Date: 30-04-24  Time: 14:51 pm

Author Topic: Dont know what to do???  (Read 6201 times)

Bigfellabuck

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XJ600 Diversion 97
    • View Profile
Dont know what to do???
« on: 23 November 2013, 12:41:35 pm »
Hi All, I'm in a right kerfuffle, I bought my Fazer in February and love it to bits and as in a previous thread I said I wanted summat higher ( TDM , Versys etc ) and |I've had phone calls from 2 dealers with bikes better suited to my long legs but they're not giving me what I think the bike is worth, I'm really reluctant to put an advert up as I'm not good at this kinda thing and I'm a bit of a push over when haggling . I really don't know what to do for best as I spent about £ 400 or so since buying it after the initial £1600 for the bike and all I'm getting offered is a grand part/ex. Think I f*****k up in the first place or what????

Cheers guys   Buck

« Last Edit: 23 November 2013, 12:42:42 pm by Bigfellabuck »

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Re: Dont know what to do???
« Reply #1 on: 23 November 2013, 12:58:15 pm »
Nice looking fazer Buck & a very good bike for someone indeed.

The £400 spent on it aside as youll never likely make that back, it's purely the bike itself, year, mileage,condition.

But a stealer will surely get £1200 to £1500 for the bike as it is, ye so maybe they'll have it in the showroom for a while to get the £1500 but that's what the showroom is for.lets say they flog the fazer for £1200 but in theory any warranty & subsequent risk  absorbes that £200.....so they break even...........Buuuuuuuuuuuuut.............

Lets not forget that they are also probably making considerable profit on the new purchase & from the type of person you are (im a bit like that too) they're probably trying to take the piss a little bit.

Just my opinion but you could squeeze another couple hundred outta them....sell private & say point blank £1500 & strictly NO OFFERS....haggle by saying youll be kind enough to fill the tank as a gesture of good will.....the fazer is still much more bike than that but being winter prices will be low & they are already at rock bottom.wish i had a massive garage to buy all these £1000 fazers. :'(

Good luck!
« Last Edit: 23 November 2013, 12:59:07 pm by noggythenog »
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 November 2013, 01:04:42 pm »
P.S Mr Buck........get that luggage rack & the Crash bars off straight away & get them flogged on here......for the right price someone will buy them in seconds & you can claw back some of the money you've spent.....then youve got a nicer looking Fazer without the practical but ugly looking bits to boot. :)

Bigfellabuck

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XJ600 Diversion 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 November 2013, 01:10:26 pm »
Hiya Noggythenog, thanks mate and you make good sense especially about the rack, practical but not for this bike eh , I'll give it some thought as I really like the Fazer , could grind a couple of inch's off me legs I suppose.

Buck

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 November 2013, 01:18:31 pm »
Look at raising the seat or some rear sets.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

Bigfellabuck

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XJ600 Diversion 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 November 2013, 02:08:39 pm »
Hi skippernick, I have mate but the expense has stopped me for now, also its my missus that struggles more than me and I cant drop the rear pegs enough to suit.

Thanks Bud

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 November 2013, 02:25:59 pm »
buck, have you tried it private?....in that condition and true mileage its got to be worth...min £1400..surely...likes been said whip the extras off it and sell em on here"?....tight bunch a bstds "..but you should get £50..t..£60..for the givi"...and i would have thought min of £40...for crash bars? ;) ...try it you got nowt to lose? :rolleyes

Bigfellabuck

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XJ600 Diversion 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 November 2013, 02:29:07 pm »
Hi CRH, I may do mate, I've been pondering for some time now but struggling like mad to reach a decision. The fazers so lovable ( and very quick ) but I'll have to sort me head out soon.

Buck

jason1

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 November 2013, 02:37:47 pm »
Some good advice to strip all the extras off and haggle for £200 more from dealer . Prob settle on £100 more for bike. But with selling the extras you wont be that short either. Plus no advertising fees and hassle.

If you do go that way , id def be interested in the crash bars . Pm me anytime .

Good luck either way  ;)

Bigfellabuck

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XJ600 Diversion 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 November 2013, 03:04:03 pm »
Thanks Jason1 , you'll be the first I'd contact if so mate, funnily enough I've just had a call from 5 Ways in Hull about the TDM I was after, maybe theyre struggling cos thats twice this week so I could arm wrestle em a bit, they mentioned PCP finance, whats that ? Is it where you give the bike back after a while?? If so what do I do if I want to trade-in cos I wont have owt to swap??

thanks all  Buck

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 November 2013, 04:34:18 pm »
Thanks Jason1 , you'll be the first I'd contact if so mate, funnily enough I've just had a call from 5 Ways in Hull about the TDM I was after, maybe theyre struggling cos thats twice this week so I could arm wrestle em a bit, they mentioned PCP finance, whats that ? Is it where you give the bike back after a while?? If so what do I do if I want to trade-in cos I wont have owt to swap??

thanks all  Buck

They sell you a 4k bike under pcp, lets say over 3 years.

