Date: 28-03-24  Time: 21:57 pm

Author Topic: What did you do with whatever else you've got?  (Read 505668 times)

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do with whatever else you've got?
« Reply #2350 on: 22 March 2021, 04:45:08 pm »
Taxed the Sprint tonight and I'm on holiday for the next week, hopefully get a few miles in running some errands.  :lol :lol

Are we talking about a Sprint 1050 by any chance? If so how are they? Its a bike that keeps popping up on my radar and I've got to admit I quite like the look of them. The triple exhaust is lovely 😍
Just worried the rest of the bike seems a little dated especially technology wise and that being a Triumph that won't be of the best build quality??
Also I can imagine it would feel somewhat slow and cumbersome compared to my FZ1?

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: 22 March 2021, 11:01:57 pm »
What a fabulous day to have to run an errand on the Speed Triple, down to the paint guy, who fortunately is down on the A272. It would have been rude not to have come home the long way, but only a week to go before we won’t need excuses to go for a rip on the bike, and also be able to have a meet up with some mates, which I’m sure most of us miss.

Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

robby boy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Sprint ST 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: 24 March 2021, 10:04:51 pm »
Yes its the Sprint ST1050, 2009, I like it, it can sometimes feel a bit top heavy, I've never had or ridden an FZ1, I bought the Sprint after my first big bike a 2005 FZ6. this is my second one and never had any reliability issues with either of them apart from the datatool alarm frying the battery 350 miles from home on my way to the TT 2 years ago, but thats a story for another day :lol .
If you worried about falling off your bike, you'd never get on.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: 25 March 2021, 04:59:37 pm »
Both nice bikes, but in no way comparable as they’re both very good at doing different things. To my knowledge the Sprints were only made at Hinckley up to 2010 when the model ceased, and wasn’t aware of any poor finish issues. Perhaps the quality control in Thailand has slipped a bit on more recent models, which would be a shame.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: 25 March 2021, 07:38:45 pm »
Sprint ST was replaced with the Sprint GT, which was basically the same bike but with more luggage, and carried on until 2017.
I'm pretty certain the 955/1050 series carried on being produced only at Hinckley, and has only just stopped with the end of the 1050 Tiger Sport. I did the factory tour a couple of years ago, and lots of 1050 engines on the production line. Apart from the Rocket 3, I think everything else is produced in Thailand. I've got a Hinckley Speed Triple and a Thai Tiger, and they are both just as good.... and bad  :rolleyes
« Last Edit: 25 March 2021, 07:42:40 pm by mtread »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: 01 April 2021, 09:21:39 pm »
First whizz out with my Sunday breakfast run pals. The Custom Cafe near Bexhill was open for takeout food and drink. Finished up with a cuppa at the tea stall by Scratchers Lane on the A20. Just on 200 miles, with no aches and pains, which was a result.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: 04 April 2021, 03:43:44 pm »
Had a relaxed 10am meet up this morning for a B road whizz down to the 1066 cafe on the A21. Nice sunny day, cafe quite busy but not banged out. A coffee and a chat in the sun, before taking the long way home, just in time for Moto 3 :thumbup

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: 09 April 2021, 11:33:25 am »
Although the temperature was a tad on the low side yesterday morning, it was nothing the Gerbing heated gloves couldn’t handle, as five of us set off for a tour of Kent’s obscure B roads. The leader of our group is renowned for finding the most nadgery of routes, and again he didn’t disappoint. Tenterden High Street was the first section I recognised as we threaded our way across to the Blue and White cafe on the A20, which used to be run by Leon Camier’s Mum. An hour was spent in the sun, chomping on doorstep sausage sandwiches and slurping tea, before heading towards Canterbury and the first whizz through Chilham Bends this year. These have been downgraded to 40mph with some serious cross hatching added, so early morning visits are recommended for the future. A maze of roads I’d never been on before got us near Yalding, and roads I was familiar with. A sprint up Seven Mile Lane got us to a tea stall set up in a pub car park near Brands Hatch. In fact only a stones throw from where Johnson’s cafe used to be, which was north Kent’s answer to the Ace. Another 160 miles racked up on the old Speed Triple, which has provided excellent service while the endless wait for the powder coating of the Fazer’s clutch cover continues.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: 11 April 2021, 03:59:34 pm »
It was a proper blue sky morning as I set off to meet up with the others, for a B road venture down to The Chalet at Cowfold. The temperature was down to 4, good job the Gerbings were doing the business. After gassing up we were off, doing our best to avoid hoardes of cyclists that seemed to have the same idea as us. Once in to Sussex the push bikes seemed less of a problem, and after passing through, what seemed like every village in the county, we pulled into The Chalet’s car park. This would be one of the rare occasions when a fast service was possible at this venue. There were maybe 30 bikes there, so luckily for us, not too many people had found out that this cafe would be open today.
After teas and a sandwich, it was saddle up time and home via the South Downs, backtracking on a few B roads that were devoid of cyclists fortunately. If the weather holds fine, then Wednesday should be the next jaunt day for the Triumph.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: 14 April 2021, 03:59:05 pm »
Just back from a Wednesday thrash around mainly Sussex. More of a dummy run for the May Day Run, to plot easy access in and out of Rye whilst avoiding the masses on the A21. The old Triumph is certainly doing well as it's seen a lot of action this year. Got a side stand switch issue to attend to, but other than that she's fine.
Was able to cap off todays run with a relaxing pint when we got near home......perfect.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: 18 April 2021, 05:12:09 pm »
Nice 160 mile whizz around Kent with Mr.Krazy this morning. Lovely day to be out on the bike topped off with breakfast at The Airport caff, whilst sat in the sun. :)

