Date: 19-05-24  Time: 11:52 am

Author Topic: EU!  (Read 51956 times)

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
Re: EU!
« Reply #150 on: 26 June 2016, 11:57:17 am »
Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the
mechanics German, the lovers Italian and it's all organised by the
Swiss. Hell is where the chefs are British, the mechanics French, the
lover's Swiss, the police German and it's all organised by the Italians.

I have never agreed with you before , but you have got this right.  :rollin

True. You are wrong most of the time.  :)

:)  I voted remain,
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 26 June 2016, 02:40:28 pm »

« Last Edit: 26 June 2016, 04:22:29 pm by VNA »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 26 June 2016, 02:40:59 pm »

The vote was won by outers and lost by inners that is it - end of. What we should all do now is unite and get behind the result - support it and make it work.

Well No.  In fact there are two chances of that, one – none, and two – fuck all.

Firstly, remember why we had this referendum.  It was to unite the conservative party in order to win a general election.  It wasn’t because it was a good idea (it patently was not), or because the Prime Minister wanted to hold it, or because even a majority of MP’s wanted it.

Secondly, this is unprecedented.  A lot of halfwits, who apparently had never in their lives before voted (and I’m not talking first time voters), registered to vote and voted leave.  So I’ll explain what unprecedented means, it means we’ve never done this before, which in turns means nobody knows exactly how to do it.

Thirdly – what we do know.  Two countries in our Union voted to LEAVE, two voted to REMAIN.

Now as some of you know I’m a Scot.  Scotland voted decisively to REMAIN.  Our government will do everything it can to keep Scotland in the EU.  That means we won’t be cooperating with any UK withdrawal from the EU.  Membership of the EU is written into the parliaments of Northern Ireland and Scotland as well as the Welsh assembly. 

Scotland has 54 SNP MP’s at Westminster.  They will vote against any legislation to leave the EU.  I would expect the other 3 Scottish MPs to do likewise.

The dirty filthy gutter rag the Sun is for once correct.  490 out of 650 MPs in the commons are REMAIN MPs.  For the UK to leave the EU they have to vote against their own strongly held beliefs and principles.  And on what?  A referendum that should never have been held.

So our Scottish MP’s will be voting against any legislation to LEAVE the EU, and they will be doing everything they can on the behalf of the Scottish people to get the other 433 pro EU MPs to do the same.

Some of you might not like it.  But that my friends is how our democracy works. 

So as the referendum was not legally binding, do not assume, for even one minute, that you will actually be leaving the EU.

Have a nice day BREXITers! :D

Nath

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 26 June 2016, 03:08:52 pm »
Not legally binding?

Why do you want Scotland to break away? What is it about been in the UK do Scotland really not like or want?

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 26 June 2016, 03:12:21 pm »
MP are not there to represent themselves, they are there to represent the people in their constituency, and it is about time they remembered that.
As for Scottish independence its odd that all my relatives still in Scotland don't want  to split from the UK,  most of them think the SNP wants to turn Scotland into a one party state.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 26 June 2016, 04:40:34 pm »
MP are not there to represent themselves, they are there to represent the people in their constituency, and it is about time they remembered that.

No, MPs should represent the best interests of their constituents.  As such, and rightly so, many will vote against any legislation put before the house that would remove the UK from the EU.
As for Scottish independence its odd that all my relatives still in Scotland don't want  to split from the UK,  most of them think the SNP wants to turn Scotland into a one party state.

For your information the SNP is the minority government of Scotland.  It can only government with consensus.  The Scottish Parliament is designed such that it should be impossible for any one party (in other words the SNP) to hold a majority.  Such is the popularity of the SNP in Scotland that they have already achieved the impossible once – that was the last term.  But as I said currently they are a minority government.

Whilst I am not a member of the SNP, I think I can assure you and your family that the SNP have no dictatorial ambitions.

Anyway, don’t forget BREXITers that we are still, today, members of the EU, and it will take one hell of a foccing effort to get us out.

Oh just a wee thought.  Does anybody remember a couple of months ago Boris talking about using a LEAVE vote in order to negotiate a new membership deal with Europe?

Hmmmm. ;)

« Last Edit: 26 June 2016, 04:41:52 pm by VNA »

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 26 June 2016, 04:48:54 pm »
aye they do--I was a party member for 22 years mate---and they are worse than the Labour party.

johnakay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - tracer 700
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 26 June 2016, 06:21:49 pm »

Christopher Everard[/size]

MORE BBC LIES EXPOSED: £1 BRITISH POUND = 1.24 euros - that is 25% HIGHER than it was at the time of the 2015 General Election - the BBC are lying this morning
[/color][/size] - the value of the £1 three days ago was 1euro=79p RIGHT NOW is is 1euro=81p - a shift of just 2p which will be corrected as soon as Cameron buggers off. It has made BRITISH GOODS such as all our great sports cars - Caterham, Morgan, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Noble, Corsica's, Wilkins, XJ13s etc BETTER VALUE. It is the EURO which has CRASHED and will continue to CRASH because there is now a £361 MILLION POUND PER WEEK HOLE in the EU budget - yes, British people's taxes which have been illegally used to pay GERMAN PENSIONERS £449 PER WEEK when our Brits can't afford to eat nor heat. The BBC are trying to cook up a FAKE RECESSION - shout them down on Social Media.[/font]
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership!

