Date: 19-05-24  Time: 02:55 am

Author Topic: Unleashed the beast  (Read 1088 times)

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Unleashed the beast
« on: 23 February 2012, 01:23:47 pm »
 :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot

What an amazing day for a ride, sometimes I am so glad I commute on the bike, it means I have the bike to hand for days like today.

Amazing weather down here in Kent, popped out at lunch and took the bike through the Wingham Bends (just outside Canterbury), I've not stopped grinning yet...warmer riding weather is coming!  :D
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed the beast
« Reply #1 on: 23 February 2012, 08:55:27 pm »
My commute home was with a smile and on the longer scenic route.

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 February 2012, 07:40:11 am »
a very balmy 15 degrees in rugby ...managed to take fazer out for a spin...lovely.

mickdel

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 February 2012, 08:39:17 am »
Commuted for three years into westminster on a bandit, fazer and an xt600.  The fazer was a handful to filter fast on,  which I sort of became addicted to and would race people doing the same thing.  Haven't really done it since I wrote off the xt when a merc decided to do a uturn in front of a bus (100m from my home doh!) at 40mph.  Bastard rider behind me said he saw it was my fault as i was riding insanely fast for the conditions,  so i had to pay thru my insurance for 4k worth of damage to the merc.   I'd managed to do the drivers door, which had been totalled and wouldn't close, then I hit roof and bonnet with my body and bike swung round and did the front wing.  It was a 6m old car with a woman driver.  She said her son was bragging to his mates the next day as he was in the back seat and said he thought his car had been bombed:)
Lost interest in commuting after that,  but still consider it now and again if i could pick up a cheap scooter or another thin bike like the xt.  I could get up on to pavements with that and other obstructions.  Also got done on the r1 for doing 59mph just before the houses of parliament.
Head Focced

alan sherman

• FOC-U Pimp Daddy and
    Sick Note
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 February 2012, 09:27:39 am »
Mick - stick to public transport..... Please!    LOL :)