Date: 22-05-24  Time: 15:33 pm

Author Topic: 08 FZ1 fairing decals.  (Read 2745 times)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
08 FZ1 fairing decals.
« on: 13 October 2014, 10:24:57 pm »

My flymo attacked my bike in the shed a while back....i think it was a turf war :b .........turns out i got lucky as it mainly hit the decal on the front fairing but it's a big scratch through the middle & it does my nut in.

Here's the trouble...it's an FZ1 stickered model which i think means it was originally an import and searching on google i cant find any replacements.

Does anyone know a source for these decals....official ones would be good.

If i cant find one then i've spied with my little eye some motografix decals but they're nigh on 60 foccin squid :eek .....but they will at least do away with the original decals and be a mod of the smallest order.

Ideally i dont think my fairing warrants a £60 upgrade as it has a small crack under the indicator so it's hardly as if i can say oh the motografix kit will protect my minted fairing so the original decal would be ideal.

Any ideas???......cheers.

Nog
« Last Edit: 13 October 2014, 10:28:01 pm by noggythenog »
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
Re: 08 FZ1 fairing decals.
« Reply #1 on: 14 October 2014, 08:14:41 am »
dont do it i think they are nasty as and a twat yo get off. just get the crack repaired and sprayed.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 October 2014, 10:58:13 am »
dont do it i think they are nasty as and a twat yo get off. just get the crack repaired and sprayed.

The crack isn't bad...just needs plastic welding....it is actually there in the pic under the indicator but isnt really noticeable.....just i know its there.

But what about the decal though?

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 October 2014, 12:17:57 pm »
What seat you got on that Noggy?

An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 October 2014, 12:27:44 pm »
What seat you got on that Noggy?

Dunno mate, supposedly a gel seat & it has FZ1 embossed on it.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 October 2014, 01:14:16 pm »
What about just removing the fairing sticker on both sides? Then just polish up the paintwork where they were. Use a hairdrier to soften the sticker adhesive and it should come off okay. I did this on my old Thundercat and it looked a lot better and neater, and it costs nothing.
Maybe I should post this in the Tightwad Tips thread, how to modify your bike for free. :)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 October 2014, 02:16:03 pm »
What about just removing the fairing sticker on both sides? Then just polish up the paintwork where they were. Use a hairdrier to soften the sticker adhesive and it should come off okay. I did this on my old Thundercat and it looked a lot better and neater, and it costs nothing.
Maybe I should post this in the Tightwad Tips thread, how to modify your bike for free. :)

:lol ........should make the bike lighter also for increased performance!

I think that's the way ill go now...yeh coz the scratch on the decal just catches my eye all the time and looks tatty...im gonna buy a cheap soldering iron and practice some plastic welding and see if i can sort out the crack and then ill take off the decals & give a good old polish up.

Then i need a right hand side fairing infill & im gonna get some of those race fairing fasteners...the 1/4 turn ones for the tank cover thingy.

Just little jobs really....be plenty time to do them over the winter.

paul1606

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 November 2014, 06:23:04 pm »
just read your post if you havent done anything yet about your decal, go to your local sign company if they are any good they would be able to copy exact your originals size/colour etc and put them on for you without bubbles.horse & stable door spring to mind but thought id post just on the off chance

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 November 2014, 09:13:00 pm »
just read your post if you havent done anything yet about your decal, go to your local sign company if they are any good they would be able to copy exact your originals size/colour etc and put them on for you without bubbles.horse & stable door spring to mind but thought id post just on the off chance

Cheers Paul, appreciate the info actually, good plan

I actually managed to peel off just the damaged bit of decal and it has left just about all of the FZ1 so that when you loom at it now it isnt actually all that noticeable whereas with the scratched bit of decal it stood out like a sore thumb so ive got lucky by pure fluke. 8)