Date: 27-04-24  Time: 09:07 am

Author Topic: ECU flashing  (Read 667 times)

sidewaysid

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
ECU flashing
« on: 21 September 2023, 08:11:46 am »
HiBeen reading a little about flashing the ECU to get rid of the jerky throttle at lower revs, my bike is a Gen2 FZ1, do any of you on the forum have any ideas about this, would it be expensive and I bel;ieve the ECU is under the air box.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: ECU flashing
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2023, 12:38:03 pm »
If the bike is pre 2011, a Fuel Cut Eliminator will probaby do rather than a full flash. The Gen 2 up to 2011 cuts the fuel when decelerating from certain speeds and there is a delay when coming back on the throttle. First time I rode one to check it out for a friend who was buying it, I thought there was something wrong with it.  The owner said he never noticed it, but I was coming from a carburettor bike and it was very obvious to me and drove me to distraction riding it.

Gaz66

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - VFR800 Fi (1999)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 September 2023, 02:19:57 pm »
Easy answer, sell it & buy a proper  :faz  a (Gen1), No more jerko-matic  :lol

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 September 2023, 02:31:28 pm »
HiBeen reading a little about flashing the ECU to get rid of the jerky throttle at lower revs, my bike is a Gen2 FZ1, do any of you on the forum have any ideas about this, would it be expensive and I bel;ieve the ECU is under the air box.
You have 3 options, from cheapest to most expensive -

- Fuel cut eliminator - plug and play
- Send the ECU of for flashing  - https://www.wizperformance.co.uk/product-page/2006-2014-yamaha-fz1-ecu-flash
- Take the bike to a dyno shop where they program & flash a better fueling curve to remove the dip at 5k rpm.
- Installer a Power commander and then also take it to the dyno shop. The PC allows them to tune the fueling curves further.