Date: 30-04-24  Time: 19:53 pm

Author Topic: Another track day  (Read 2982 times)

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Another track day
« on: 07 June 2014, 10:50:50 pm »
I recently did a track day at Cadwell park and thought it may be nice to share some of the day with you lot.  Hope you like it.

Cheers
Simon.

http://simonmcnair.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/04062014-msv-track-day-at-cadwell-park.html
Opinions are like A**holes, Everyone has one.  Some people seem to have more than one though which is a bit odd.

kawasutra

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: Another track day
« Reply #1 on: 08 June 2014, 11:14:34 am »
Enjoyed watching the videos. Thanks. I am likely doing a track day there later in the year.

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600 2003, FZS 600 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 June 2014, 11:24:01 am »
A very informative read, and excellent camera footage.Really enjoyed watching.Gives a really good insight on what to expect at a track day. I am considering buying a camera and have looked at the Drift range amongst others.
Have you had any problems with your camera ?

kawasutra

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 June 2014, 11:38:37 am »
Have just watched your "how to keep cool in full gear" video.  :rollin :rollin :rollin

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 June 2014, 11:46:18 am »
Nice vids ... Good to see you postin again :-)
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 June 2014, 01:15:11 pm »

Some beg to differ there, Pete.
The Deef's apprentice

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 June 2014, 02:30:14 pm »

Some beg to differ there, Pete.

Really Christo, don't be a twat.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 June 2014, 04:36:14 pm »
Great post, wish I lived closer to a track because I recently just got free track day cover on my insurance! Cheers for the read.

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 June 2014, 11:47:38 am »
A very informative read, and excellent camera footage.Really enjoyed watching.Gives a really good insight on what to expect at a track day. I am considering buying a camera and have looked at the Drift range amongst others.

Hiya.  The Drift, in my opinion, is very good value for the money.  I believe it is definitively not as good a quality as the gopro but it has many better features.  These are:

• The ability to turn the lense around to an arbitrary position
  • The fact that it looks better mounted compared to the go pro
  • Much cheaper
The battery life on mine is appalling though and whilst I know a number of people who have bought a stock pile of batteries, my option of keeping it on the fairing resolves a few issues.  These are:
  • The Mini USB plug that I use for my satnav can just be plugged in to the camera giving it a permanent supply
  • You can't see the speedo, which simplifies youtube and police hassles.
Mine is the 1080P and I've heard better and worse things about both Gopros and Drifts.  My advice is to get a cheap one and if you like it, stick that on the back and invest in a more expensive one of the same type.  The Ghosts and all the cutting edge cameras are massively overpriced IMO.

Buy what makes you happy and ride safe :-)
Opinions are like A**holes, Everyone has one.  Some people seem to have more than one though which is a bit odd.

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 June 2014, 11:50:05 am »
Great post, wish I lived closer to a track because I recently just got free track day cover on my insurance! Cheers for the read.

Free track day cover ?!?  I'd be stunned at that.  Find a track and do it immediately !  I've not come across 1 insurer that doesn't make you bend over backwards and take it up the pooper for track day insurance.

Lucky you :-)

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 June 2014, 11:53:02 am »

Thanks for the support lad.  Sometimes it's just better to keep your head down and talk to the peeps you want to but the track day was so awesome I thought it was worth the risk of sticking my head above the parapet to pass on the love :-)

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 June 2014, 11:56:18 am »

Free track day cover ?!?  I'd be stunned at that.  Find a track and do it immediately !  I've not come across 1 insurer that doesn't make you bend over backwards and take it up the pooper for track day insurance.

Lucky you :-)

"take it up the pooper"....I'm deeply offended by these remarks....welcome back Nancy Boy  :lol

kawasutra

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 June 2014, 12:38:57 pm »

Hiya.  The Drift, in my opinion, is very good value for the money.  I believe it is definitively not as good a quality as the gopro but it has many better features.  These are:

• The ability to turn the lense around to an arbitrary position
  • The fact that it looks better mounted compared to the go pro
  • Much cheaper
The battery life on mine is appalling though and whilst I know a number of people who have bought a stock pile of batteries, my option of keeping it on the fairing resolves a few issues.  These are:
  • The Mini USB plug that I use for my satnav can just be plugged in to the camera giving it a permanent supply
  • You can't see the speedo, which simplifies youtube and police hassles.
Mine is the 1080P and I've heard better and worse things about both Gopros and Drifts.  My advice is to get a cheap one and if you like it, stick that on the back and invest in a more expensive one of the same type.  The Ghosts and all the cutting edge cameras are massively overpriced IMO.

Buy what makes you happy and ride safe :-)

I have a TCL-SVC200, which has a screen, comes with a remote, and uses a standard Nokia style 5C battery. Spare batteries are around a fiver off ebay.

Cherry on top is that with a cheap adapter that screws into the built-in tripod socket, you can use go pro mounts!!

100 Euros!

Here's the review that made me buy it, instead of the go-pro.

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2013/11/10/svc200-is-the-best-100-action-camera-ive-found-so-far.html

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 June 2014, 07:11:36 pm »
Yeah to be honest I was quite shocked when he said it, I'm with MCE and have been for 5 of the 6 years I've been riding. He literally said it right at the end of the phone conversation as something he almost forgot then quickly remembered might be quite important! Like I say just a shame the tracks are all quite far away.

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 June 2014, 08:51:06 pm »

Not again Christo lol
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 12 June 2014, 10:17:36 pm »

Not again Christo lol

Poor Christo.......obviously wasn't his fault. It was the low flying aircraft
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600 2003, FZS 600 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 June 2014, 10:42:00 am »
Simonm and Kawasutra. Thank-you so much for your replies regarding cameras. I am digesting all your interesting observations which are a great help to me in making a choice. It really is a great forum. Everybody is so helpful.