Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZS600 Fazer

Mk1/2 Fazer 600: Ulez test

<< < (2/5) > >>

darrsi:
Here you go, what we all need to know, Riverbank Motorcycles just replied to me:

"...A 2000 FZS 600 will test around 0.30 gm/KM as standard.
The quickest solution is to fit a small suitable catalytic converter into the exhaust system before the test, which would ensure a pass result.
This catalytic converter will not effect your power in any way.
The suitable cat would be £125, the fitting (approx.) £60 and test £175 making a total of £360.
Any brand of fuel is fine, as long as it hasn't been sitting in the tank longer than 6 weeks maximum.
Regards
Neil..."

mtread:

--- Quote ---Contact Yamaha and get the NOX rating, if it's below the limit, you can pay (£60) them to issue you with a certificate of conformity and send it to TFL. They'll add the plate to their database
--- End quote ---
I did that. The FZS600 is over the limit as standard

casal50:
Thank you for the information I'm going to book it in,cheaper then getting replacement bike at the moment only  using every 6 weeks as on furlough have had the bike from new so would like to keep it.

darrsi:

--- Quote from: casal50 on 07 August 2021, 11:20:20 am ---Thank you for the information I'm going to book it in,cheaper then getting replacement bike at the moment only  using every 6 weeks as on furlough have had the bike from new so would like to keep it.

--- End quote ---

I have asked the question, just waiting for a reply, but if you book it in could you give us a clue on the waiting time please?

Mine isn't urgent as i live and work a couple of miles outside the North Circ, but i will get it done without a doubt. I would hazard a guess there will be a sudden rush around now to get it done.

casal50:
Hi I'm booked in for Tuesday, but looking online 2 week wait I think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version