Date: 28-04-24  Time: 01:26 am

Author Topic: Looking on buying one  (Read 6537 times)

chaparral02

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - DiamondBack Mountain bike
    • View Profile
Re: Looking on buying one
« Reply #25 on: 01 July 2013, 09:12:32 am »
Suspension no issue as aftermarket one fitted 3 way adjustable. And power commander so throttle issue sorted.
That good news on the suspension..

But a power commander does not fix the throttle problem...You need to fix an FCE too fix the throttle on/off problem ...
08 Graphite Grey FZ1 ABS..
Yoshi CF R-77 Full system, FCE, Ivans Flies, PC-V + Autotune Kit, DNA Aifilter & Airbox Mod, Speedo healer ,16T front gen1 sprocket,
Sargent front & rear seats, Fender eliminator, CA Intergated Rear Led, MRA Vario Screen , Givi mono rack & V46 topbox

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01 July 2013, 10:39:22 am »
Haggled, got a discounted box, new chain and sprocket set, 3 way adjustable aftermarket shock fitted and upon checking there was a power commander under the seat.
Sweeeeet!
« Last Edit: 01 July 2013, 10:43:27 am by b1k3rdude »

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01 July 2013, 10:47:36 am »
Haggled, got a discounted box, new chain and sprocket set, 3 way adjustable aftermarket shock fitted and upon checking there was a power commander under the seat.
Sweeeeet!
I was just about to say that!!!  :lol
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

Loz

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 918 Blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01 July 2013, 12:01:01 pm »
Looks like a really nice bike, must admit one thing, even though i love my Gen 1 i much prefer the black engine look.

I do realise that - the pegs are spot on for the riding position. It just seems to be more of an issue on this bike than most others I've owned. If really tricky manoeuvring is required I tend to do it from off the bike.
Respect Janet...i can barely move mine off the bike and paddling is quite a sight too  :lol

Janet

• DAS Born Again
  • Mad woman
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
    • Torque Monsters Home Page
« Reply #29 on: 01 July 2013, 12:20:34 pm »
Looks like a really nice bike, must admit one thing, even though i love my Gen 1 i much prefer the black engine look.

I do realise that - the pegs are spot on for the riding position. It just seems to be more of an issue on this bike than most others I've owned. If really tricky manoeuvring is required I tend to do it from off the bike.
Respect Janet...i can barely move mine off the bike and paddling is quite a sight too  :lol

Ah ... yes ... but I'm a real wimp. I leave the sidestand down so that if I start to lose my balance I can simply put it back onto the stand and no harm done. I only generally do this for pushing backwards (the engine helps if I'm going forward   :) ), as there's always a risk when pushing forwards of lightly grounding the stand and not realising that it is no longer in its fully forward position.

Loz

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 918 Blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 01 July 2013, 12:27:51 pm »
Ah ... yes ... but I'm a real wimp. I leave the sidestand down so that if I start to lose my balance I can simply put it back onto the stand and no harm done. I only generally do this for pushing backwards (the engine helps if I'm going forward   :) ), as there's always a risk when pushing forwards of lightly grounding the stand and not realising that it is no longer in its fully forward position.

lol, nothing wimpish about not wanting to damage your pride and joy :D  I decided long ago that my pride was no where near as important as my bike therefore my OH is called upon alot, keeps my bike unscratched and his ego in tact  :rolleyes

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01 July 2013, 01:28:42 pm »
even though i love my Gen 1 i much prefer the black engine look.

Er you mean like this.. 8)

narked

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - FJR1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 01 July 2013, 08:13:30 pm »
Suspension no issue as aftermarket one fitted 3 way adjustable. And power commander so throttle issue sorted.
That good news on the suspension..

But a power commander does not fix the throttle problem...You need to fix an FCE too fix the throttle on/off problem ...
Can't find the "on off" power issue. But have no idea what a FCE is
Anything less than a litre and it's a girls bike :-)

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02 July 2013, 05:51:46 pm »
I dont think i need a FCE on mine, fuel cut off eliminator,, i stops the fuel giving a supposed on off,jerky feel on opening the throttle,,maybe the other mods have helped the problem,
I trimmed the secondry flies on the air inlets inside the air box, this seemed to smotthem the whole lot up.
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02 July 2013, 05:55:41 pm »
I dont think i need a FCE on mine, fuel cut off eliminator,, i stops the fuel giving a supposed on off,jerky feel on opening the throttle,,maybe the other mods have helped the problem,
I trimmed the secondry flies on the air inlets inside the air box, this seemed to smotthem the whole lot up.
And given it a bit of a mid range boost too!;D It certainly helps reduce the throttle snatch on earlier models.
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!