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 26 June 2016, 06:42:27 pm »
I think you'll find the value of the £ bombed.. but then so did the value of the €. So against the Euro we look ok, but against the rest of the world we are down.

Great conspiracy theory though. Don't believe all the s*** you read on the internet. Always be cynical, question everything, check and make your own opinion.
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

Flooky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 26 June 2016, 07:01:49 pm »
I don't really know what all the fuss is about, I was around before we joined Europe and it was fine, we aint all gonna burst into flames if we go it alone. Scotland had a vote to be independent, it voted to stay with the UK,  the UK had a vote to be independent it voted to leave EU.
that's democracy.. lets leave, get on with it and talk about motorbikes.. :)

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 26 June 2016, 07:15:28 pm »
I don't really know what all the fuss is about, I was around before we joined Europe and it was fine, we aint all gonna burst into flames if we go it alone. Scotland had a vote to be independent, it voted to stay with the UK,  the UK had a vote to be independent it voted to leave EU.
that's democracy.. lets leave, get on with it and talk about motorbikes.. :)

I agree, old  enough to remember all the shite that got spouted before we joined the Common Market, the problem today is the people did not do what the politicians and their toadying supporters told them to do and they are all shitting themselves.
Anyway I had a quick blast on my FZ1s round some of my favourite local roads for an hour and half. :)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 26 June 2016, 07:39:22 pm »
I don't really know what all the fuss is about

You are probably right.

It'll take years of negotiation and mucking about at Westminster.  Westminster will also realise that if Scotland has another referendum this time it will go.

So after about a year or so of fathing about, either we'll just be told it's impossible to get out, the instability and tourmoil etc as a result of trying ain't worth it etc etc, and/or new improved membership terms will be agreed and maybe we have a another referendum on the EU, which of course this time REMAIN will win.

Aye, it's a funny old thing politics  :lol
« Last Edit: 26 June 2016, 07:40:06 pm by VNA »

johnakay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - tracer 700
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 26 June 2016, 08:05:14 pm »

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 26 June 2016, 08:18:48 pm »

Rubbish. The country in question is the UK. The UK has voted out. Whilst Scotland and N.I. are parts of the UK, that means they are out too.
If they wish to hold referendums to leave the UK, then they can negotiate to rejoin the EU once they have independence.

Sorry to disagree with you Nick and I am an unbiased outsider looking in from outside the UK.
A little history lesson here. The UK is a union of 4 countries and are seen as 4 countries by EU law because they have 4 seats of governments, London, Cardiff, Edinburgh and Belfast and operate as a union with day to day running controlled by these governments.
It is the Union of these governments that control the rest.
The people who voted out in my opinion were misinformed, the only issue most voted out was because of the emigration issues.
This is Ironic coming from a country that invaded half the world and now want to leave the EU because of Emigration  :pokefun

The EU is a loose voluntarily confederation of 28 countries with no tax raising powers of its own. It is the member states not the EU itself  that have the taxing power to redistribute the wealth to losers which some have gained from the rapid increase in economic activity that is taking place across national boundaries, which includes the way that goods, services and financial capital are produced, traded and moved around the whole world.
The UKs investment in productivity improvement has not been good and the Exit voters have mistakenly blamed the EU for the effects and these omissions and under performance of successive UK governments.

Those who promoted the EXIT now have no plan in place of what to do next because they did not expect it to happen and have been caught out without a plan.  Boris Johnson has himself in a serious porition “If he runs for leadership of the party, and then fails to follow through on triggering Article 50, then he is finished. If he does not run and effectively abandons the field, then he is finished. If he runs, wins and pulls the UK out of the EU, then it will all be over – Scotland will break away, there will be upheaval in Ireland, a recession … broken trade agreements. Then he is also finished. Boris Johnson knows all of this and is reason he gibbering when asked "what next?".  :eek Farage is denying comments he made early in the campaign about funding the Hospitals schools and GPs with money saved.  :eek

It is like the scene from film the Life of Brian "what did the Romans ever do for us" no substitute the Romans for EU and read the link below to see what EU funding was provided to Wales look here (over a billion): http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/19-things-european-funding-done-10939396 and this is from a country who voted to leave :eek

Back to the important issues for me, I going out now to sort my bike out for the morning and put new Motad down pipes on my sons 600 :thumbup

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 26 June 2016, 08:20:50 pm »
Nobody has lost anything.

