Date: 07-05-24  Time: 10:30 am

Author Topic: The Bike Experience  (Read 1438 times)

virtual bodysnatcher

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
The Bike Experience
« on: 26 May 2012, 09:09:33 am »
We do print work/support in whatever way we can for a guy called Talan and as I've gotten a minute or two waiting for my laser to output some artwork seps I thought I'd let all you Fazer folk about what he's doing......

Talan's been organising 2 wheeled "track" experience for disabled riders, started at Castle Combe tho's doing some on airfields and the like, is a fab' idea brought about by his wanting to continue riding in spite of being confined to a chair, working out how to and doing it and competing in racing for which he's just got his ACU licence and is racing Minitwins (I think!) in ThundersportGB series, Was at The Ace Cafe recently too with race bike.

Rather than me mithering on for pages go see his www which is thebikeexperience.co.uk which'll give you the rundown on what's what, he's on Facebook too so give him a like.

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
Re: The Bike Experience
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2012, 10:21:41 pm »
Helped out at castle combe with the bike experience twice now. Nooj made a post a while ago that got me in to.it.
So glad he did as its very worthwhile.
They do such a great job.

snooky

• Always blowing his own Trumpet
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Street Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2012, 08:21:41 am »
I'm part of the team as well alongside Ghost and Nooj, cracking charity to be part of and if anyone localish to Castle Coombe wants to join in then look on the website for dates and just turn up, or if you have any old leathers, gloves or boots, in reasonable condition of course then they will take these for new riders and can get these cleaned and repaired if need be so get in touch with any of us and we can sort it
http://web.me.com/tskeelspiggins/Disabled_Motorcycling/Bike_Experience.html

pete786.u

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2012, 08:24:43 am »
I`ve got 3 pairs of Boots (Size 9) that you are welcome to. All are in wearable condition with no broken zips or any bits missing. I could put them in the post or bring them to the circuit (300+ miles round trip  :eek :car ) when you have a track day. Just let me know if you are interested and I`ll sort something out. Also got an Akito Desert textile suit, probably no good for track days but if you can make use of it you are welcome to it.

virtual bodysnatcher

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2012, 08:30:49 am »
Yep it is fabulous, I only got in contact cos' I saw him on Westcountry TV last year and thought it such a neat idea and we could do a small something to help so did a google and found/e-d Talan and thought I'd never hear 'owt back but I did  :) 

Rather rekindles your faith in humans, they're not all selfish imbeciles......

While I was mithering someone's posted, Talan's moved recently to Surrey, is that nearer you? They do a few days on airfields too so might be one nearby. We're no nearer you than Castle Combe I shouldn't think (about 20 miles up the road) So not much use! If not get in touch with Snooky there and they'll sort it.

pete786.u

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 May 2012, 09:08:32 am »
Thanks VB. Surrey is a lot nearer to me,  I`m just off J10 of the M11.If you want to give him my phone No it`s 01763 208960 after 6pm is probably best time to get hold of me. Pete

virtual bodysnatcher

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 May 2012, 04:24:13 pm »
Hi Pete, am seeing him on Saturday as they've a stand at Castle Combe  Bike Safe thingy and is collecting new gear off us with more supporters names, apparently Aprillia's loaning him bikes too so is gathering speed and influence! Will furnish him with your number, he's in Ashtead now I think.....

Cheers  :)