Date: 04-05-24  Time: 02:55 am

Author Topic: Update to Starting problem!  (Read 935 times)

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
Update to Starting problem!
« on: 22 March 2013, 07:50:54 am »
Left "big red" @ dealers last week as was away in Cornwall til this Tues. Had phone call to say bike was ready to collect yesterday so got a lift over with friend. The difficult starting was easy to sort. They cleaned plugs & added some "Forte Gas Treatment" to some fresh fuel & rebalanced carbs which I hadnt done since 2011. Apparently they had quite a job removing the Datatool Duo Immobiliser but at least its not there now to cause probs in the future. It was getting pretty cold as I left with strong icy blasts of wind but the first thing I noticed was how smooth running she is again-so came home the "long way round" :lol and what did I wake up to this morning-SNOW-like everyone else north of the M4-but at least we left Cornwall before the flooding! Can anyone remember warm sunny riding days? :'(

allanmac

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Update to Starting problem!
« Reply #1 on: 22 March 2013, 09:09:07 am »
Glad you got it sorted. I had pretty much the same problem with a 1200 bandit a couple of years ago. Had been starting it now and again through the winter and fouled the plugs. Now i take the battery out and leave it till the spring stick it back in add some fresh petrol and off the fazer goes.

I remember riding on sunny days although i think it was maybe 1987  :b .

Cheers Allan