Date: 28-03-24  Time: 23:46 pm

Author Topic: Brake Pad recomendation:  (Read 3756 times)

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
Re: Brake Pad recomendation:
« Reply #25 on: 18 April 2021, 02:18:14 pm »
I recently bought new pads for the Kawasaki and couldn't see SBS anywhere. My last lot I bought from the NEC bike show and were really good but none of the main online bike stores seemed to sell them these days. I wonder why 🤔
Main options are always EBC, Brembo or Goldfren, Although I've never wanted to trust Goldfren as they are stupidly cheap (I think less that £30 for a full set of front and back!)
I've just gone with sintered EBC as I thought they were the best for fast road riding 🤔🤷‍♂️

Bigger profit margins   ;) 
Later

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18 April 2021, 02:23:17 pm »
I got mine from here, but through their eBay shop

http://www.bits4motorbikes.co.uk/Brakes/MotorBikeBrakePadsAndShoes.html?MotorbikeID=6367

[Link edited to stop it appearing in microscopic text! GrahamM - Moderator]
« Last Edit: 18 April 2021, 03:31:32 pm by Grahamm »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18 April 2021, 02:29:06 pm »
I recently bought new pads for the Kawasaki and couldn't see SBS anywhere. My last lot I bought from the NEC bike show and were really good but none of the main online bike stores seemed to sell them these days. I wonder why 🤔
Main options are always EBC, Brembo or Goldfren, Although I've never wanted to trust Goldfren as they are stupidly cheap (I think less that £30 for a full set of front and back!)
I've just gone with sintered EBC as I thought they were the best for fast road riding 🤔🤷‍♂️

Tried Goldfren about 30 years ago.
Once was enough.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18 April 2021, 05:25:53 pm »
Tried Goldfren about 30 years ago, once was enough.
Indeed, these pads are only really any good for small light weight motorcycles.

Am I wrong, or does that not say front?Irrespective of the model number, I wouldn't buy from that advert due to the description.
Its does, but check the bike its for, that why its says front. At the end of the day it does-not-matter, as long as the part/model number matches you are good-to-go!

Moving this thread this the FZS600 section.
« Last Edit: 18 April 2021, 05:33:30 pm by b1k3rdude »

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 18 April 2021, 06:52:05 pm »

I know what you're saying, but WHY would anyone buy pads from an advert that says FRONT, when you want REAR?

I'm bored with your sarcasm to be fair, so no need to answer anymore.
I came on here after I'd spent time on the Internet thinking I'd get some straightforward answers but it's turned into a complete shambles with attitude.

No need......

As per your request, I informed you in the first post I made to

To find SBS pad fittments, go for the number i.e Fazer front 634, rear 570 on their website, then scroll down and it will give you a list of all the bikes using the same pads.

That fact you can't understand that a part No, is just that a part No and it (the part) doesn't know whether it's going on a front or rear caliper.   

It's neither mine or anybody else's fault, just yours.  Instead of just saying cheers, thank you, or just nothing.  You've dug your own hole, going deeper and deeper with every post, again not anyone else's doing, just yours, due to your lack of understanding.

Finding SBS pads is easy, as clearly demonstrated by the links sent to you by b1k3rdude, why you've had such problems, I couldn't possibly comment and is a matter for yourself. 

As for sarcasm, I think you'd do well to look at your own posts, before going off half cocked, again.  :rolleyes
Later

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 19 April 2021, 04:52:08 am »

I know what you're saying, but WHY would anyone buy pads from an advert that says FRONT, when you want REAR?

I'm bored with your sarcasm to be fair, so no need to answer anymore.
I came on here after I'd spent time on the Internet thinking I'd get some straightforward answers but it's turned into a complete shambles with attitude.

No need......

As per your request, I informed you in the first post I made to

To find SBS pad fittments, go for the number i.e Fazer front 634, rear 570 on their website, then scroll down and it will give you a list of all the bikes using the same pads.

That fact you can't understand that a part No, is just that a part No and it (the part) doesn't know whether it's going on a front or rear caliper.   

It's neither mine or anybody else's fault, just yours.  Instead of just saying cheers, thank you, or just nothing.  You've dug your own hole, going deeper and deeper with every post, again not anyone else's doing, just yours, due to your lack of understanding.

Finding SBS pads is easy, as clearly demonstrated by the links sent to you by b1k3rdude, why you've had such problems, I couldn't possibly comment and is a matter for yourself. 

As for sarcasm, I think you'd do well to look at your own posts, before going off half cocked, again.  :rolleyes

Was hardly the crime of the century looking for pads for MY bike was it?

What's "funny" about this post is the fact you still haven't directly answered my question, which would have been the much easier option?

By the sounds of things you had 3 options, Organic, Ceramic or "I'm not sure" which i would've been absolutely fine with, but now you have turned the whole post into something that people don't really want to read, they just want plain and simple info, but now they'll have to wade through all your negative sniping.
The heat ratings and all that were welcomed, i learned something there and appreciate that, but a simple brush up on your social skills wouldn't go amiss because not for the first time you've come across as unnecessarily bolshy and downright rude.

No need to respond anymore as this post is done, in fact i even bought the set found by Bikerdude as well, so i'm all padded up for quite a while now.
« Last Edit: 19 April 2021, 05:00:47 am by darrsi »

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 19 April 2021, 08:14:26 am »

I can't help you any further I'm very sorry and going forward that will always now be the case. 

Total lack of understanding.   :z
Later

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 19 April 2021, 09:58:48 am »

I can't help you any further I'm very sorry and going forward that will always now be the case. 

Total lack of understanding.   :z

Absolutely fine by me, no need to get involved in any of my posts whatsoever.  :thumbup

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 19 April 2021, 11:19:18 am »
Morning, advice was asked for and given, locking thread.

Its nice and sunny out, go for ride.
« Last Edit: 19 April 2021, 11:20:42 am by b1k3rdude »