General > Introduction

Hello from Gen 2 FZ1 owner - NE Scotland

(1/1)

notsofast:
Hi Folks - Recently purchased 2006 FZ1.  I always liked the look of the FZ1 and one came up fairly local to me when I was looking for a naked road bike.  It was neglected cosmetically but mechanically seems fine - A day cleaning it up has made it a little more presentable.  Other than cleaning, the only work carried out so far is oil + filter and a new set of plugs which sorted out the extremely poor throttle response just off idle.  A new pair of bar end mirrors and brake / gear change lever rubbers has it working well enough.  The only other attention it is likely to see anytime soon is to strip / grease the suspension linkage and maybe sort out a small ding on the front corner of the tank.

I have been riding bikes since I was a kid getting my first bike on the road (Suzuki TS50ER) in 1985 and have had all manner of bikes since then.  Not too many Yamaha's over the years but I have fond memories of my RD250LC which was a riot.  My favourite has always been the bike I have had at the time. The only other bike presently in the garage is my old GSXR600K1 track bike which I have owned for 10 years.
I had the FZ1 out this afternoon getting the benefit of some of the local road repairs that were done for the benefit of the final stage of the Tour of Britain.  Plenty of others out and about doing likewise - Great fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version