Date: 09-05-24  Time: 12:45 pm

Author Topic: Exup Servo  (Read 1619 times)

GecHo

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Exup Servo
« on: 18 January 2012, 08:36:25 pm »
hi all, strange post and not sure if its normal but my xup servo is making a strange type of electrical surge noise, very much like if you arc accross a battery and get a small spark. i dont mean the normal noise you get from the servo moving and its constantly there while egnition is on. ive got an led back light and the numberplate lite is flickering so i thought it was a bad earth or something  so while i was investigating this i heard a noise around the engine and found it to be the servo so removed it and opened it up to find lots of plastic cogs and couldnt see a way to the electrical side so put it back together and still have this noise. is it normal or do i need to worry about it or just plug in the ipod and say fook it lol, been accross my mates and checked his R1 and no noise at all
any help would be great thanks
Cheers Mick

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
Re: Exup Servo
« Reply #1 on: 18 January 2012, 10:21:28 pm »
It's not unknown for the EXUP servo motor to crackle and it doesn't necessarily indicate a fault.  They're usually very reliable, too.

The flickering lights point to a poor earth/connector block or a low battery voltage.  Start by checking the latter.

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 January 2012, 11:14:08 pm »
Without looking i cant say how easy it would be to do this but....
How about disconecting the servo (i belive it can be got at from under the tank) and see if it still makes the noise? if it dose then it rules out the servo

just an idea no clue if it would work

GecHo

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 January 2012, 05:54:56 pm »
i have removed the servo and its definatley that, but if they are known to crackle im fine with that, and done my xup service and it still works fine. as with the back light i have found 2 of the leds faulty i now know its not electrical on the bike as i have plugged in into a 12v power supply and still did the same so hopefully with the new leds it will be fine
thanks for the help chaps