Date: 18-05-24  Time: 04:24 am

Author Topic: Brum Bike Shed Meet  (Read 29425 times)

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
Re: Brum Bike Shed Meet
« Reply #75 on: 23 March 2013, 10:45:59 pm »
eer why may i enquire

www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

R1FSR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 23 March 2013, 11:47:02 pm »
as my original post said luke .

For me personally its time to find somewhere new .
The bike shed itself .. its a car park on a motorway .. end of story.
I Went in the museum once wich defeated the object of meeting up with everyone but very much
worth a visit ...so if im gonna visit it again it will be later in the year when (hopefully)the weather is better.

I just don't want to travel 100 miles (yeah I know its not far) in the cold or even pissing down on the
motorway to stand about in car park for 3 hrs ...not my idea of fun

although its always good to see old faces/friends like yourself m8 .....quite poss be doing my photo thing abroad again...and I know how much you look forward to that  ;) :rollin

purplebear7

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Honda CB1300S & Sports Sidecar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 24 March 2013, 10:22:20 pm »
 :)   Hi There Paul,

You and Me .. We go back a long way mate .. so please read this as it's intended .. no hitting .. I really am curious.

I take it all on board as to why (you say) you have not been at these annual Group Brum Bike Shed in recent years ..
It is a good 100 miles from Wigan .. unless of course you want to skip the M6 and make it a fun ride both ways  8) .
The weather may well be cold, wet or both .. some things we have no control over .. so normally a Plan-B day is fixed.
The meet is held on a Car Park (but the National Motorcycle Museum is very handy near to the M42 .. not on it)
Three hours of Bike Related stuff with like minded guys ain't so bad .. once in a year .. some might say it's quite nice.
You maybe more than most might get some good photography done .. you have the pro kit for the job .. in fact three hours might not be long enough.

As already stated .. this venue is very central in the UK .. fair for everyone .. we have no say in any Post Codes.
It's about as easy as anywhere in the UK ever could be to find .. follow NEC signs and the entrance is well marked.
All the required facilities are on site, it's free, safe parking, toilets and a cafe that opens on a Sunday.   

So .. my Serious Questions are:
You say you think:  Meeting somewhere New, at a Better Weather time would be more favourable.  You might well be right. 

Where and When would You like to meet up?  Where can we find all the facilities in one place on a Sunday? Also can you give me a clue as to what you would want to do once everyone got there?  What is your idea of Fun?  Would you attend yourself on your bike?  I'll not ask you about the weather on the day .. some questions just don't have answers.

End of the day mate .. we all know you ain't gonna be there, no need for any bets Luke .. but I for one would be genuinely interested to have your take on something or is it somewhere better.

Just for the Newbies and the record:  I set up and attended every meeting for the first six years .. before moving to live in Spain.  I have also ridden up from the Costa Blanca to Brum and back to attend this meeting three times in the past seven years. It's a challenge, long distance, often snow on the central mountains in April, always rain in the Northern area of Spain and I get sea sick on the ferry  :\  yes Sea Sick .. Me  :eek

All in .. I think it's about as much fun as I can have on a bike .. not being anywhere near fit (or young enough at 73) to get involved in Track Days or Off Road stuff anymore.  It's just Me, The Bike and The Long Haul Highway  :b 

If you give me your take on you ideas for alternative (or better still additional) group meet up dates and locations mate .. and I'll check my Social Events book .. yes really  8)

Talk to me and as always Stay Safe Buddy  ;)    Trev

Photo:   The M42 Junction 6.  Brum Bike Shed Complex is the Lower Right Hand Corner.

« Last Edit: 24 March 2013, 10:31:16 pm by purplebear7 »

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 24 March 2013, 10:39:16 pm »
i go cause i like to see wots new as said only once a year - my biggest frustration is not know who the foc im talking to half the time ole name badges plug i know boring

so other than a monsoon and illness ill be there
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

brummymax

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Tuono
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 24 March 2013, 11:26:17 pm »
Ayup LG, been a while ain't it? In fact my login on focu had evaporated, so ive just had to re-register. If you're going along, it would be lovely to meet up and have a chat. Im still on a Tuono too.
Max

R1FSR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 25 March 2013, 03:10:23 pm »
:)   Hi There Paul,

You and Me .. We go back a long way mate .. so please read this as it's intended .. no hitting .. I really am curious.

