Date: 19-05-24  Time: 02:17 am

Author Topic: More traveller grief  (Read 1703 times)

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
More traveller grief
« on: 01 March 2012, 11:16:51 am »
Found out last night that one of our local pikeys is marrying off his 16 YEAR OLD daughter and has hired a local club for the reception.
(This is the same family who have been banned from my local for threatening the landlady)

Now, as the daughter has put an open invite out AND as apparently channel 4 is filming it, a wave of panic has hit my area as we are expecting thousands to descend upon the village.

ALL local pubs will be closed, if not boarded up, for the Friday and Saturday. This alone will cost them thousands of pounds in lost revenue.
Police are pulling in ALL available staff to cover the event.
All residents will be on their guard to avert the expected crime wave.

But lets not lose sight of the fact that these people are ENTITLED to their way of life under our human rights laws   :eek
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

snapper

• GP Hero
  • Life is an accident waiting to happen
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
Re: More traveller grief
« Reply #1 on: 01 March 2012, 11:37:28 am »
open invite ?

so your going then !

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 March 2012, 12:17:57 pm »
Piss up and a fight top night lol
Its just a ride

Ton13

• Weekend Warrior
  • Tonie
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Honda VFR 750
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 March 2012, 05:48:39 pm »
I have a lot, and i mean A LOT of travellers around me, we have 5 sites within 1 mile of my house and the street behind us are mostly travellers that have moved in, we never have problems around here and are alwasy the perfect people if u need a hand...
usually when you lock your keys in the car and dont want to set the alarm off  :lol

yes we have the odd 1 or 2 rogues but most of them are civil, a lot of people give bikers bad names as do a few travellers, closing everything when the opportunity to gain more custom seems a little out there for me but then I live around them soo  :\

They are entitled to this way of life the same as we are entiltled to ride bikes and meet up, we are seen as a nusance to some same as they to your area?!?!

sorry, i hate to argue but theres nothing funnier then watching all the kids on the estate running around with police and adults trying to catch a horse or pony thats escaped  :lol
Ride It Like You've Stole It

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 March 2012, 12:30:04 am »
the street behind us are mostly travellers that have moved in
Never been able to get my head around that.  Travellers living in a house means they don't travel so can't be travellers any more.

If you'd seen the damage done to a venue near me when they had a travellers wedding reception there, you'd understand why the pubs will be boarding up their windows.  Just because they have plenty of money, in cash and almost certainly undeclared, so they can afford to pay for any damage doesn't give them the right to cause 15 grands worth of damage to a property operated by a charity that relies on public donations and renting out their place.

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #5 on: 02 March 2012, 08:01:43 am »
i have to agree with Ton13

we have 2 travellers sites just down the road and generally they are ok. and they do tend to police the area as they know any trouble they will be the 1st to be looked at!!

the only thing that annoys me is that at the local school we couldn't get the youngest into class at first as they held 5 spaces open for traveller kids that "might" move into the area. thats when I used my Armed forces trump card and insisted that as the older 2 were already in that school then why should the youngest have to go to the next village school!!

1 question I have is why do all travellers have such strong Irish accents when they must be at least 2 or 3rd generation and have lived in Cornwall all their lives? :rolleyes
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

snapper

• GP Hero
  • Life is an accident waiting to happen
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 March 2012, 09:33:34 am »
I think to be honest , with channel four filming it , you should be ok, but dispite the the fact that a lot of them are ok And that its only the minority that give them a bad name , it would still scare the hell out of me if it was local to me !

but there rights ,And there wrong doings is another thread