Date: 27-04-24  Time: 19:27 pm

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 227084 times)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Re: Just for VNA a brexit thread
« Reply #2100 on: 06 February 2019, 07:09:42 pm »
Farage right now is on his LBC show - as he is every week day 6-7pm
Amazing how he juggles that with his other job we pay him for, at the EU. The one he hardly ever turns up for.

Anyway I'm always too busy at that time. Pity. Try James O'Brien instead  :)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: 06 February 2019, 07:27:20 pm »
Farage right now is on his LBC show - as he is every week day 6-7pm

Amazing how he juggles that with his other job we pay him for, at the EU. The one he hardly ever turns up for.

Anyway I'm always too busy at that time. Pity. Try James O'Brien instead  :)
You do not see him because the BBC or Sky do not report on most of his EU speeches like the one he gave LAST WEEK, here it is for you
Sorry...
Across platforms, the video has racked up over four million views and counting but go and try to find it on the BBC despite showing the one after and in reply to his speech which was by that rabid Verhofstadt.
« Last Edit: 06 February 2019, 07:36:27 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: 06 February 2019, 08:10:57 pm »

Because your local city will be very soon charging you to drive in to town in a diesel.
My diesel is EURO 6 compliant.
In Scotland, the major cities of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee are planning to introduce Low Emission Zones within the next year.
My diesel is EURO 6 compliant and is exempt.
Although diesels produce 15% less CO2 than petrol cars, they emit four times more nitrogen dioxide (NO2) as well 22 times more particulate matter or PM – tiny particles that penetrate the brain, lungs and heart. I think you have been sniffing your own diesel fumes.     
Not the case if your diesel, like mine, is EURO 6 compliant. :D

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: 06 February 2019, 08:13:53 pm »

The biggest mistake this country made was voting to join the Common Market 40 odd years ago. Should have been named the Conman market or the Federal States of Europe So we all knew what that yes vote would lead too :eek a dictatorship from Brussels some 40 odd years later.
The electorate didn't have a vote on joining The EEC. Edward Heath signed us up to it. The 1975 referendum was a vote to decide whether we remained or left.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: 06 February 2019, 08:23:02 pm »

Across platforms, the video has racked up over four million views and counting but go and try to find it on the BBC despite showing the one after and in reply to his speech which was by that rabid Verhofstadt.
He’s a joke, an embarrassment.  Though a joke and embarrassment that has delivered BREXIT. 

But what is the relevance of Nigel’s rant, and rant it is.  Nigel might have lumbered us with BREXIT, but he’s not negotiating it.  Nigel isn’t in government, he’s no responsibility whatsoever with the mess he has lumbered us with.  So he can, as can been seen in this cringe worthy clip, rant and rave, and talk all the pish he wants.

And aye, yes perhaps there is a special place in hell for Nigel.  What a total utter prick he is.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: 06 February 2019, 08:26:57 pm »
Because your local city will be very soon charging you to drive in to town in a diesel.
My diesel is EURO 6 compliant.
In Scotland, the major cities of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee are planning to introduce Low Emission Zones within the next year.
My diesel is EURO 6 compliant and is exempt.
Although diesels produce 15% less CO2 than petrol cars, they emit four times more nitrogen dioxide (NO2) as well 22 times more particulate matter or PM – tiny particles that penetrate the brain, lungs and heart. I think you have been sniffing your own diesel fumes.     
Not the case if your diesel, like mine, is EURO 6 compliant. :D

The issue I have with these ULEZ zones is that they cost the least well off the most. Most of the people who service, clean and generally keep our major towns and cities running can't afford to live in them and have to travel in, often at unsociable hours when public transport isn't running.

They simply can't afford to change at the drop of a hat to EURO 6 compliant vehicles. It's not a worry for the better off.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: 06 February 2019, 08:36:15 pm »

The issue I have with these ULEZ zones is that they cost the least well off the most. Most of the people who service, clean and generally keep our major towns and cities running can't afford to live in them and have to travel in, often at unsociable hours when public transport isn't running.

