Date: 02-05-24  Time: 12:38 pm

Author Topic: touring  (Read 4780 times)

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: touring
« Reply #25 on: 22 March 2014, 08:57:32 am »
We have a space, anyone welcome to join us , a trip to Brno,Moto GP 17th August, either side of that date for 7 or 8 days.

One of the lads has lod=st his job,moved back to Belfast, in the shit a bit.

We find that travelling in 4s is cheaper,a few bigger apartments to cater for us.
« Last Edit: 22 March 2014, 08:58:24 am by slimwilly »
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

wutangbuzz

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 22 March 2014, 03:27:25 pm »
Thatsa great idea kawasutra imI'm hoping fir a trip abroad in the future and not considered leaving anywhere but Dover. I'll be looking round for other options now.

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 22 March 2014, 03:43:23 pm »
There is also the ferry from Portsmouth to Santander and Bilbao , some great scenery and roads  in Northern Spain , you could ride from Bilbao down to Lisbon that would be amazing .
Thatsa great idea kawasutra imI'm hoping fir a trip abroad in the future and not considered leaving anywhere but Dover. I'll be looking round for other options now.

Grandma

• Club Racer
  • What it says on the tin
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23 March 2014, 07:27:26 am »
Do it all the time, great fun always meet nice peeps for a chat, sometimes I go with a friend but often groups can be a problem, though have found max of 4 is fine.
Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
If I had a brain I would be dangerous

Deswilson

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 27 March 2014, 02:13:11 pm »
Do Vietnam. Seriously, I've done a few miles in that wonderfull country and it's both facinating and loadsa fun -and very easy going. North of Hanoi in the mountain areas around the Laos and Chinese borders is the pick of the tours. You can do it on your own no problem or use a guide with these people.

http://www.flamingotravel.com.vn/vietnam-motorcycle-tours/d118/

Cost for a ten day trip inclusive of everything (flight, hotels, food, motorcycle hire) comes to just under £1000.

Trip of a lifetime, but you'll go back the next year for sure and your mates will want to come too.

Not trying to thread hijack,  but how much extra did you spend when you were out there?  My and my mate are seriously thinking about Vietnam and this looks ideal.

MEM62

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 27 March 2014, 03:14:26 pm »
Just do it!  When my mates make similar excuses (and I am sure that some are genuine) I go on my own.

Life ain't gonna wait for you to go live it so if you want to do something then go do it.  Don't wait for others or it will never happen.   

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 29 March 2014, 07:35:21 am »
a bigger issue is to prep for the trip. You don't want to break down abroad !
Look at luggage etc. Always take good waterproofs cos it does rain over there, and it can be heavy.

Take some sort of internet device so if u R stuck you can find hotel vacancy online. And take a sat nav cos searching for fuel in rural france aint easy !

Also do remember if you are on your own, you need comms in case of a problem.

Read up on other peoples experiences abroad so u don't make newbie mistakes.

AND TAKE FULL BIKE BREAKDOWN AND PERSONAL MEDICAL INSURANCE....

Simon.Pieman

• Club Racer
  • Life of Pie
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 29 March 2014, 07:56:26 am »
Do Vietnam. Seriously, I've done a few miles in that wonderfull country and it's both facinating and loadsa fun -and very easy going. North of Hanoi in the mountain areas around the Laos and Chinese borders is the pick of the tours. You can do it on your own no problem or use a guide with these people.

http://www.flamingotravel.com.vn/vietnam-motorcycle-tours/d118/

Cost for a ten day trip inclusive of everything (flight, hotels, food, motorcycle hire) comes to just under £1000.

Trip of a lifetime, but you'll go back the next year for sure and your mates will want to come too.

Not trying to thread hijack,  but how much extra did you spend when you were out there?  My and my mate are seriously thinking about Vietnam and this looks ideal.

There's nowhere cheaper I reckon Des and guess what, I happen to be in Hanoi at the moment! I'm heading North to the mountains on monday. I'm staying in posh hotel in the meantime, it's just £18 a night with air con, I spend about £6 or so a day to eat well and real beer is 40p a pint on the street up to  £1.50 a pint in the restaurants. Hot here at the moment, 90F and rather humid.
 If you want any more info ask as many questions as you like. Don't plan your trip during the monsoon is the first tip, I did that before and it's a real battle. I might start a thread with a few pics - if I can find decent internet.

Deswilson

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 30 March 2014, 10:04:53 am »
Simon,  I'll probably start asking a lot more questions when we fix a time for doing the tour.  Hopefully next year   but it may get pushed back a year. I'd like to see a thread with pics of your tour.

We are thinking of going in may and doing the 11 day tour on that site you posted the link to.