Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Oops!
« on: 09 April 2014, 02:30:46 pm »
Just received a little souvenir from my last Wales trip.

91mph in a 60mph limit. I had to look the location up on the map, as I'd never heard of the place, but yep, they've got me. I didn't see any cameras or likely looking, strategically placed vans at any time on that day, and can't picture the place where this happened. But I definitely did that route.

Had a 6 month ban in 2008, 3pts (sp30) in April 2010, so not sure how it stacks up these days. For declaring to insurance, what is it, anything in last 5 years?
Insurance up for renewal next month, just sent license off to change address, bike needs a service, tyres, and new pads all round before Euro trip in July, plus MOT and tax, still need decent boots and a few other bits before going, and in middle of filling out passport application. All comes at feckin once doesn't it?!  :\

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Oops!
« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2014, 02:32:11 pm »
31mph ott so a ban is possible :eek
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 April 2014, 02:35:52 pm »

Sorry to hear that Nick

That's why it pays to generally stick below a tonne eh...no instant bans.still shit...but no ammount of insurance money would get you on the road with a ban...at least you can still ride this summer....well funds permitting of course.

Where abouts was it then.

Actually it wasn't the same run i was on was it :eek
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 April 2014, 02:46:37 pm »
31mph ott so a ban is possible :eek

Ah shit. Oh well, what will be, will be.

Sorry to hear that Nick

That's why it pays to generally stick below a tonne eh...no instant bans.still shit...but no ammount of insurance money would get you on the road with a ban...at least you can still ride this summer....well funds permitting of course.

Where abouts was it then.

Actually it wasn't the same run i was on was it :eek 

I was generally pretty careful anywhere there were houses or junctions or owt, and especially in 30 and 40 limits, so looks like that bit paid off; so yeah, a bit unlucky. I'm also a bit like you Noggy, don't cane it on the straights, so it must have been on a twisty bit somewhere; somewhere where my concentration was more on the road, rather than the surroundings I guess.

Notice says A4067 at Crai village. That's crossing back north over the Brecons.

No, not our last run, you're safe!

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 April 2014, 02:54:12 pm »
Just looked it up on gogle earth

Near sennybridge

A nice big straight there but like you say you were taking it easy

Sounds like sneaky tactics, maybe dressed as sheep or somethin...doesnt bode well for this year.

Surely if the subtract 10% then you are not worthy of a ban.....& would it not state that....or does it not state the punishment yet?

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 April 2014, 03:04:47 pm »
it must have been on a twisty bit somewhere; somewhere where my concentration was more on the road, rather than the surroundings I guess.

I'd hope so what with travelling at 91mph :P

Bad luck though, hopefully you won't get a ban... still have no idea how I got away with my most recent close call

Managed to not notice a set of lights turning red and sort of ended up locking the rear and ending up in the middle of the yellow cross-hatched area which is camera monitored... I just sort of walked the bike backwards and pretended that no one saw me... despite the many many many cars around :|

4 weeks later and not a peep :)

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 April 2014, 03:23:29 pm »
Just looked it up on gogle earth

Near sennybridge

A nice big straight there but like you say you were taking it easy

Sounds like sneaky tactics, maybe dressed as sheep or somethin...doesnt bode well for this year.

Surely if the subtract 10% then you are not worthy of a ban.....& would it not state that....or does it not state the punishment yet?
....someone mention..SHEEP!! :b ewe sure farmer wasnt chasing you nick!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: 09 April 2014, 03:25:15 pm by CRH »

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 April 2014, 03:42:23 pm »
Maybe you should be brushing up on your observational skills? ;)

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 April 2014, 04:32:37 pm »
There for the grace of God go I
Good luck mate

Mickey
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 April 2014, 04:55:44 pm »
Maybe you should be brushing up on your observational skills? ;)

You could be right there locksmith - probably just having too much fun. The fine will be my fun tax  :rolleyes

If it's a ban, I guess it'll give me time to save for a few things - no point getting down about it, and you never know, it might not come to that.

A big, long straight eh Noggy? Fecked if I remember it, but 91 doesn't sound excessive for a big, long straight does it? Considering the speed I could've been doing  :lol

I think there but for the grace go most of us at one time or another Mickey. I'm not the sort to make excuses, my lack of observation as locksmith says, and, well, obviously excessive speed, although I'm normally quite good at judging where it's "safe" to get a good clip on. It seems that Heddlu Dyfed-Powys think it's not so safe there, so the price must be paid.

Don't know about sheep Clive, I'm feeling a bit like a sacrificial lamb at the moment  :lol

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 April 2014, 05:34:16 pm »
Totting up only applies for 3 years so your April 2010 has expired (although you have to wait 4 years before they will issue a licence that doesn't show it).  What is it that you have been sent?  Is it a Sect 172 Notice of Intended Prosecution?  When did you transgress as the NIP has to be served within 14 days, anything over that and it is invalid.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 April 2014, 05:35:10 pm »

Just before the village of cray...passed cray resorvoir....theres a long swooping right around a hill & then there's a straight all the way to the village........but before the village on the right hand side behind the trees theres a really long lay-by...pretty concealed by shrubbery......i bet the crafty buggers were stashed in there.

Hmm actually ...shoulda asked what way you were going before i deduced anything. :pokefun
It would have to be a straight ish for the doppler to be effective.

