Date: 28-03-24  Time: 13:23 pm

Author Topic: gilles rear sets  (Read 1756 times)

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
gilles rear sets
« on: 29 April 2014, 01:05:40 pm »

Put some giles rear sets on last week, went through all the gears on centre stand, did not ride it until bimble on 27th, got to end of my street and found I could not get it past second gear, turns out the centre stand was catching the the back of the gear side, took the stand of and it was fine. any one with the same rear set experienced this? I was thinking a bigger rubber bung might work,

tex
the night i was born, lord the moon stood a fire red., my poor mother her crying,
she said the gypsy was right, and she fell right dead

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
Re: gilles rear sets
« Reply #1 on: 29 April 2014, 07:25:54 pm »
Not had that problem as I have no centre stand fitted. However I did fit a small extension to the side stand kick down part as this was difficult to get to as it was very close to the gear lever.
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 April 2014, 07:39:52 pm »
I had that problem so moved them forward slightly how's the rear brake feel mine feels notchy and wierd. I'm not sure they are for me I may sell mine on here in the next few weeks 

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 April 2014, 07:49:19 pm »
Not had that problem as I have no centre stand fitted. However I did fit a small extension to the side stand kick down part as this was difficult to get to as it was very close to the gear lever.

Yes I have the same trouble with mine kos,  how did you put the extension on, apart from that they are great.
the night i was born, lord the moon stood a fire red., my poor mother her crying,

karlo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • By Fazer I Fly!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Swadlincote, S.Derbys
    • View Profile
    • UK Bikers
« Reply #4 on: 29 April 2014, 07:53:06 pm »

Yes I have the same trouble with mine kos,  how did you put the extension on, apart from that they are great.

Bit of decent rubber tube does the job.

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 April 2014, 07:58:28 pm »
I had that problem so moved them forward slightly how's the rear brake feel mine feels notchy and wierd. I'm not sure they are for me I may sell mine on here in the next few weeks

the brake feels fine, in fact better than before, did play about with the adjustments, also greased them up. Give it a bit of time, have a play with settings, check they are fitted correctly, ie bolts etc.   ;).

tex

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 April 2014, 08:16:16 pm »

Bit of decent rubber tube does the job.

I like it, now where's that garden hose  8)

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: 30 April 2014, 01:03:48 am »
Used a bit of plastic pipe.
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 May 2014, 10:52:33 am »

Brooker, have you got to like the rearsets yet?

or not?
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 May 2014, 10:55:39 am »
Dazza having them this week