I take it all on board as to why (you say) you have not been at these annual Group Brum Bike Shed in recent years ..
It is a good 100 miles from Wigan .. unless of course you want to skip the M6 and make it a fun ride both ways  8) .
The weather may well be cold, wet or both .. some things we have no control over .. so normally a Plan-B day is fixed.
Hey Trev hows things buddy ?  first ive heard of a plan B !!

The meet is held on a Car Park (but the National Motorcycle Museum is very handy near to the M42 .. not on it)
... about 40 yrds ?!!  :lol 

Three hours of Bike Related stuff with like minded guys ain't so bad .. once in a year .. some might say it's quite nice.
You maybe more than most might get some good photography done .. you have the pro kit for the job .. in fact three hours might not be long enough.

the Museum itself is great place to visit ..well recommended. ...but personally for me after a few visits its enough and there is no need to go again,got some great photos tho .

As already stated .. this venue is very central in the UK .. fair for everyone .. we have no say in any Post Codes.
It's about as easy as anywhere in the UK ever could be to find .. follow NEC signs and the entrance is well marked.
All the required facilities are on site, it's free, safe parking, toilets and a cafe that opens on a Sunday.

Cant argue on any of that  :) 

So .. my Serious Questions are:
You say you think:  Meeting somewhere New, at a Better Weather time would be more favourable.  You might well be right. 

Where and When would You like to meet up?  Where can we find all the facilities in one place on a Sunday? Also can you give me a clue as to what you would want to do once everyone got there?  What is your idea of Fun?  Would you attend yourself on your bike?  I'll not ask you about the weather on the day .. some questions just don't have answers.
As you say weather wise its impossible to judge...as for where and when ? ive no idea but you only have to look at the other meeting places (that are on this site for instance) there are plenty to choose from...I can goto rivington barn every sunday and it has a café/bar ,many bikes to look at, wich is 9 miles away and do exactly the same as going to brum.(not suggesting rivi barn by the way)

End of the day mate .. we all know you ain't gonna be there, no need for any bets Luke .. but I for one would be genuinely interested to have your take on something or is it somewhere better.
not saying it will be better ...just somewhere different for a change .

If you give me your take on you ideas for alternative (or better still additional) group meet up dates and locations mate .. and I'll check my Social Events book .. yes really  8)
nobody seems to care or be interested anyway Trev , no wonder the site is falling apart , for a start im discussing a meet for what was originally 'our' site on this one not that it matters much the more the merrier .

Photo:   The M42 Junction 6.  Brum Bike Shed Complex is the Lower Right Hand Corner.
uh oh...is that left or right out the cul de sac ?

purplebear7

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Honda CB1300S & Sports Sidecar
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 26 March 2013, 08:09:21 am »
 :)   Really Good Reply is that our Paul ... I am pleased you rose to the task so well!  8)

All good stuff .. lots for the guys (and girls!) on both sides to consider and understand .. also a few bods on this side who are only now discovering 'our' Fazer 1000 Owners group .. after more than 12 years .. maybe we need to have a 'sticky' on both sides?  (Nod towards Admin)

As for the gradual 'falling apart' of 'our' group .. I think the fact that it has always been 100% Bike related makes the difference.   This FOC-U side is much more like a Social Network site .. they play games, have competitions and chat about all sorts of everything .. not just Bikes .. this probably helps to keep the place alive.

All in .. I recon I've done my bit anyway .. truth is I have not been at all 'comfortable' about my (boring old fart) type involvement since Annie and I moved to live in Spain and although I had three of them .. I have not actually owned a Gen 1 for almost five years.  The Spanish Dancer outfit really suits my style  :rolleyes   So I don't think many (if any) people will be reading my words in the same mode as I write them in these days.

That's about me all done on this years Brum Bike Shed Meet I think. I can't get there anyway this time .. I'm on the very short notice list for another new hip joint job at the local Hospital .. and I really can't risk missing their call!

I hope everyone who gets to the Bike Shed has a nice ride both ways, a bit of dry grass to sit on and a few happy snaps for the book.  I'll not mention the Photo Shoot Line-Up .. none of you seem to understand the words: 'Front Wheel On the White Line' ??  :\    Somewhere near the line will not do!

