Date: 17-05-24  Time: 14:33 pm

Author Topic: British Superbikes - Tom Tunstall Racing  (Read 2316 times)

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
British Superbikes - Tom Tunstall Racing
« on: 25 July 2012, 04:32:00 pm »
I just want to say what a top fella Tom Tunstall, team manager and rider for the Tom Tunstall Racing team competing in the British Super Bikes is.

I've just had a fab weekend at Brands Hatch, qualifying and race day, with access to the BSB paddock and Tom's garage, all for free.

Back at Easter I took my 5 year old daughter to the practice day for the opening round of the BSB at Brands.  She took a shine to Tom because he has the same surname as her primary school, and according to her he's named after her school.  We had a fab day and she cheed him on from the inside of Druids, waving every lap.  She even wrote about seeing him in her learning diary at school.

I decided to take her to qualifying for the latest round at Brands and she again spoke of Tom Tunstall, and asked if she could make a poster and he could wave at her, I explained that he might not see us, but said I would write to him, explain where we would stand and see if he could give us a wave.

The result was him leaving us a pass at the gate, one that would get us in the BSB paddock behind the pits to meet him, AMAZING, certainly never expected that.

We had a fab weekend, went and met him on both days, went in the garage, chatted bikes with his crew and met the team.

Despite him having a tough weekend both as rider and team manager, with a new bike after moving from Ducatti to Honda at the last round.  Losing one of the bikes and his team mate breaking his foot after a high speed engine failure he still managed to take 5 minutes to chat to us and my excited daughter, he was dead chuffed about the poster she had made and was generally a top, all round guy, even his team said as much about him

So, a big thank you Tom!  :)
« Last Edit: 25 July 2012, 04:35:06 pm by HarryHornby »
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

Tori

• Tent Pole Erector / Truck Hunter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
Re: British Superbikes - Tom Tunstall Racing
« Reply #1 on: 25 July 2012, 10:07:06 pm »
Aww, well done Tom! I also sat just inside druids :) Great views :)

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Re: British Superbikes - Tom Tunstall Racing
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2012, 07:19:08 pm »
Nice story and what a top fella!

* Crash.Net racing newsfeeds

MotoGP

World Superbikes

British Superbikes