Date: 22-05-24  Time: 15:12 pm

Author Topic: Drivetrain slack  (Read 5159 times)

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Drivetrain slack
« Reply #25 on: 19 September 2013, 10:37:09 pm »
That sounds like a lot. 1 tooth on the front sprocket??
1 tooth on the rear sprocket is 7.5ยบ
Yes, the front sprocket.
It seemed like a lot to me too, but I've nothing to compare it to at the moment so maybe it's normal.

brumax

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02 October 2013, 06:03:25 pm »
hello, im new to fazer 600, how much slack is too much ? where will the slack be, in the gearbox or clutch basket?  and is there a way to adjust it ?
cheers

Lez72

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03 October 2013, 12:15:22 pm »
hello, im new to fazer 600, how much slack is too much ? where will the slack be, in the gearbox or clutch basket?  and is there a way to adjust it ?
cheers
The 'slack' that the above posters are referring to is the chain 'slack'. This is measured by having a handy little ruler available and pushing upwards on the lower chain run to see how many mm of play/movement there is. The chain is adjusted by loosening the rear wheel axle nut and adjusting the nuts on the trailing end of the swingarm. If you are going to attempt this, make sure you look at both sides of the swingarm when making the adjustment. There are alignment marks on both sides where the axle slides through which are an aid to making sure your wheel is in alignment. When you are happy with the slack in your chain be sure to tighten the axle nut and check the tightness of the chain again. Tightening the axle nut can alter the chain slack to some degree and put your settings out again. This sounds pretty complicated to do but is made much easier if you have a manual to hand with diagrams which I would suggest if attempting for the 1st time  ;) 
Yamaha Fazer 'the only bike you'll ever need' maybe ???

brumax

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03 October 2013, 08:51:34 pm »
Cheerz les, but I mean the backlash in the clutch / gear train,

brumax

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09 April 2014, 07:00:02 pm »
Hello, thanks for all info, if 1 tooth play at front sprocket is normal then all seems ok,
cheers,

keep one wheel down  :-)

Plus! wot a great site this is for info :-)
« Last Edit: 09 April 2014, 08:25:07 pm by brumax »