Pity you didnt have the video camera on you coulda looked back on it.
« Last Edit: 09 April 2014, 05:42:30 pm by noggythenog »

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 April 2014, 05:56:32 pm »
You have to declare any points obtained within the last 5 years for insurance purposes , its not worth lying to the insurance company , if you have to claim they will know .
If you obtain 12 points in the last 3 years , they can ban you , in that case its worth going to court to appeal and claim extreme hardship if you lose your license , once the 3 years is up , your slate is clean as far as keeping your license is concerned .
You can ask for the photograph ,if you wish to confirm that its definitely you , it is possible that its somebody with a cloned plate .
Hopefully you will keep your license , and it will be 3 points and a fine .
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone .

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 April 2014, 06:06:50 pm »
No stone casting from me then...Good Luck Nick

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 April 2014, 06:20:23 pm »
Totting up only applies for 3 years so your April 2010 has expired (although you have to wait 4 years before they will issue a licence that doesn't show it).  What is it that you have been sent?  Is it a Sect 172 Notice of Intended Prosecution?  When did you transgress as the NIP has to be served within 14 days, anything over that and it is invalid.

Yeah, notice of intended, offence date 30/3/14, notice date 8/4/14.  :(  All fits with when I was there so no false/stolen plate excuses are gonna work. 28 days to reply.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 09 April 2014, 06:46:04 pm »
Ask the judge to postpone sentence untill August
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 April 2014, 06:48:26 pm »
So you fill in the NIP (which if you look carefully is a Sect 9 statement of fact so by filling it in you are admitting the offence in a form that can be presented in court) and send it off.  Then you will get either a Conditional Offer which is your chance to accept 3 points and a fine (used to be £60 but I think it's now £100) or a summons to appear before the Magistrates.  If under a ton on a 70 limit dual carriageway you will almost always get the Conditional Offer but I'm not sure of the threshold on a 60.  If they request the pleasure of your company in some far flung Welsh court, then it's likely to be 6 points and a bigger fine.  They also have the option of asking you if you would prefer to get no points and attend a speed awareness course which you have to pay for.  Sit through a days worth of lectures from holier than thou's who think your brain will explode if you travel faster than 60 mph and go on your way with a clean licence.

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 April 2014, 06:55:41 pm »
I don't think you will get any more than 6 points and £100 fine , it will be classed as an SP50 , which  I got done for  on M4 about a month after I got bike , although they only gave me 3 points ,  when I checked with Bennets it made very little difference to my insurance , but i'm an old foccer .

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 April 2014, 07:04:17 pm »

On your best behaviour from now on then Nick is it?

May i suggest a restrictor in the form of some Blue paint :b

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 April 2014, 07:36:07 pm »

Bl...BLU...................BLUE PAINT?!!!!!!   :eek

Foc me, I'll take a 6 month ban and a £1000 fine pleeeeaaase! In fact, I'd prefer it if they brought back hanging!
Don't be daft Noggy, we're not living under a dictatorship  :rolleyes     :lol

Yeah rustyrider, if I get the option of the speed awareness course, I'll take it. If it's 3 or even 6 points and a £100 fine, it's not great but not the end of the world though. I just hope it doesn't foc up the tour in July, but I reckon I'll know well before then. As well as obviously a ban, a big hike in insurance could possibly hurt the tour plans, as I can only get so much money together before then.

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 April 2014, 10:56:03 pm »
I'll be honest with you Nick, it's highly unlikely you'll get offered the SAC at that speed. If you do get the course, happy days!
Your more than likely looking at the 3 pointer methinks, or a day in court.
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 April 2014, 11:46:52 pm »

Bl...BLU...................BLUE PAINT?!!!!!!   :eek

Foc me, I'll take a 6 month ban and a £1000 fine pleeeeaaase! In fact, I'd prefer it if they brought back hanging!
Don't be daft Noggy, we're not living under a dictatorship  :rolleyes     :lol

Yeah rustyrider, if I get the option of the speed awareness course, I'll take it. If it's 3 or even 6 points and a £100 fine, it's not great but not the end of the world though. I just hope it doesn't foc up the tour in July, but I reckon I'll know well before then. As well as obviously a ban, a big hike in insurance could possibly hurt the tour plans, as I can only get so much money together before then.

It's ok Nick I won't  let you starve.....I'll buy a book for Alpine forager  ;)

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10 April 2014, 12:08:16 am »
+30 over the limit and your looking at a ban ,if by some miracle they offer a conditional £100 +3 points take it
More likely a summons ,don't bother replying by post as they will only adjourn and request you attend at a later date anyway
turn up to court suited and booted and put a tremble in your voice and you should get away with around £250  to £300 and 6 points.

I know as I got done for 77 in a 40 in Aug overtaking a panel truck straight into a parked up camera van  :eek [size=78%]  [/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]Good luck [/size]
Its just a ride

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10 April 2014, 12:43:11 am »
+30 over the limit and your looking at a ban ,if by some miracle they offer a conditional £100 +3 points take it
More likely a summons ,don't bother replying by post as they will only adjourn and request you attend at a later date anyway
turn up to court suited and booted and put a tremble in your voice and you should get away with around £250  to £300 and 6 points.

I know as I got done for 77 in a 40 in Aug overtaking a panel truck straight into a parked up camera van  :eek [size=78%]  [/size]

[size=78%]Good luck [/size]

Can they do you if it's only a short distance like overtaking then?

Actually silly question since the fixed cams work over a few yards...Duh
« Last Edit: 10 April 2014, 12:44:41 am by midden »

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10 April 2014, 01:24:25 am »
No stone casting from me either... though my 76 in a 50 three months back was fairly pedestrian by comparison.
For a 60 zone the summons threshold is 86mph according to the ACPO recommendations on the CPS website. :(