Stay Safe Guys  ;)  Trev

DekF

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Fast as fck s1r
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 30 March 2013, 02:53:47 pm »
Weather permitting, due to a 360 mile round trip & subject to JP & others attending I will probably go this year.
I've been twice, the first time I think being 2003 when it was organised by the now defunct Yahoo group. (It was certainly the year of that great photo of which Trev is so proud.) & the second visit was 2011.
Despite my previous cheeky comments it is a nice opportunity to catchup with old friends & admire some of the bikes.

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 02 April 2013, 01:39:56 am »
:)   Really Good Reply is that our Paul ... I am pleased you rose to the task so well!  8)

All good stuff .. lots for the guys (and girls!) on both sides to consider and understand .. also a few bods on this side who are only now discovering 'our' Fazer 1000 Owners group .. after more than 12 years .. maybe we need to have a 'sticky' on both sides?  (Nod towards Admin)

As for the gradual 'falling apart' of 'our' group .. I think the fact that it has always been 100% Bike related makes the difference.   This FOC-U side is much more like a Social Network site .. they play games, have competitions and chat about all sorts of everything .. not just Bikes .. this probably helps to keep the place alive.

All in .. I recon I've done my bit anyway .. truth is I have not been at all 'comfortable' about my (boring old fart) type involvement since Annie and I moved to live in Spain and although I had three of them .. I have not actually owned a Gen 1 for almost five years.  The Spanish Dancer outfit really suits my style  :rolleyes   So I don't think many (if any) people will be reading my words in the same mode as I write them in these days.

That's about me all done on this years Brum Bike Shed Meet I think. I can't get there anyway this time .. I'm on the very short notice list for another new hip joint job at the local Hospital .. and I really can't risk missing their call!

I hope everyone who gets to the Bike Shed has a nice ride both ways, a bit of dry grass to sit on and a few happy snaps for the book.  I'll not mention the Photo Shoot Line-Up .. none of you seem to understand the words: 'Front Wheel On the White Line' ??  :\    Somewhere near the line will not do!

Stay Safe Guys  ;)  Trev

First - good luck with the op, hope that goes well!

I am a complete newbie to the site, and to biking. I've only been on 2 wheels for just over a year, and on a Fazer for 6 months. However, the social aspect of the Fazer forum has been absolutely brilliant, and the community spirit here is why I am enjoying my time as much as a Foccer as much as I do now. I was on the Varadero 125 forum, and found that a bit quiet. This site is good fun, it's got it all: the technical advice, the banter and the tits! (see the naughty corner for details...  ;) )

There will be about 5 Foccers, maybe more, having a mini convoy up from Ace Caf in London. Getting out on the bike is always fun, whatever the weather, just some days are more fun than others!! About fortnight ago, I did 100 miles in the heavy, driving snow: Andover to Picadilly to Hatfield. Yes, I was bloody cold, yes all my gear leaked, yes I was all but blind on the way home (fogged up specs). The only part of my bike that wasn't white when I dismounted at the end was the seat where my backside had melted it all! But it didn't stop me. I'm not trying to boast, just saying sod the weather, let's enjoy the meet!

There are quite a few people I have met on the forum who I look forward to meeting face to face. I already know some of the London Foccers, but due to distance, I don't know the Northen bunch that well. The Brum meet is a good opportunity to rectify that.

Bike meets are not for everyone. The post I put up about a huge French event has been largely ignored: fair enough. However, there appears to be a good tradition behind the Brum bike shed meet, and so I reckon it's a brilliant event for people who like that sort of thing. After all, it's always more fun chatting to people you've met rather than just their anonymous avatar!

For those who decide to brave the weather, I shall see you there, and look forward to meeting you!  :)
The Deef's apprentice

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 02 April 2013, 07:00:08 am »
well written CHRISTO.........iam looking forward to the meet,have to arrange a time to meet at the ace nearer the day  ;) 
One, is never going to be enough.....

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 02 April 2013, 07:27:38 am »
I'll second that paul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 02 April 2013, 08:23:34 am »
Hi Dek, yes I aim to be there for sure.

