Date: 29-03-24  Time: 09:05 am

Author Topic: BoosterPlug  (Read 1519 times)

SmuttyHutty

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
BoosterPlug
« on: 13 July 2022, 10:40:37 am »
To anyone thinking of going down the BoosterPlug route....read on.

I watched AndyManCam's YouTube video where he installed one on his FZ1 and thought I'd try and find one for the FZ6. Well, it turns out that they are £129 a go brand new.....but the internal gubbins on all models appears to be the same. Just the plugs at the ends are different for each motorcycle model.

So, my solution isn't quite plug'n'play but very close.

I picked up a BoosterPlug off Marketplace for £60 and then grabbed some no-strip wire connectors off Amazon for £8 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DK7HBKR

It is as simple as it sounds - cut the female plug off the BoosterPlug (with a good 8cm of wire attached) and attach a connector at each cut end. Cut the female plug off the AIT sensor and swap 'em over whilst keeping the wire colours in the right orientation.

Works a treat! Much smoother acceleration and less jerkiness when opening up the throttle from idle in 2nd gear.

Still got half a tank of fuel so I'll fill up at some point and log the mileage for that full tank on Fuelly and see if mpg changes. By all accounts it doesn't change at all, but I'll find out for myself.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: BoosterPlug
« Reply #1 on: 17 July 2022, 09:09:04 am »
Which Booster Plug did you get?

SmuttyHutty

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 July 2022, 09:17:53 am »
FZ1 - I had hoped that the plugs were the same but they weren't. I searched more info about these booster plugs and the electronics is pretty straightforward....apparently!

SmuttyHutty

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 July 2022, 11:16:32 am »
Just refuelled - 46.7mpg which is down from the usual 50mpg.....hmmm......only covered 122 miles and used 12 litres of fuel. At least the price of petrol has gone down to 199.9ppl in my area.

SmuttyHutty

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 August 2022, 11:16:13 pm »
Back to 53mpg. Think I was enjoying letting it rip a little too much when first fitted.