Date: 28-03-24  Time: 13:03 pm

Author Topic: New member introduction January 2020!  (Read 834 times)

alexfzs1000

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
New member introduction January 2020!
« on: 25 January 2020, 01:07:04 pm »
Hi Guys

I would like to introduce myself to this forum! I purchased my FZS 1000 new on the 10th of May 2004, so have owned the bike for nearly 16 years but have never joined a forum unit now!

Over the years I've modified my bike, first by removing the front fairing and installing a custom twin exhaust and later fitting twin SS headlights inspired by the early Triumph Street Triple. I would be very interested in feedback from this forum, even though it doesn't conform to originality.

The main reason I've joined is to seek advice on jetting and suspension upgrades which I should have done a long time ago:

From looking around it seems the Ivan's jet kit is the best. Does anyone know if it's still possible to purchase this kit in the UK? Ivan's performance products website in the US directs you to Stephan Goodyear at SG motorsport but unfortunately he passed away in January 2019.

It seems to be a bit of a minefield trying to find the right suspension upgrades. Can anyone provide solid tried and tested advice for upgrading the front forks and rear shock? Money is not so much of a concern but I would like to make sure I'm investing in the right setup that works best for the bike.

Many thanks for opinions, advice and tips in advance!
« Last Edit: 25 January 2020, 01:09:51 pm by alexfzs1000 »

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: New member introduction January 2020!
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2020, 10:09:35 pm »
Nice bike. If you put your questions in the Fazer 1000 section you're more likely to get an answer. Not many people look at the introductions

alexfzs1000

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: New member introduction January 2020!
« Reply #2 on: 03 February 2020, 07:42:22 am »
thanks