Speaking as someone who has been on fazer 1000s right from day 1 and been on most of the forums over the years, the big reason I do stay in touch with people is the good times we have had over the years, Its been 12 yrs since I bought my first brand new gen1, and its been a roller coaster of a ride through those years. Enuff I may add to write a book , which no doubt I will do one of these days.Its fairly unique for a bike to attract and keep a quite disparate bunch of guys together ...but many marques of bike do have cult following. We all have our own reasons for doing it , and the annual meet is now part of the culture. TBH I respect any suggestions for a new venue...BUT in the abscence of a new venue, and the fact that many do still turn up, I think its time to put up and shut up , till there is somewhere new ( if ever). May I also remind you all that it was Styx who set up these reunions and it is in deference to his sudden death that this meet in particular was dedicated. Hence my thoughts are...RIP styx.

For anyone new to the fazer site, please do come along , as its only with new members support that the whole fazer owners stuff will continue !

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 02 April 2013, 09:14:43 am »
I'll second that paul.

hi pete....you doing two meets in the same day,i see tori`s meet is on the 28th as well ?

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Brum Bike Shed Meet
« Reply #88 on: 02 April 2013, 10:56:30 am »
I did pm tori and told her that i was gonna do the brum and that i was sorry to cancel. It would be nice to be omnipresent but i am just a mortal so i also mentioned that i i'd round up a few foccers and get up there soon and meet her and any foccers from that area who wanna chinese an a yak.  possibly at the chinese again. Luv chinese me. I asked christo and he's up fer it. Gonna get deadeye aswell cos he lives between me an tori. Wanna come? Just thought.... Think u posted in the foto london thread. I'll nip down and say hi (u can borro me y fronts when tori takes ur pic. And dont worry... when i ride i dont skid ;-)

« Last Edit: 02 April 2013, 11:02:37 am by Exupnut »
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

R1FSR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 06 April 2013, 04:05:35 pm by R1FSR »

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #90 on: 02 April 2013, 07:56:39 pm »
Nice words Pit

RIP styx.

Can I ask that we do Trev proud re the line-up. It always make a good picture.

So to remind you.

Front wheel on the line, parked on side stand, bars to left.
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 02 April 2013, 08:34:57 pm »

So to remind you.

Your job to organise us on the day then.  :lol :lol
The Deef's apprentice

R1FSR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 02 April 2013, 10:39:48 pm »

So to remind you.

Your job to organise us on the day then.  :lol :lol

ALSO . . just bikes...NO people/bags or helmets in shot and just Fazers ..we can do a complete group shot of all bikes later/after that .

pilgrim

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 03 April 2013, 12:42:45 am »
Cripes!
Some serious banter going on here vis-a vis the Bike shed meet.
Paul. I've been to your house, dropped off some rear caliper bolts, its left out of the end of your Cul-de sac. :pokefun
Made a rapid depature though as it was just round the corner from where a (very) ex-girlfriend lived :eek
So, I'm thinking maybe I should turn up again this year, represent the North West blue Gen 1 Thou owners, show my face and what not, wot!
Was a few years ago when I went (2008? Maybe? ) but at the end of the day, its a bit special really, is'nt it? Certainly a bit more special than going to The Barn, where I havent been for 7 years!
So count me in, I'm up for this. Sunday 28th April. Be there, or be somewhere else, everybodies choice.
Fizzypies: I'm in Bolton, so if you want to meet up and trundle down together, the Shell garage at Haydock Island ( where the M6 crosses the East Lancs Road) would be a good place. You bring the pies though :lol 
I'll pm you.:thumbup

Its better to ask a stupid question than make a stupid mistake.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 03 April 2013, 06:45:35 am »
got to replicate that piccie..........to make it that little bit special can i suggest we put a SILVER THOU at the front  :lol

fazerphil

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Fz1s gen 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 04 April 2013, 04:25:46 pm »
well  anyone  know the date in april for the bike shed meet

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Brum Bike Shed Meet
« Reply #96 on: 04 April 2013, 04:33:50 pm »
« Last Edit: 09 April 2013, 06:01:48 am by Exupnut »

R1FSR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 07 April 2013, 06:02:26 pm »

R1FSR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile