Date: 26-04-24  Time: 22:51 pm

Author Topic: Psychology of Motorcycling riding  (Read 6405 times)

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Psychology of Motorcycling riding
« Reply #25 on: 16 September 2016, 06:34:16 am »
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16 September 2016, 06:42:37 am »
I must be giving the term "sports tourer" a bad name as,in all honesty, I  could only muster a score of 26 :eek
Having said that I am one of the older ones on here & have a vivid imagination. Also the memory of witnessing horrendous accidents involving motorcycle riders has left an indelible mark in my memory.
Was reading some statistics relating to accidents involving motorcyclists recently. Most at risk age group 35-45 suggesting that its not just newly qualified riders short on experience,but also those with many years riding behind them,perhaps pushing beyond their abilities & forgetting the mantra.... "What If?"
Most accidents occur to riders on their own,many on bends.
As already mentioned often the road & weather conditions are perfect which increase the "feel good" factor & can lead even the best riders into testing the limits-unfortunately we have to share the roads with all other classes/abilities of user.
Dont get me wrong I am all for riding enjoyment but need to remember that old bones dont mend like young ones & its not all about me but the loved ones in my life I need to think of.And NO I DONT WEAR A POLITE VEST!

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16 September 2016, 10:25:41 am »
41, but a few questions were hard to answer. My main reason for riding is to get to work and not have to worry about a parking place. By the time I've ridden all week I don't want to have to do any more biking than is absolutely necessary.
Malc

Old enough to know better.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 16 September 2016, 12:02:56 pm »
I must be giving the term "sports tourer" a bad name as,in all honesty, I  could only muster a score of 26 :eek
Having said that I am one of the older ones on here & have a vivid imagination. Also the memory of witnessing horrendous accidents involving motorcycle riders has left an indelible mark in my memory.
Was reading some statistics relating to accidents involving motorcyclists recently. Most at risk age group 35-45 suggesting that its not just newly qualified riders short on experience,but also those with many years riding behind them,perhaps pushing beyond their abilities & forgetting the mantra.... "What If?"
As already mentioned often the road & weather conditions are perfect which increase the "feel good" factor & can lead even the best riders into testing the limits-unfortunately we have to share the roads with all other classes/abilities of user.
Dont get me wrong I am all for riding enjoyment but need to remember that old bones dont mend like young ones & its not all about me but the loved ones in my life I need to think of.And NO I DONT WEAR A POLITE VEST!

I saw what was presumably a woman riding a scooter this morning with a Think Bike "POLITE" vest on.
I say it was a woman as I noticed that the black plimsolls she was wearing with no socks on in the torrential rain only looked about a size 3.
She went past me and other traffic then went straight through a red light at a major crossroads.  :rolleyes
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 16 September 2016, 12:50:22 pm »

I saw what was presumably a woman riding a scooter this morning with a Think Bike "POLITE" vest on.
I say it was a woman as I noticed that the black plimsolls she was wearing with no socks on in the torrential rain only looked about a size 3.
She went past me and other traffic then went straight through a red light at a major crossroads.  :rolleyes

At least she did it politely, nothing worse than a rude scooter rider.

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 16 September 2016, 01:25:10 pm »

Given everyone else's score I'm happy enough with that :P

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 16 September 2016, 02:59:15 pm »
47 should i feel bad  :smokin
please god let the sun keep shining

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 16 September 2016, 04:14:47 pm »
29. Could someone please pass me the 'Polite Notice' vest.
Your mot living up to FOC name :D

:lol

In my defence I did the same as others and put my little 600 down as a tourer rather than a sports tourer (which I'd have thought the thous would qualify as), and I did turn 45 yesterday so there's 8 points to add on!  ;)
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

JOE

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 17 September 2016, 07:24:15 pm »
41 - strange point system though, scored less points by being honest about my sh1te riding  :lol

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 17 September 2016, 10:40:53 pm »
42 I am ready for bikesafe instructor  :lol
« Last Edit: 18 September 2016, 11:04:58 am by Val »
Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 18 September 2016, 05:17:06 pm »
I'm stuck on question 14 (6th down, right hand column).

Two of the three answer options are 'Sometimes' & 'Occasionally'....sounds like the same thing to me?? :rolleyes

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 18 September 2016, 09:22:03 pm »
43 I'm hanging my head in shame  :o
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 18 September 2016, 10:53:00 pm »
occasionally is less often than sometimes ,,i think
please god let the sun keep shining

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 19 September 2016, 08:28:45 am »
 :agree :lol

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 20 September 2016, 08:20:37 pm »
41/46 ( I agree cars have as much right to be there as me, but I also think that they cause most bike accidents)