Date: 27-04-24  Time: 21:35 pm

Author Topic: Just Stop oil  (Read 996 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Just Stop oil
« on: 25 July 2023, 09:05:03 pm »
Been thinking what would I do faced with one of their demonstrations blocking the road. Wouldn't take the chance on riding through as they all have cameras so I can be done for dangerous driving.

So what about filtering to the front turning the ignition off and taking the keys out and pushing the bike through them then once safely past jump on and off I go. Problem is now they have stopped gluing themselves to the road and instead are slow walking and my plan relys on me being able to push my bike faster than they can walk  :lol   
« Last Edit: 26 July 2023, 11:34:07 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Just Stop oil
« Reply #1 on: 25 July 2023, 09:09:14 pm »
turn around an go another way?
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2023, 07:56:42 pm »
You need to get a snow plow fitted to the front of your bike.  :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2023, 07:58:50 pm »

Saw my dyslexic mate protesting outside a garden centre glued to the road holding up a sign that read
''Top soil now''  :rollin
« Last Edit: 26 July 2023, 07:59:45 pm by darrsi »
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2023, 08:27:54 pm »
Been thinking what would I do faced with one of their demonstrations blocking the road. Wouldn't take the chance on riding through as they all have cameras so I can be done for dangerous driving. So what about filtering to the front turning the ignition off and taking the keys out and pushing the bike through them then once safely past jump on and off I go.Problem is now they have stopped gluing themselves to the road and instead are slow walking my plan rely s on me being able to push my bike faster than they can walk  :lol
[/quote

I think you've got right if you're on the bike. Not much you can do if you're stuck in a motor car though, save band together and pick them up ans throw them out of the way.

Damn nuisance though. They had to have extra security at Donington for WSB weekend before last, and at the last Test Match. Cricket FFS. Strikes me they're doing there cause more harm than good, hitting the man in the street. Surely, if you need to make a political point, then you have to hit the politicians

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 July 2023, 09:02:37 pm »
I was camping at Donny for WSB, and was amazed at the lack of security. Was never challenged for the camp site wrist band or track entry tickets. They did the same tannoy announcement at Brands as they did at Donny, regarding texting some number if any suspicious activity is noticed. I figured that the biking fraternity would not sit back and watch any just stop oil shenanigans, like the tennis and snooker, and would be quite capable of protecting our own event.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 July 2023, 10:36:08 pm »
I was camping at Donny for WSB, and was amazed at the lack of security. Was never challenged for the camp site wrist band or track entry tickets. They did the same tannoy announcement at Brands as they did at Donny, regarding texting some number if any suspicious activity is noticed. I figured that the biking fraternity would not sit back and watch any just stop oil shenanigans, like the tennis and snooker, and would be quite capable of protecting our own event.
This is right. They do seem to pick their targets carefully. They got a taste of their own medicine when someone realeased helium balloons with rape alarms to float up to the ceiling of their nice vegan banqueting Hall meal celebrating their recent campaigns.

They don't like it up em !
« Last Edit: 30 July 2023, 12:14:20 am by fazersharp »

john roche

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Versys 1000, vfr750
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 August 2023, 12:00:20 am »
"I was camping at Donny for WSB, and was amazed at the lack of security. Was never challenged for the camp site wrist band or track entry tickets. "

Last time i camped at Donnington quite a few years ago a lot of people got their tents raided during the night and had wallets, bike keys and loads of other stuff stolen. It's pretty disgsting that Donningtton doesn't care enough to stop it happening again!

[Edited to fix the tiny font - GrahamM: Moderator]
« Last Edit: 04 August 2023, 12:41:32 pm by Grahamm »
The devil made me do it!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 August 2023, 10:13:49 am »
"I was camping at Donny for WSB, and was amazed at the lack of security. Was never challenged for the camp site wrist band or track entry tickets. "

Last time i camped at Donnington quite a few years ago a lot of people got their tents raided during the night and had wallets, bike keys and loads of other stuff stolen. It's pretty disgsting that Donningtton doesn't care enough to stop it happening again!
There is no way I would leave valuables in a nylon safe  :eek
« Last Edit: 04 August 2023, 10:15:22 am by fazersharp »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 August 2023, 06:59:52 pm »
Nor would I. Always have valuables in the sleeping bag with me, no matter where I'm camping.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.