Date: 01-05-24  Time: 09:12 am

Author Topic: new fairing pic  (Read 3630 times)

Leonidas

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
new fairing pic
« on: 12 March 2012, 08:05:52 pm »
hope this works, been busy on the bike lately, new fairing sprayed and looks ok
What matters is not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog

Andy Clap

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
    • Fazer 600
Re: new fairing pic
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2012, 08:10:31 pm »
Very nice   :thumbup

What make is the fairing, and what do you think of the fit/quality?

paul1606

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2012, 08:21:26 pm »
looks tidy what make is it ?? looks a decent fit awaiting mine to be sprayed  :)

Leonidas

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2012, 08:41:04 pm »
hi both, thanks for the comments, I bought it off ebay from a seller called gopoppi, nice bloke and quick service. The top rear fixture went into the existing fairing fixture and the front top fixing married up with the top radiator side panel, the middle and rear bottom holes mrried up to nothing and I had to make brackets to reach fixing bolts for the old engine bars that I had, took a bit of work getting it done but happy now (at last) I had the paint for £22 and a local body shop sprayed it for £50. The pics you put above look good, very aggresive and slick
What matters is not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog

ddtwelve

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - triumph tiger 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 March 2012, 08:49:23 pm »
wont one for my bike  :'(  but cant find one for fz6s  :o

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2012, 08:50:18 pm »
Smart!

59 going on 57

b3tarev3

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Betarev3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 March 2012, 09:11:14 pm »
That looks the dogs danglies!  :thumbup

Leonidas

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 March 2012, 11:09:44 pm »
thanks everyone, maybe a mesh to cover the front gap and protect the down pipes next? does anyone know of asimple way to make the seat solo? I do not want to replace the rear as a whole, just a simple clip on?

b3tarev3

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Betarev3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 March 2012, 05:05:53 pm »
thanks everyone, maybe a mesh to cover the front gap and protect the down pipes next? does anyone know of asimple way to make the seat solo? I do not want to replace the rear as a whole, just a simple clip on?

Here ya go http://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=45_52_592 i got a hugger from them and must say that the quality is impressive.

Leonidas

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 March 2012, 06:35:40 pm »

Here ya go http://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=45_52_592 i got a hugger from them and must say that the quality is impressive.

Fab! I really apreciate that, do you have any pics to  post?

thecert

• About as funny as a
    wasp in your helmet.
  • GP Hero
  • Now on a new ride but still love the thou'
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Triumph T120
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 March 2012, 06:47:30 pm »
wont one for my bike  :'(  but cant find one for fz6s  :o

http://www.tcpsa.net/shop/product_info.php?cPath=24_50&products_id=101
There you go matey, hope your rich though.    :lol

When the going get's tough the tough get going.

Prudhoe Focers

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 March 2012, 07:40:42 pm »
Hi looks great with the fairing just what i wanted, bought them.. my better half for some reason better known to herself checked with the insurance company, telling them what i was going to do.......  they wouldn't cover me.. wouldnt cover any modifications, they said it would make the bike more appealing to thieves..   :'( So if anyone could recommend an insurance company who wouldnt be so narrow minded - that would be great,  Thanks

Fowlersrs

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 March 2012, 08:26:05 pm »
looks good, youve done a lovely spray job, im just wondering if the gold needs breaking up a bit as its a big chunk of gold isnt it, cant make up my mind..  :D

Leonidas

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 March 2012, 08:47:28 pm »
Hi looks great with the fairing just what i wanted, bought them.. my better half for some reason better known to herself checked with the insurance company, telling them what i was going to do.......  they wouldn't cover me.. wouldnt cover any modifications, they said it would make the bike more appealing to thieves..   :'( So if anyone could recommend an insurance company who wouldnt be so narrow minded - that would be great,  Thanks

I'm with hastings, I told them about the fairing and they didnt care, no extra charge either. Allways declare your mods cos if the police stop you and see mods they can call your insurer to see if you declared them, if you didnt could invalidate your insurance and they can seize your bike, bummer!

Leonidas

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 March 2012, 08:52:51 pm »
looks good, youve done a lovely spray job, im just wondering if the gold needs breaking up a bit as its a big chunk of gold isnt it, cant make up my mind..  :D

Ha same here, thinking about a big FZS decal on the side, but not sure if too much black and gold will make it look like a bee! any thoughts guys?

Prudhoe Focers

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 13 March 2012, 09:03:40 pm »
I would break it up with black, could you pull in the silver so the colours are matching with your tank. just FZS not too big would set it off !!  thanks for that info re Hastings,, will give them a try in June.

bikerboys

• Weekend Warrior
  • full licenses don't come in cornflake packets!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 March 2012, 10:03:43 pm »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400085847705

they look well nice nice job you have done just wished that I had that sort of cash to do it
full licenses don't come in cornflake packets!

Leonidas

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 March 2012, 11:13:59 pm »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400085847705

they look well nice nice job you have done just wished that I had that sort of cash to do it

Oh its not cheap and still considering a mono seat conversion! maybe once zeroed the credit card