Date: 01-05-24  Time: 16:13 pm

Author Topic: Getting Tailgated  (Read 3955 times)

TonyW

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Getting Tailgated
« on: 25 September 2014, 03:46:12 pm »
Had a bimmer tailgate me last night. I knew he was close, I didn't realize he was THAT close.  :eek

alan sherman

• FOC-U Pimp Daddy and
    Sick Note
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Tailgated
« Reply #1 on: 25 September 2014, 03:54:25 pm »
Only when stationary though.  You'd hate London.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 September 2014, 04:08:13 pm »
Standard behaviour for a BMW driver around my way, they cause me the most grief out of all drivers, and i expect them to do the most stupid of manoeuvres, and it's not just a matter of if but when.  :\
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: 25 September 2014, 05:18:53 pm »
regarding the two second rule bit, the BMW isn't a lot closer that your friend on the bike in front is to the car in front of him.

He's not actually stopping that close to your bike either. May be closer than you would like but it proves he knows where the front of his car is.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 September 2014, 06:02:28 pm »
Only when stationary though.  You'd hate London.
+1  :thumbup  If you queued between two cars long enough that is  ;)
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 September 2014, 08:13:48 pm »
Now then tonyw im with you and all that about tailgating but are you not popping a wheelie 8 seconds into your clip-------------just sayin
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 September 2014, 10:45:26 pm »
I would pull over let him take the lead. Next time the traffic ques I would filter if safe to do so and move several cars a head of him. If there was no further hold ups then only a car length in the journey time.

TonyW

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 September 2014, 02:59:48 am »
Now then tonyw im with you and all that about tailgating but are you not popping a wheelie 8 seconds into your clip-------------just sayin
Clutch slipped hossifer.  :lol

We'd filtered up to the guy at a set of lights about 2 minutes earlier on the dual carriageway and he'd tried to race us away from the lights, unsuccessfully.
He must have either carved through the traffic or been very lucky to catch up to us.

The BMW is a LOT closer  than my mate is to the car in front. As we come past the flats with the balcony's he accelerates to within 6 feet of me at about 25-30mph.
I try very hard to not let my road rage genie out of its bottle as I not that long ago had a warning for stopping in the middle of the road to point out to another tailgater the error of his ways.  :o

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 September 2014, 02:02:10 pm »
I think if i was ever tailgated i would nice and gently overtake the car in front and Voila, no more tailgater. I never get angry as i'm to vulnerable. I would just filter past all the other Cagers and be chuckling to myself.
Or you could do what you did. Drive past a petrol station and wait for him to pull in.

Mickey
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 September 2014, 03:56:26 pm »
Yep I see it all the while they always want to have a "go" its like they dont like being over taken by flitering, if we are next to each other at the lights I just let them go, I dont feel the need to prove anything to a silly boy in a car. And then at the next lights when he is 3 cars from the front I just fliter right past him to the front of the que. Whats the piont in anything else.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

TonyW

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 September 2014, 02:14:04 am »
I finally finished editing the whole vid after my editor starting randomly crashing  :'( if anyone is interested.
Its on a new collaborative channel. Hopefully the other two will start adding some f***ing video's soon.  :lol

Comment and subscribe if you like it/them.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 September 2014, 07:45:48 am »
Yep I see it all the while they always want to have a "go" its like they dont like being over taken by flitering, if we are next to each other at the lights I just let them go, I dont feel the need to prove anything to a silly boy in a car. And then at the next lights when he is 3 cars from the front I just fliter right past him to the front of the que. Whats the piont in anything else.

This is my approach now after I let the red mist take over once too often - no more issues.
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

woodwizzard

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 September 2014, 05:11:58 pm »
Got 1 minute into the vid then no more, can't stand music on bike vids, sorry. Music for music vids and bike exhaust for bike vids.

TonyW

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 September 2014, 05:44:53 pm »
I do know what you mean woodwizard. I'll have to think about that. Maybe just music over bad wind noise.

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29 September 2014, 09:41:32 am »
Hope you don't mind me asking, but whats the point of this video, its not very interesting?

I got 5:06 in before I stopped watching it.

A few times you very close behind the other bike, you overtook 3 times at junctions, filtered past traffic at speed when a car could have easily changed lanes as they tend to do so at the beginning of queues, overtook a car who was actually indicating to change lanes.

TonyW

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 01 October 2014, 01:01:52 pm »
No real point. Either you like watching that kind of video or you don't. If you don't then watch something else. I promise I won't mind.  :D

The White SUV I first filter past had just changed to that lane and unlikely to move back and the car indicating to change lanes had slowed to a stop before I pass her. I did almost stop to allow her to move across if she wanted to.

TBH that was the first time I'd put a cam on my helmet and had switched to using a proper editor over MS MovieMaker. More a learning experience for me than anything else.

Do I ride too close sometimes? Yeah probably, Do I make bad decisions while riding? Hell yeah. I've been know to pull wheelies and speed as well.  :evil

95bhp

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 October 2014, 08:01:39 pm »
I didn't think the tailgating was that bad compared to some I've experienced.

Although at 10.36 I would have put the bike on the stand and went to look for damage. For no other reason than letting the guy know he was to close.

On some days I would leave it to the last minute to go through the green light at the first set I came to in the hope he'd have to wait thus giving me space. That's all on a good day.

On a bad day, well that's a whole other mater. :)

« Last Edit: 02 October 2014, 06:33:54 pm by 95bhp »

Mongrel

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 October 2014, 08:47:33 pm »
The speed and way you filter will, I suggest, have you on the tarmac in the near future. You may want to consider riding a bit more defensively and stop assuming nobody's going to suddenly lane change.
Or you may not, up to you, your bike/leathers etc.