You pay payments on say half of it so 2k, nice cheap payments.

They set a minimum price that they will give you for the bike at the end of the 3 years. (Ex2k).

After the 3 years are up you get 2 options:-

First option is hand back the buke to them & cough up what you owe them ie the other 2k.

Second option is you fancy a change, you trade the bike in for what they say it is worth which will basically be the guaranteed minimum that they said theyd give you when you originally took out the bike.

Just another way of leasing the bike really.

Sounds like the stealer is desperate & trying to stuff you buck.

I reckon armed with new knowledge you should go to some different dealers, no matter how far away & get a better deal.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 November 2013, 05:01:09 pm »
Noggy, I thought at the end of the PCP contract, if you handed the bike back, as long as it was within agreed condition and mileage, you don't pay off the remaining? As the bike itself is paying it off? But yes, it's leasing the bike effectively, and you won't own it at any point unless you pay the final "balloon" payment at contract end.
Buck, the dealer may be saying that as it's a difficult time to sell bikes they don't want to give much for yours. But equally, their bikes should be priced lower if they want to keep turning over business. A balancing act, but you should be able to come out of it no worse than at any other time of year. I agree with Noggy, don't go to just one place, see what interest there may be at other shops. Good luck.  :)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 November 2013, 05:12:43 pm »
Noggy, I thought at the end of the PCP contract, if you handed the bike back, as long as it was within agreed condition and mileage, you don't pay off the remaining? As the bike itself is paying it off? But yes, it's leasing the bike effectively, and you won't own it at any point unless you pay the final "balloon" payment at contract end.
Buck, the dealer may be saying that as it's a difficult time to sell bikes they don't want to give much for yours. But equally, their bikes should be priced lower if they want to keep turning over business. A balancing act, but you should be able to come out of it no worse than at any other time of year. I agree with Noggy, don't go to just one place, see what interest there may be at other shops. Good luck.  :)

:wall  Somebody foccin shoot me!!!!! :2guns  -  :  - -  :  - - - :b

Yep nick you is right.......dunno wtf i was on there......hand the vehicle back & walk away without paying anything else....could actually be an option for you Buck...especially if you hate privte sales & foccing about coz its all done through the stealer & pre agreed....so long as you dont rely on the bike as your only transport....i mean not that youd want to give up biking but if you lay the bike up over winter then end of contract, give it back & then wait til next summer to decide what else you fancy.

In the meantime you can secretly hoard away another 1k for for a  :faz [size=78%]  [/size] :D

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 November 2013, 06:19:43 pm »
Hi skippernick, I have mate but the expense has stopped me for now, also its my missus that struggles more than me and I cant drop the rear pegs enough to suit.

Thanks Bud

try this as a cheap idea to see if it helps, i have one for longer journeys as i have the same problem, knackered knees after an hour, this seat pad means i can go for at least 2!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORCYCLE-COMFORT-SEAT-PAD-NOT-AIR-OR-GEL-FITS-ALL-BIKES-AND-SCOOTERS-/251374120761?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item3a8710af39
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 November 2013, 08:02:46 pm »
Told ya you should have done the deal for my TDM buck, you've missed out now! ::)
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

alexanderfitu

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 23 November 2013, 10:42:07 pm »
1200 is the floor of what I would accept in part ex. I just part exed mine and got 1200 for it. Funnily enough, even after all the moaning they've had to put 2 tyres on and that the headlights had no output they have it for sale at 1800

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=221320895059&globalID=EBAY-GB

Bigfellabuck

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XJ600 Diversion 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 November 2013, 11:18:17 pm »
Hi Guys, thanks for your help and replies, they make for good reading,

Skippernick, if I put one of those seat pads on for our lass, she'd fly off the back ( good idea really )

Stevierst , I was very close mate , If you'd have offered me a bit of cash it could have swayed the deal, loved the colour by the way,

Alexanderfitu, they know what theyre doin eh mate but i dont think they'll get that much, do you??

