Date: 22-05-24  Time: 16:30 pm

Author Topic: Stupid suggestions  (Read 821 times)

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
Stupid suggestions
« on: 05 April 2014, 11:47:55 pm »
Two Fella's at work Bill and Bert

Bill the self professed mechanic does a full service on Berts car for him (for a price of course)
Bert pays and a couple of days later the car is judderry so Bill takes it back has a tinker hands back
Car's fine, well for a couple of days and again it starts juddering.
So this goes on a couple of more times until Bill tells Bert his car needs a re-bore and new rings.

Bert later tells me of this  and I the 'amateur'  (would work on others cars for no charge just out of kindness, so obviously not to be trusted)  mechanic   suggest bringing in my compression tester and test it as the diagnoses seemed a bit harsh for a car that was running ok before the service.

I duly brought in the tester but when it came to it Bert declines to have me test it so not offended I suggest he go to a garage for advise on what they think the problem might be before handing the car to Bill  (garages round my way at the time were happy to give free advise)

Surprise surprise Bert ignores my suggestion and Bill does the rebore and ring change for a few hundred £ and returns the car to Bill.

Car running smooth, for a few days and then starts juddering so now Bert takes his car to the ford dealers who check it out and come back with it has the wrong spark plugs fitted.

What!!! no no It's had a rebore I was told it needed a rebore and rings says Bert.
Well say ford mechanic it may have needed it I can't say but it has the wrong plugs
so bert has new plugs fitted car run fine for ages.......

How I silently laughed ;)

[/size][size=78%] [/size]
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid suggestions
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2014, 04:35:21 am »
Insert smug face here > < haha

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.