitted from winter riding, I was planing on polishing them up and clear coating them anyway so we left this, a very small scrape on the end can, on the underside and hard to see a good clean
 will make it look better and I do have a spare somewhere so this was also left off......ive only just looked at this quote and am surprised at the price of the fairing...thought they were a lot more ......
« Last Edit: 18 June 2015, 08:27:27 pm by red98 »
One, is never going to be enough.....

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 18 June 2015, 08:53:56 pm »
Top result Red......will it bother you that the bike has had a fall though...is it the sort of thing that would annoy you.....she was such a clean example.

the fairings came up a while back ....it was a typo on one of the supplier sites that was saying a few hundred quid and it had been putting folk off for years only for it to be recently discovered they were actually much cheaper.....would have had one on my 600 if id realised at the time.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 19 June 2015, 06:56:42 am »
hi nogs....didn`t see that about the fairings,bargain in my eyes  :)

yep , shame about the off,there is a few very minor scrapes that ive not put on the estimate,it is an 17 year old bike after all,ive looked after it in the 14/15 years ive owned it but ive also used it,41000 miles ,9 when i bought it.....the fairing is the bit i want repaired the other bits and bobs i can do,no rush....the fork bottoms is a good example...it has a small graze but it also has pitting from winter riding,both not bad and easily fettled...will do this myself...bike still looks tidy and a keeper  ;)

just sent the quote to LIVERPOOL VICTORIA i`ll`update when i get their reply....i do have a plan B  ;)

[/size][size=78%]i must say...ive had excellent service from LV ,accident on tuesday and the estimate forwarded on thursday,thats quick,LV is mrs SMIDSY`s insurers iam with hastings TPF+T so doing the leg work myself...lets hope progress keeps.....progressing [/size] :lol [/size][size=78%]  [/size]

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 19 June 2015, 09:07:30 am »
Hey red sorry I've been out of the loop so missed the start of the thread.  Hope your ok now and sounds like the bikes not to bad.  Have to get the mighty thou sorted now mate.
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 19 June 2015, 10:52:24 am »
You might be about this wrong mate - when I had my accident on my hornet 600 we got the bike written off and paid for (long as its a decent value) - buy the bike back for a couple hundred quid, get it repaired and you'll probably have some money left over.

My hornet for example all the fairings got damaged so was a write-off as new parts were horrifically expensive, I got about £2k for the bike, bought it back for £300 odd, spent about £3-400 getting everything repaired and sprayed up and ended up with about £1k left over!

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
« Reply #57 on: 19 June 2015, 11:17:44 am »
Top result Red......will it bother you that the bike has had a fall though...is it the sort of thing that would annoy you.....she was such a clean example.

the fairings came up a while back ....it was a typo on one of the supplier sites that was saying a few hundred quid and it had been putting folk off for years only for it to be recently discovered they were actually much cheaper.....would have had one on my 600 if id realised at the time.

Fairings did used to be £450-500 odd, however they came down to a lot around 1.5 years ago.  FWIW didn't realise the decals have come down in price too. Last time I checked they were about £35 each side.

With regards to writing off, they won't normally do this unless the damage is more than 60% of the bikes value. However, by arguing the bikes value a bit, and giving them a dump of autotrader prices of Fazer's, you can usually negotiate the value up to something respectable. For current claim, they've got my '03 FZS600 down as worth £2200. They're still Cat-D'ing it, with a buy back price of £550.

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 19 June 2015, 01:56:23 pm »
So.been on the blower today, phoned my insurers, hastings, and told them what happened, took note of all the details and said because iam TPF+T  I would have to make a claim myself or hire some sort of accident claim people to do it for me.

Er lazy f**ks, that's complete bollox. By law its their responsibility, check with the motor insurance bureau.

That said I have always dealt with claims myself as 1. you skip a lot of BS/red tape, 2. its faster a lot of the time because you cut out the middle man and 3. you can negotiate directly with the claims engineer from the other ins co. etc.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 19 June 2015, 08:44:56 pm »
Just out of interest on the question of admitting liability in accidents, if the driver were to say 'Sorry I didn't see you' as opposed to just 'I didn't see you', could that be interpreted as an admission of liability??.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 20 June 2015, 09:34:01 am »
B1k3rdude.....thats interesting, a good bargaining point if I renew with them, I have direct email to the girl handling my claim, always get a swift reply, iam happy doing things this wayfor the same reason as you, no BS or red tape., 4 days since accident, they have agreed to pay repairs and estimate was emailed on friday, no answer yet but still early days, iam happy with progress at the moment  :

Joerock....understand where your coming from matey....more than one reason for doing things this way, main one is I want things sorted the easiest and quickest way......too busy and its a short life and all that, but at the same time iam not going to let them screw me, I will tell whole story when case is fully settled, you never know whos watching  ;)

could still be written off, insurance companys vary in what % of what they think the bike is worth, that they will spend on repair bills before writing it off...not sure why they do this as you have pointed out it does cost them more...parhsps its paper/leg work thing........if it is written off it will still go to the same garage for repairs, blokes a great guy so happy to push s bit of work his way .

yamfazman......mrs smidsy wouldnt admit liability at the time but she did admit to me and the police thst she was attempting a U-turn, theres no signs that say you cant and iam not sure if it was an illegal manoeuvre but it was a foccin stupid place to do one, iam pretty sure this has helped my claim....not used whitness or pictures yet but I have offered them

sent estimate in o n friday morning, no reply yet but is still early days, legs still aching but swelling/brusing has calmed down a bit.........iam a lucky foccer as I have 2 fazers so not keeping me off the road....iam a bit more cautious now   :rolleyes
« Last Edit: 20 June 2015, 11:44:44 am by red98 »

fazernigel

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - CB500S CB500
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 22 June 2015, 10:35:02 pm »
Sorry to say but I have become the latest victim of fazer down.

