Date: 17-05-24  Time: 14:30 pm

Author Topic: Garage Upgrade/Repairs...  (Read 1758 times)

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tuono RSV, YZF 1000, CBF 125
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
Garage Upgrade/Repairs...
« on: 03 September 2013, 08:59:48 pm »
Hi Guys,

I am thinking of giving my garage a bit of a fix up before the winter sets in. It developed a crack in the floor a few years back when the temperatures hit -10c and some, which has caused c separation in one of the breeze-block walls. I was thinking of making a reinforced mesh that would basically make up a steel belt going round the garage. I have seen this being done on tenement buildings in Glasgow my whole life and am hoping this will keep it in place.

I have decided to paint the walls and the floor too. It is a normal sized garage (takes a average car and 2 bikes, with tools and other garage related stuff). I was wondering if any of you have painted your garage and hoe porous were the walls and floor?

I am also thinking about insulating the ceiling. The building is watertight, but it gets cold and damp in deepest winter. Its so cold in there that we use it as a fridge for drinks (true story  :lol ). I don't know if the insulation would make any difference?

To finish it off, I will fit some strip lighting I already have and voilĂ .

Any pointers from folks that have attempted or successfully completed such a task would be welcome.

Cheers
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
Re: Garage Upgrade/Repairs...
« Reply #1 on: 03 September 2013, 09:08:00 pm »
I remember seeing a thread about water ingress in some focers garage and pictures of running repairs. On my walls I used white masonry paint and used a concrete sealer on the floor followed by garage floor paint and now semi carpeted... After all it is my Fazers granny flat
« Last Edit: 03 September 2013, 09:33:19 pm by bigbluebear »

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: Garage Upgrade/Repairs...
« Reply #2 on: 03 September 2013, 09:29:43 pm »
If you search helibars crack repair or you could use the fixing straps e.g. toolstation item number 50096, insulation will only work if you heat the garage, although it will help reduce condensation heated or not, the best solution is bring the bike into the house? only if you're already divorced, lol.
« Last Edit: 03 September 2013, 09:33:28 pm by chaz »