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: 22 April 2021, 08:54:29 pm »
Another excellent Kentish whizz out today, with 191 miles rolling by under the Road Tec 01's. Brunch in the sun at The Airport cafe, topped off with a pint of Harveys, again in the sun, as we neared home. The day only spoilt by a van fire this evening, causing a massive jam, preventing my access to the M25. Fortunately the Garmin managed to wriggle me out of that predicament......eventually.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: 23 April 2021, 06:46:48 pm »
Sad day today. Funeral of one of my riding buddies. Lost him to big C. A good turn out of bikes, mainly proper 60's cafe racers. Afterwards had a rip up to Rykas to chat over happier times spent with our pal. "Slow Down" by Larry Williams, was the chosen track as we exited the chapel. A fitting tribute as he nearly always left us for dust. RIP Tony.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: 23 April 2021, 07:52:22 pm »
Sad day today. Funeral of one of my riding buddies. Lost him to big C. A good turn out of bikes, mainly proper 60's cafe racers. Afterwards had a rip up to Rykas to chat over happier times spent with our pal. "Slow Down" by Larry Williams, was the chosen track as we exited the chapel. A fitting tribute as he nearly always left us for dust. RIP Tony.

Sorry to hear that.

I had a nice run up around the Derbyshire Dales this pm, likely to be my last time on the fazer for a few weeks, so when I got back home, just gave it a quick wipe down, fasteners check etc, then parked it up with both tyres of the deck.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: 23 April 2021, 08:09:20 pm »
Sad, Robbo. Good that you could get out and have a ride in his memory.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: 23 April 2021, 08:12:02 pm »

I had a nice run up around the Derbyshire Dales this pm, likely to be my last time on the fazer for a few weeks, so when I got back home, just gave it a quick wipe down, fasteners check etc, then parked it up with both tyres of the deck.
the FZS fazer 600 at least. When on the center stand there is hardly any weight on the front wheel.
« Last Edit: 23 April 2021, 08:13:25 pm by fazersharp »

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: 24 May 2021, 09:28:23 am »
MOT'd the wife's VT750 Shadow on Saturday - passed again.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: 24 May 2021, 01:09:39 pm »

the FZS fazer 600 at least. When on the center stand there is hardly any weight on the front wheel.

Yep, on the centre sand, jack under the headers. Looking to get out for a spin later this week, if it stops pissing down, as the surgery is healing up ok. Need to get som etime on the bike, I've a evening track session coming up on the 9th June

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: 24 May 2021, 08:52:42 pm »

Yep, on the centre sand, jack under the headers. Looking to get out for a spin later this week, if it stops pissing down, as the surgery is healing up ok. Need to get som etime on the bike, I've a evening track session coming up on the 9th June
Not what I was trying to say. Might be my fault. The fzs 600 when on the center stand there is hardly any weight on the front wheel.
« Last Edit: 24 May 2021, 08:54:42 pm by fazersharp »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: 03 June 2021, 05:58:15 am »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 11:36:42 am by YamFazFan »

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #2370 on: 03 June 2021, 10:33:24 am »

Check your MOT before filing it away.
Took number one car in yesterday. It's done just over 20,000 miles, but they'd accidently entered it as 200,000 :eek .

Ah, what's 180,000 miles between friends? :D

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: 03 June 2021, 10:41:13 am »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 11:36:24 am by YamFazFan »

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #2372 on: 03 June 2021, 08:48:59 pm »

Ah, what's 180,000 miles between friends? :D

Uncorrected, about 8 grand off the resale value of my motor :'(

I would have thought it would be a great selling point: 200,000 miles and still going strong... ;)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: 03 June 2021, 09:21:54 pm »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 11:35:55 am by YamFazFan »

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: 03 June 2021, 09:32:25 pm »
It was only on about 16,000 last time. You don't think they might wonder why it suddenly shot up 184,000 miles during lockdown? :lol

Just tell them your a member of Parliament and you've been traveling essential distances to test your eyesight 😜

Either that or find a closer MOT station 🤣