They simply can't afford to change at the drop of a hat to EURO 6 compliant vehicles. It's not a worry for the better off.
I totally agree with you. :eek :eek :eek   I can swan in and out for free cos I can afford a EURO6 diesel.  But people who can’t afford to buy a new motor cos the city centre regulations have changed are stuck with the charges.  Yeah, it’s crap. :(

But my point is, if diesel sales are being hit hard at the moment it is because people have been miss-informed. 

But the bigger picture, in the long run, is that fossil fuelled cars will be phased out.  I think most manufactures will be focusing on petrol for EURO7.  I suspect a few years down the road your two options will be plug in hybrid petrol or 100% electric.  And ultimately in the long run all petrol and diesel cars will be banned from city centres.

In the meantime, I’ll probably replace ma wee YETI 4x4 diesel with another diesel when the times comes.  Quite fancy a 3.0 BMW diesel (EURO 6 of course) – they are foccing quick.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: 06 February 2019, 08:39:56 pm »

You know the funny thing is, the people who have pushed BREXIT, Farage, Gove, Johnston, Mogg etc etc.  BREXIT won’t touch them, in fact they are going to make a killing out of it.  They do not give a flying fuck about ordinary people.

But for the ordinary punters – well lets just say, you gonna see a lot more food banks.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: 06 February 2019, 08:48:58 pm »
So we are agreed then that its the decline in diesel sales that has influenced Nissan 

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: 06 February 2019, 09:01:35 pm »
Bleak outlook for Nissan car plant despite £40m aid.This the headline for ---- no not 2019 but 2001

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1318403/Bleak-outlook-for-Nissan-car-plant-despite-40m-aid.html
Nissan have been looking for a way out for years and using the excuse of brexit has provided them a "free pass". Like when the gov puts out bad news undercover of a bigger story.
I wonder how much the move is influenced by the fact that Nissan is majoprity owned by a French company who get massive handouts from the French government 
« Last Edit: 06 February 2019, 09:17:19 pm by fazersharp »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: 06 February 2019, 09:08:40 pm »
You know the funny thing is, the people who have pushed BREXIT, Farage, Gove, Johnston, Mogg etc etc.  BREXIT won’t touch them
Really?. I thought they'd got a 'Special Place In Hell' waiting for them ;)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: 06 February 2019, 09:12:24 pm »
Nigel might have lumbered us with BREXIT, but he’s not negotiating it.  Nigel isn’t in government, he’s no responsibility whatsoever with the mess he has lumbered us with. 
Well that is the governments fault because they should of made him Sir Nigel and brought him into government. 

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: 06 February 2019, 09:21:21 pm »
Just heard the BBC news heavily pointing out that the Tusk "go to hell" comment was only directed at select politicians and not the wider 52% that voted leave. Brussels Broadcasting Company - :rolleyes

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: 06 February 2019, 10:26:07 pm »
Bleak outlook for Nissan car plant despite £40m aid.This the headline for ---- no not 2019 but 2001

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1318403/Bleak-outlook-for-Nissan-car-plant-despite-40m-aid.html
Nissan have been looking for a way out for years and using the excuse of brexit has provided them a "free pass". Like when the gov puts out bad news undercover of a bigger story.
I wonder how much the move is influenced by the fact that Nissan is majoprity owned by a French company who get massive handouts from the French government 
Big business is about money.  There has been nothing to stop Nissan leaving at any time.

What your article points out is Nissans shear frustration at the UK in not joining the Euro.  (Oh gosh it's about the EU again!) :rolleyes

The factory is also exploring getting most of the Micra's components from the eurozone which would be a blow to British component suppliers.
What did happen was numerous parts suppliers in the UK were put out of business.  Nissan then with the strong pound had the parts made in Europe.  That made their overall investment in the UK work.

But guess what.  The pound is weak because of BREXIT, so the cost of the components has soared. Further the pound will crash if there is no deal.   And right now, just when Nissan need to tool up for a new model, they don’t even know what their market access will be.  A 20% increase in component costs added to WTO tarriffs could spell the end of Sunderland.