As at his time we are still members of the EU.  And as I have explained getting out, is not only undesirable but perhaps unachievable.

Does nobody remember Boris's comments on voting to leave in order to obtain a better deal? 

The UK leave the EU?  Seriously, not for a long time, and I'll believe it only when it's actually happened.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 26 June 2016, 10:00:51 pm »
I'm sorry, did I post something in a political thread?  :eek  I haven't been well lately, pay no heed  :lol

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 26 June 2016, 10:08:04 pm »
 :D'

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 26 June 2016, 10:18:00 pm »
Except of course it turns out that the petition was started before the Referendum by a 'Leaver'. Is it you Dazza ?  :rollin

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 27 June 2016, 12:39:38 am »
I'm sorry, did I post something in a political thread?  :eek  I haven't been well lately, pay no heed  :lol

To long touring EU countries :pokefun :D

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 27 June 2016, 02:46:39 am »
Guys there may be a happy end after all  :thumbup

It appears if Boris is the next PM he will go for EEA. Hat off to him for trying to unite the UK people after that divisive vote.

Quote from: Bojo
Boris Johnson says the UK will continue to "intensify" cooperation with the EU following the country's vote to leave.

In his first words since accepting the result of the EU referendum on Friday, Mr Johnson wrote that "the only change" would be to free the UK from the EU's "extraordinary and opaque" law, which "will not come in any great rush".

The leading pro-Leave campaigner said exit supporters must accept the 52-48 result was "not entirely overwhelming".

And yet we who agreed with this majority verdict must accept that it was not entirely overwhelming.

There were more than 16 million who wanted to remain. They are our neighbours, brothers and sisters who did what they passionately believe was right. In a democracy majorities may decide but everyone is of equal value.

'Single market access'

His column said: "I cannot stress too much that Britain is part of Europe, and always will be.

"There will still be intense and intensifying European cooperation and partnership in a huge number of fields: the arts, the sciences, the universities, and on improving the environment.

"EU citizens living in this country will have their rights fully protected, and the same goes for British citizens living in the EU.

"British people will still be able to go and work in the EU; to live; to travel; to study; to buy homes and to settle down. As the German equivalent of the CBI - the BDI - has very sensibly reminded us, there will continue to be free trade, and access to the single market.

"The only change - and it will not come in any great rush - is that the UK will extricate itself from the EU's extraordinary and opaque system of legislation: the vast and growing corpus of law enacted by a European Court of Justice from which there can be no appeal."

Correct me if I am wrong, but the above looks like EEA agreement? IMO this is the fastest and best way to end this and make happy both camps. Although some of the people that voted for Leave may not be so happy.

Nigel and the aging racists spring to my mind  :rollin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36637037

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/26/i-cannot-stress-too-much-that-britain-is-part-of-europe--and-alw/

« Last Edit: 27 June 2016, 02:47:52 am by Val »
Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

Razgruff

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R XS750
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 27 June 2016, 03:00:28 am »
Cornwall and Wales voted out both the largest recievers of EU grants. both still want that cash when we stop paying the EU.

So I fully support the independance for Wales and Cornwall campaigns and wonder how soon we can get shot of them.

Then we may stand a chance of getting some of this cash we are supposed to be getting back from the EU to spend on the health service.

Then we have just got to find a way of stopping the subsidies to the farmers. :deal

with the drop in the markets looks like there are going to be plenty of pensioners wanting to earn a bit of cash so we can ship them off to the east of the country veg picking to replace are those eastern Europeans that will will be kicking out soon  :D     https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/mar/14/tory-minister-wanted-uk-pensioners-to-be-low-wage-fruit-pickers

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 27 June 2016, 09:54:59 am »
Razgruff has got it sorted. Razgruff for PM  :thumbup

johnakay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - tracer 700
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 27 June 2016, 11:08:31 am »
some people seem to think its all about immigration.
in part yes but mostly to take back control of our once great country to govern and make our own laws.
why would you remainers want everything control by unelected and unaccountable governing bodies to tell you what you can do or cant do with your country.
I'm not ashamed to admit that I voted leave.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #173 on: 27 June 2016, 11:17:42 am »
Immigration will fall naturally.

Even if we retain, which I hope we do, the free movement we have within the EU to allow workers, holiday makers, pensioners etc to live and work wherever we want within Europe, migration will fall because we will stop paying non UK citizens any benefits. This will on its own reduce the reasons people come to this country.

As Scotland, Wales and NI all receive more in EU subsidies than they pay, I doubt the EU would want them back. As it is, other member countries will need to pay more to cover the loss of the UK payments.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 27 June 2016, 11:25:20 am »
Except of course it turns out that the petition was started before the Referendum by a 'Leaver'. Is it you Dazza ?  :rollin

Better than that, the idea was first mentioned by their Fuhrer a week before the petition was created.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.