Date: 01-05-24  Time: 01:15 am

Author Topic: back to bikes on a fazer 600,  (Read 1672 times)

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
back to bikes on a fazer 600,
« on: 30 October 2013, 10:58:17 pm »
hi all,

well,after 8 years away from biking,i found myself in a position to get back on the road again,so being the cautious old git that i am,i did a 2 hour 'back to bikes' session with a local bike trainer, he provided the bike which was a 600 fazer and i instantley felt at home on it. my last bike was a thunderace 1000 so the fazer is a lot lighter and the sit up and beg riding position really suited me. so the plan to get a bandit/hornet went out the window as i knew i wanted a fazer,so after searching the web for a few days,i kept going back to one bike in particular,at a dealers in cardiff,which i brought last friday and is being dropped to my gaff in deep dark zummerset tomorow!! im like a kid waiting for christmas here  :)

being a complete PC numpty,im unable to put up a picture of it,but we all know what  a black 2001 fazer looks like. it has a rear hugger,rack,front fender extender thingy,and stainless down pipes on 14,500 miles.

things to do to it are braided front brake hoses,tank harness,Quill exhaust (the one that sounds sweet but is legal) and maybe a double bubble screen. oh,and ride it as much as possible!!  :lol

look forward to getting lots of tips off here,i already know that the front lights have candels in where the bulbs should be and ive not even riding in the dark yet,see how good you guys are to us newbie's?

pilgo

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: back to bikes on a fazer 600,
« Reply #1 on: 31 October 2013, 06:46:35 am »
Hi Pilgo !!! welcome to the |\Foc-u site

Somerset ? M5 puts me off somerset,,bad road..You will have some nice roads in Somerset for the 600 though,my sis lives in Cheddar, so i get down using the A roads,not a bad ride from Hereford.

Hope you get some good weather soon for the new ride.
Billy
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 October 2013, 05:43:43 pm »
Hi Pilgo !!! welcome to the |\Foc-u site

Somerset ? M5 puts me off somerset,,bad road..You will have some nice roads in Somerset for the 600 though,my sis lives in Cheddar, so i get down using the A roads,not a bad ride from Hereford.

Hope you get some good weather soon for the new ride.
Billy

thanks for the welcome Billy,might see ya around here next time you visit your sis as im about 6 miles from cheddar,just down the hill from wedmore.

found a couple of niggle's on the bike once they'd delivered it and gone,one is the steering lock does'nt appear to work (unless im not doing it right?) and the brake light does'nt work with only the front applied,as i remember it,thats not normal.

and your right about the M5  :eek

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 November 2013, 01:09:04 am »
Hey welcome to the forum!

It's a great community on here so get stuck in and don't be afraid to ask questions  8)

All the best on the bike and take care, glad you did the sensible thing and had a training session to get back into the way of things.

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 November 2013, 09:43:21 pm »
hope this works,if so,here's mine

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 November 2013, 02:04:26 am »
Very tidy man!

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

msmudge

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 November 2013, 06:46:06 am »

look forward to getting lots of tips off here,i already know that the front lights have candels in where the bulbs should be and ive not even riding in the dark yet,see how good you guys are to us newbie's?

pilgo

Yep, your right the lights are pretty pants. So don't blink at night.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 November 2013, 10:35:46 pm »
Welcome dude, and nice bike  :)