Waiting in the traffic queue on Bristol bridge  in Bristolnfor the lights to change about six cars back from the red light and crunch I am sent up in the air five foot and my mint fazer 2002 foxeye is lying in the road like a dying fly.

Anyway after five minutes of claiming myself down I managed to get my Fazer to the side of the road not wanting to look at the damage as it would break my heart with my right leg and my back very sore.

I exchanged details with said woman driver who didn't  want to join the smidsy club but told me she had missed the brake pedal which I already knew as it was my Fazer that stopped her car,

24 hours later I am still sore but I have had her insurance company contact me an authorise me to get the bike repaired up to 75% of the agree value which is £1750.

The really good news is that I rode the bike home and had a look round it and because the engine bars took the biggest smack I think it can be repaired with a new rear mudguard  rear footrest and a maybe a fairing as it is scratched but it is only a chip the size of a five pence so if it means not writing bike off I will happily use some touch up paint.It will also need a new silencer but I got one so will fit that

I was very unlucky to get hit but my bike will live to ride again. Now just a case of rubbing in deep heat for the rider

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 22 June 2015, 11:07:21 pm »
As the great, late Max Miller once said (as a punchline) about an accident with a bus - "Has the insurance assessor been yet?' 'No' 'Can I lie down with the others?'  :)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 23 June 2015, 01:12:11 am »
Sorry to say but I have become the latest victim of fazer down.

Ouch! Glad it wasn't too serious :-/

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 23 June 2015, 06:49:56 am »
sorry to hear that fazer nigel,well done for taking time to calm down,its so easy in these situations to have a right old go at the driver which could go against you  :rolleyes ...hope your not too sore,and as you say bike can be repaired....

watch out  FOCCERS hunting season is with us.......

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 23 June 2015, 11:52:24 am »
Ouch! Sorry to hear about this Paul. Glad it's not as bad as it could of been and both you and the bike will be back on the road soon with no lasting issues.
All the best to you mate.

Mickey
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

fazernigel

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - CB500S CB500
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 24 June 2015, 08:50:22 am »
Thank you for all your kind messages gentlemen.

Quick update third parties insurance have agreed the repairs and i have a new fairing rear mudguard and footrest and engine bars being fitted to return my fazer back to mint condition.

The only problem is i have lost a bit of character of the bike as the stone chip i got in the pyrenees on tour in spain will be gone forever because of the new fairing!

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 24 June 2015, 12:36:37 pm »
Quick update third parties insurance have agreed the repairs and i have a new fairing rear mudguard and footrest and engine bars being fitted to return my fazer back to mint condition.

Excellent news!

The only problem is i have lost a bit of character of the bike as the stone chip i got in the pyrenees on tour in spain will be gone forever because of the new fairing!

Damn, life's hard, isn't it? ;)

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
« Reply #68 on: 24 June 2015, 01:08:41 pm »
... the agree value which is £1750.

Ehh!?  Don't accept that value - it's daylight robbery.
Get on autotrader/ebay. Grab a list of like Foxeye Fazer's with similar mileage and send them to the valuers. You should be able to argue that up to at least £2k. Managed to get an agreed value of £2200 for my '03 Fazer with Givi box and 20K on it.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 25 June 2015, 07:13:41 pm »
Got a call from PGB motorcycles today, they have the go ahead to fix the fazer   :)...parts ordered this afternoon and bike will be going in towards the end of next week  :thumbup

Legs still a bit sore but getting there, nice rest this weekend should get me back to normal......me...back to normal  :lol

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 06 July 2015, 07:37:55 pm »
Update....parts have arrived, going to take the bike up thursday and PGB motorcycles are doing the work on monday, all being well I'll be picking it up on tuesday  :)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 09 July 2015, 07:21:47 pm »
Delivered the bike to PGB MOTORCYCLES and had a look at the new fairing...  :D

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 10 July 2015, 12:14:10 am »
You can't beat getting plenty of photos of an accident, came across on last weekend thought I'd take some for the bike rider as he was sat in the back of a 4X4 that had stopped, took a couple then thought these aren't going to help him one bit, so didn't take any more.
Went to an accident my son was in, took my camera, it looked like my son had gone onto a mini-roundabout and was hit by a car from the right, (which had right of way), but because the volvo that hit him had the power steering hose damaged it left a trail of fluid showing that he went on the wrong side of the mini- roundabout, my sons van was totally wrecked, the volvo damaged its front bumper and powersteering it didn't even fire it's airbags, my sons airbag went off even though it was hit on the side near the rear wheel? My son got paid out the volvo driver claimed there wasn't a roundabout????????????

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 10 July 2015, 06:50:31 am »
not nice looking at fallen bikes  :\ ....yes,plenty of photos can help,did,nt have to use mine or call on my whitness,but they are there if needed...bike should be back with me by tuesday lunch time,its a bit strange after 14 ish years to wander out to the garage to find a bike shaped hole where the fazer lives  :\ 

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 15 July 2015, 08:55:42 pm »
Picked the bike up yesterday, all repaired and looking good again.....going to use it for work tomorrow , will get a piccie on the way home and post on here....just so you lot can see how good  RED98's  are...... :lol