Date: 26-04-24  Time: 09:26 am

Author Topic: Some new bits added  (Read 803 times)

Stewie

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Versys 650
    • View Profile
Some new bits added
« on: 07 July 2015, 02:46:39 pm »
Today I fitted some new bits to make things a bit more to my taste.

First up was a new tail tidy, I don't like the look of the OEM one so it had to come off, I fitted a new or from Evotech performance and it is a nice bit of kit.
It is not the easiest job as the whole back end has to come off to get at the wiring and run the new stuff in.
The new one comes with an LED number plate light and all of the hardware to fit it.
it took about two hours all told but I think it was time we'll spent and I am much happier with the look now.

Next up was changing the levers, I have gone for the black, long folding levers with black adjusters, they came with red and the black was a no cost extra.
This was a 30 minute job and would have been much quicker if I had not dropped one of the ball bearings when I was changing the adjusters over.
Bonus is now I have a clutch adjust as well

The rear before

During and after

The levers before

And after

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Re: Some new bits added
« Reply #1 on: 07 July 2015, 03:08:20 pm »
All looks good buddy....especially the tail tidy........i got the integrated rear led lights on mine.....but i really need a slightly smaller number plate as the giant ones look ridiculous....not wanin to go uber illegal but just more proportional.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Stewie

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Versys 650
    • View Profile
Re: Some new bits added
« Reply #2 on: 07 July 2015, 06:10:13 pm »
All looks good buddy....especially the tail tidy........i got the integrated rear led lights on mine.....but i really need a slightly smaller number plate as the giant ones look ridiculous....not wanin to go uber illegal but just more proportional.

I am thinking the indicators are the next change, they don't match the trimmed down look.
The plate is also something to think about but I am not sure how to go about it, I have never gone for a smaller plate before but it could be on the cards.