Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 400 and other models

400 manual

(1/2) > >>

Billy Sprocket:
Hi everyone, thanks for letting me join :)
I recently bought a 400 Fazer Japanese import and I can't find a manual for it at all anywhere, I've got the 600 manual but nothing under the tank seems to match up and i need to get the carbs off to clean them could anyone help point me towards a manual for it please?

BBROWN1664:
Have you looked in the downloads section of this forum?

https://foc-u.co.uk/index.php?action=downloads;cat=7

Billy Sprocket:
Yes I've looked in there and it's all either wiring diagrams, parts catalogues, paint codes, other models or written in Japanese. I need a Haynes manual or something similar but they just don't seem to exist anywhere for some reason.

BBROWN1664:

--- Quote from: Billy Sprocket on 15 October 2021, 05:04:04 pm ---I need a Haynes manual or something similar but they just don't seem to exist anywhere for some reason.

--- End quote ---

The FZS400 was a bike made for the Japanese market and only imported into english speaking countries in small numbers so people like Haynes wont do a manual as the market isnt there to sell the manuals.

IIRC the main difference under the tank between the 400 and the 600 would be the lack of fuel pump. Carbs out should be a similar job on both bike though.

Billy Sprocket:
Ok thanks for the info, I've had a go at it following the 600 manual but once the tank came off everything was completely different so I might just have to give up and take it to a garage

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version