Author Topic: pilons  (Read 3257 times)

craigybee404

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
pilons
« on: 12 January 2012, 11:38:51 pm »
I have aranged a ride out with my mates to whitby on 28th 7 bikes going so far with 11 people with 4 pilons but the been do picky about whos bike they going on they should be happy they been invited for a free ride what use lot think

Sunny Intervals

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R
    • View Profile
Re: pilons
« Reply #1 on: 12 January 2012, 11:56:24 pm »
I hate being pillion and never do it unless it's an absolute emergency.

I've never had anybody refuse to be my pillion something I take great pride in, and they have never got off the bike after a ride with me and given me an earful, or a slap.

pillions are stuck with the dickhead trying to show off/ of the careful considerate rider in front of them.

I say fair play to them for being picky, especially if the people offering the rides have reputations for certain type of riding or very little experience of riding, or riding with a pillion.

Also no good putting an 18 stone man beast on a bike with a 9 stone string of piss as the rider ( unless he's very very strong).

Pillion riding isn't like jumping in the passenger seat of a car you know  :\

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2012, 11:59:33 pm »
I don't know the people who are going to be on the pillions or the riders involved, but I do know that if I wasn't happy with someone's riding style or ability I'd be unwilling to go on the back of their bike.

SEPTIKANGEL

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - GL1800 &amp Commando850
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 January 2012, 12:26:43 am »
Check out this Pillion! 

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, FIX IT 'TILL IT IS.

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #4 on: 13 January 2012, 06:32:47 am »
Check out this Pillion! 

Yes, he sat on a Suzuki, so he's reading prayers from his mobile.  :)
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #5 on: 13 January 2012, 11:04:15 am »
Check out this Pillion! 

was there a link to this?

I must admit I haven't had much experience of giving pillion rides so I would be relucatant to give one to a stranger
must say one lass I gave a lift to on my RXS when I was younger was on the large side and I had to lean over the handle bars when pulling away to balance the bike and also when braking!!

how far from whitby are you?
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 January 2012, 11:13:17 am »
I love carrying a pillion.
Im a bit of a nutter at times when solo especialy when i was younger, but ALLWAYS since i was 17 (came off showing off with a pillion on a round about. his idea to scrape pegs not mine :P ) i have driven with the view of giving them a ride that premotes bikes and would make them WANT to get back on one again.
There is nothing like taking a scared first timer and guiding them through thier first ride. when they get off with a big smile and relaxed attitude so they cant wait to go again. thats the reward right there!

so many times i have seen ppl that have been so frightened by thier first experiance on a bike that they wont even try it again.
I have allways made the WORST pillion though lol, i hate it with a passion.

craigybee404

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 January 2012, 12:06:21 pm »
The problam is 3 pillons will only go on 1 ov two bikes its not fair  to take 2 and not somea 1 else the 4 riders willing to take a pillion have neva had a crash and i have strict rules wen riding as a group i just seam to get a pillion that dont lean with u a gets in way wen doin life savers

donkey93

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 January 2012, 12:26:20 pm »
i have taken a pillion a few times and i have only had one that didnt lean with the bike he is a bad passenger in a car but he was ok in the end took him about 10 miles and me telling him what to do about 3 times
i have jumped the fazer with a pillion going over a small bridge he didnt seem to mind other than a bit of a scream lol

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tuono RSV, YZF 1000, CBF 125
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #9 on: 13 January 2012, 04:31:23 pm »
I agree with ghostbiker, you want your pillion to come off at the break and look forward to the homeward journy.

I am happy to go pillion with riders whom I know are up to the job. The pilot is, after all, in charge of your life for that time. Big responsability.

I once go on my friends neighbours R1 with him at 4pm on a Friday afternoon in Glasgow's east end. I remember say on that tiny seat looking over his shoulder to see the digital tacho showing 172mph, in a 40 zone. Traffic everywhere, and when it came to a hault he fired down the white line on a 3 lane road. NOT a good experience. He has since given up on bikes, which is probably best.

On the other hand, I have been pillion with a friend doing similar speeds, but in a more appropriate environment and built up over a couple of hours.

Just be safe
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...

eddie

• FOC-U Lost Boy.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 January 2012, 05:10:11 pm »
see this ...talk your pillion thro this bfore they get on

http://www.best-motorcycle-information.com/pillion-ride.html

donkey93

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 January 2012, 07:43:21 pm »
thats basically what i tell a pillion other than when stationary make sure they tell me they want to move so i can put both feet down

Major Rant

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 January 2012, 11:58:29 pm »
In 35 years riding I have fallen off twice .... Both times with someone on the back.
I ride with a hostage maybe 1 percent of the time.

The lesson ... other people are better at controlling a bike with an extra 80Kg over the back wheel than I am.

Ton13

• Weekend Warrior
  • Tonie
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Honda VFR 750
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15 January 2012, 01:06:20 pm »
I carried a pillion 24hours after i passed my test, She had never been on a bike before ever.
All i asked is that she trusted me undoubtably, and she did. she went with me and never panicked once..... even after 2 days when someone over took as i was turning right and we had to slam the bike into the road, she knew i did what i had to do.

could ask for a better pillion to be honest, i have a waiting list of friends, mostly younger girls who my partner teaches that want to go on the bike, hopefully i can intrduce them to the world of biking with the same love and excitement and respect i was shown!
Ride It Like You've Stole It