Under the current circumstances they have played safe and dumped Sunderland for the new model.

They are due to tool up for the new Qashqai next year.  You can guarantee they are working on a back-up plan to Sunderland. 

BREXIT - what a foccing great idea. :eek

« Last Edit: 06 February 2019, 10:26:45 pm by VNA »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: 06 February 2019, 10:55:11 pm »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2115 on: 06 February 2019, 10:56:06 pm »
BREXIT - what a foccing great idea.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: 06 February 2019, 11:28:09 pm »

Aye, that seems about right. :lol

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #2117 on: 07 February 2019, 12:08:55 am »
So Tusk lets his true hatred of those who would DARE to leave the EU, he says they deserve 'special place in hell'.

It's amazing how many Brexiters and the Brexit supporting media have managed to take this and twist it to their needs by selectively quoting him.

What he actually said was: there was a "special place in hell" "for those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan of how to carry it out safely"

Cameron didn't plan because he didn't expect to lose. Boris supported Brexit because he didn't expect to win.

We've had two years of faffing around and now we have May's deal which should have been on the Referendum in the first place, so the question would have been "Do we Leave with this deal or Remain as we are now".

I bet a lot more people would have then realised that May's deal leaves us worse off than remaining.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: 07 February 2019, 12:41:45 am »
What he actually said was: there was a "special place in hell" "for those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan of how to carry it out safely"

Cameron didn't plan because he didn't expect to lose. Boris supported Brexit because he didn't expect to win.

Spot on Grahamm.  Cameron offered it in the hope of his party gaining the most seats in parliament – he did not however expect to win a majority.  That came as a surprise to him.  He gave it a bit of thought, and decided to honour his manifesto pledge as the no way would the country be stupid enough to vote in favour of leaving the EU.

Not one thought was given to what leaving the EU might actually mean.  No thought whatsoever was given to Northern Ireland and the hard won peace under the Good Friday agreement.

Boris jumped in cos he thought playing the populaist card woud be good for his career.

What an absolute fuck up. 

Just heard the BBC news heavily pointing out that the Tusk "go to hell" comment was only directed at select politicians and not the wider 52% that voted leave. Brussels Broadcasting Company - :rolleyes
I have seen the clip of Tusk making his statement.  I have not seen the “BBC news heavily pointing out” bit you refer to.  Were you watching Newsround or something?  It’s pretty fucking obvious who Tusk is quite rightly pointing the finger at. >: >: >:

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: 07 February 2019, 08:46:17 am »

I wonder if it will affect Tusk's chances of being re-elected?.

Oh hang on I forgot, he's un-elected isn't he :lol

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: 07 February 2019, 09:16:36 am »
Just for Donald Tusks information that SPECIAL PLACE IN HELL is in the battle fields of  all over Europe where millions from all over the world lay down their lives defending European freedom from tyrants and despots and lunatics.     RING ANY BELLS DONALD TUSK?

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: 07 February 2019, 11:40:16 am »
Just for Donald Tusks information that SPECIAL PLACE IN HELL is in the battle fields of  all over Europe where millions from all over the world lay down their lives defending European freedom from tyrants and despots and lunatics.     RING ANY BELLS DONALD TUSK?

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: 07 February 2019, 11:42:11 am »
I wonder if it will affect Tusk's chances of being re-elected?.
Oh hang on I forgot, he's un-elected isn't he

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: 07 February 2019, 04:16:59 pm »
mtread  I never mentioned WW2 you were just making your usual assumptions. I said battle fields and soldiers from all over the world. Including European soldiers fighting for their freedom from tyranny.  Perhaps you had conveniently forgot the Napoleonic wars of the late 1700s and early 1800s the first world war and  WW2 and probably a few more skirmishes  I have forgotten.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: 07 February 2019, 04:49:32 pm »

Every time I hear Tusk mentioned I keep thinking of the Fleetwood mac album/song that was the strange, somewhat disappointing follow-up to Rumours :guitar :lol