Thanks again guys , much appreciated

Buck

YamFazMan

• FOC-U's Victor Meldrew
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 November 2013, 11:43:19 pm »
Hi

@ Bigfellabuck

The wife was getting cramp on the pillion.
So I made some Rear Footrest Hangers that moved the footrests forward 50mm and down 50mm
you can get the 30mm x 5mm steel strip 1M long from the larger B&Q's

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/70564722/87.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/70564722/88.JPG
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/70564722/90.JPG
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/70564722/100.JPG

Use the Fazer footrest hanger capscrews to hold the new brackets to the bike (heads are thinner see pic's) then std capscrews for the footrest hanger to bracket.
The 8mm bolt goes through the 10mm threaded captive nut on the exhaust can.

ATB YFM
« Last Edit: 23 November 2013, 11:44:57 pm by YamFazMan »

Doddsie

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 November 2013, 12:14:50 am »
Most powerful haggling tool you have is your head. If your not happy with what ever anyone offers you, shake your head and walk away, it costs nothing!!  :)

steviebhoy

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 November 2013, 01:04:20 am »
As the others have said take the extra bits off and flog them here I would wait till next spring then sell you will get closer to what you paid for it then.
Stevie

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 November 2013, 01:58:44 am »
For what you have for £1600 initial price, I don't think you messed up at all. I payed about £100 more for a bike with almost 8k more miles. Sure it was in brilliant condition, had brand new tyres (bollocks dunlop cheapo ones to be fair) and brand new OEM carb to engine rubbers but If I'm honest I probably paid too much. However, I don't regret it at all. I have had the urge for all sorts since buying the bike, big supermotos, TDM 850's, Teneres, pretty much anything with more leg room for my silly long legs and the same fun factor. To be honest though, a supermoto wouldn't have toured wales with my brother on the back anywhere near as good this year and when I go for a ride with my mates on their sports bikes, a TDM would be harder work to try and keep up with them. The Fazer has stunned me at just how good a do it all it genuinely is. THE BIGGEST OVERSIGHT for me was that physically, if you're over 6"2 with long legs you will get cramp or severe leg fatigue on this bike in standard setup. The same goes for your pillion.

My initial plan for this bike was to buy the best one as I could afford and keep it forever , initially as my main bike then if I can afford an upgrade in the future have it as my secondary commuter/ fun hack. I plan to still do that and have began modifying the bike to allow me to ride it in more comfort. I will be making a thread soon to show what I have done, I can send you all of the links and the company I have used for the seat upgrade to see if they can do the same for you. I love this bike, I didn't even realise at first but spending time off it then going back to it I just think what an absolute legend it is. It just does everything I need with ease and performs above and beyond its price tag. How tall is your wife because I went 150 miles from Torbay to Portstmouth with myself 6"4 and mate 6"2 on the back and it did it with ease and wasn't too horrific for either of us, we just had a fair few breaks at lyme regis and a few service stops. No bike is 100% comfortable unless you buy a goldwing, there will always be a compromise. As said before, think hard before you make any decision as at this time of year especially you are going to make a loss on a great bike.

Bigfellabuck

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XJ600 Diversion 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 November 2013, 01:16:01 pm »
Hi Guys, thanks again for your posts, theyre all great info.

Yanfazman, thanks for the pics and drawing matey , thats something for me to chew over and probably go that way cos I love the bike.

Yamazer-92 , I so realise what your saying cos I have been looking at the Fazer for ages until some money came my way to get one, now I have I dont want to part with it cos its mustard mate,I love it. If you could send me the link for the seat upgrade that would be ace and thanks a bunch. The wifes only 5' 4" bud but still suffers a bit so dont know why, maybe she's sat too close to me, I'll stick her on the box back plate lol.

Thanks for all your advice guys.   Buck

YamFazMan

• FOC-U's Victor Meldrew
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 November 2013, 02:28:52 pm »
Hi

Mrs YamFazMan said to tell you the footrest brackets make a real difference and its easier to get on/off the bike  :uhuh

ATB YFM 

Bigfellabuck

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XJ600 Diversion 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 November 2013, 04:18:02 pm »
Cheers matey, laughing like mad at the smiley at the end, class. Tell your lady thanks

Buck  :lol :lol

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24 November 2013, 04:27:14 pm »
Is it sore knees that yur missus is suffering with?????

You might have hit on something with your earlier post.....i mean a pillion doesnt have any controls to move so id be surprised if it was ankle cramp or anything....but could she be actively putting too much pressure on the pegs & almost tensing up all her leg muscles instead of just going loose & relaxing......if so this will happen on any bike......worth checking with her....even as a rider i hear people getting all sorts of aches & pains coz they dont hang loose on the saddle like john wayne.